Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3855      
       3857              4282       4283       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

gerov
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3856 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei wrote:
Peter, I like the composition on the Hustler.

+1 that is a very intriguing plane for me, and your POV shows how little clearance there was between the landing gear and that tank...which looks just massive from this angle.

Got any more Hustler shots?

Gero

Edit - dangit - busted at ToP

Got this while watching my kids swimming around in the surf at Assateague Island, MD yesterday. Didn't hear these guys coming (there were two of them) and so I'm doubly busted with a 98% frozen prop. I swear there is a smidgeon of blur in there

Beach Combers

Aug 23, 2013 at 01:08 AM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3856 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A hearty congrats on the new clients Jim - I would expect no less from you, and it leaves me scratching my head about the other guy...

Aug 23, 2013 at 01:17 AM
dtw757
• •
p.3856 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

gerov wrote:
+1 that is a very intriguing plane for me, and your POV shows how little clearance there was between the landing gear and that tank...which looks just massive from this angle.

Got any more Hustler shots?

Gero

Edit - dangit - busted at ToP

Got this while watching my kids swimming around in the surf at Assateague Island, MD yesterday. Didn't hear these guys coming (there were two of them) and so I'm doubly busted with a 98% frozen prop. I swear there is a smidgeon of blur in there

Nice shot of the T-34C. Lot of fun to fly, have just a little over 1200 hours in it (early 80's). That one is out of NAS Oceana, Weapons school. Used as spotter aircraft...still in Training Command colors. Regardless of "frozen" prop....I like it.

Aug 23, 2013 at 05:05 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3856 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

6:11am, headed out to shoot a commercial architecture project today and tomorrow. Took a couple of the boys to Hydrous late yesterday............

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3856 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
6:11am, headed out to shoot a commercial architecture project today and tomorrow. Took a couple of the boys to Hydrous late yesterday............

Looks like they're having a hoot Jim

Sunrise on the ramp at NAFEC.

Aug 23, 2013 at 03:02 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3856 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

For those who play along on Facebook, you may recall I mentioned being contacted by the Thunderbirds about a particular shot I had. Here's the backstory...

I was contacted by the US Air Force Thunderbirds to see if I might have a particular image in my archives from the Aviation Nation airshow at Nellis AFB back in 2007. At first, my only impetus was a voicemail from a Tech Sgt Richmond in the Public Affairs office but it was the forwarded message from another Air Force family that the team had received that put the lump in my throat:

"Dear Thunderbird Team,

I have a special request. My wife was watching a video of one of your performances recently and it brought her to tears. The video was of a 6-ship T-bird missing man formation. When I asked her why she was crying over something we had seen many times during our 2 tours at Nellis, she responded "it reminds me of Grant." On May 17, 2013, while on leave on a farm in PA, my 6 year old son Grant was tragically killed when a farm horse kicked him in the chest and he sustained unsurvivable injuries. The wound is deep and I guess this T-bird video reminded her of our USAF family and the 6 kids we have, with one of them who flew up to heaven just 2 months ago. Do you happen to have any high resolution pictures (the more the better) you could send me of a 6-ship missing man formation (preferably with the departing aircraft still in frame, but separated from the remaining 5-ship)? My plan is to print a poster of this along with my son's picture in his brothers' room (my 8, 6 and 4 yr old boys all shared the same room).

With much appreciation,

XXXXX XXXXX Lt Col, USAF
Chief, USAF Red Team"

Needless to say, I was never more willing in my life to supply an image on request...

This is why I choose to be a photographer.

Aug 23, 2013 at 06:35 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3856 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jay, that is wonderful, just wonderful, and not all that surprising, given your hard earned standing in such things.

Edited on Aug 23, 2013 at 08:35 PM · View previous versions

Aug 23, 2013 at 07:20 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3856 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wonderful Jay what an Honour

Old Warrior

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    210mm    f/7.1    1/80s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Aug 23, 2013 at 07:32 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3856 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And in other news, it appears that Jay and I are forming the MA2A sub-group of 'People who have got Gene Soucy onto the cover of a magazine'! Coming soon to an FBO near you...

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:12 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3856 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Congratulations Lady Jo!

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Angry
• • •
p.3856 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Al! Thank you very much Sir!! Your Violet Crumble care package has been received and efficiently dealt with!! Just remember, "bribery will get you everywhere.........."

Thanks Buddy!

I was walking past the shelf in the local supermarket & spotted them while looking for Chocolates ofr my beloved...

Think I better bring a couple of boxes with me in October......

Orders being taken now....

Al

Aug 23, 2013 at 09:02 PM
viczig
• • •
p.3856 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Practice day for the Plymouth MA airshow

Aug 23, 2013 at 09:16 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3856 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear Jay,

Can't say anything that hasn't been said...........well I really can't say anything at all. You're a good one my friend.

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3856 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I can't imagine any of us wouldn't have done the same...

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3856 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Grabbing a salad at McAlister's and winding down a 15 hour day. Funny, at a time when I've been thinking about how I might scale this operation back a bit, I seem to be adding huge clients at a record pace. Two of the world's largest commercial property managers/developers were added to my client list today. Sheesh! To be twenty five and know what we know today huh?

And Zim, I know "No is a complete sentence", but man, the marketer in me has a hard time uttering it in these situations. They say if you do something for 30 days it becomes a habit, well try 32 years, plus all the years I was in training for this job!

I suppose I can mitigate some taxes if I charge my day rate, and use the Pilatus to get me to and from the shoot.

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3856 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, congratulations on the new clients.

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:38 AM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3856 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

dtw757 wrote:
Nice shot of the T-34C. Lot of fun to fly, have just a little over 1200 hours in it (early 80's). That one is out of NAS Oceana, Weapons school. Used as spotter aircraft...still in Training Command colors. Regardless of "frozen" prop....I like it.

thanks very much for the background on the planes. I thought they may have been out of the NASA facility by Chincoteague, but I guess they got a bit more of a ride. They had gone north about an hour prior.

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3856 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jay, that is wonderful that you were able to supply the appropriate image. After reading the story behind the request, I choked up a little when I saw the image. I guess I must be getting more sentimental as I get older.

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3856 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great news, Lady Jo.

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3856 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well done, Jay. It must be most rewarding that you were able to go back into your archives and find just the right image for this request

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:46 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password