FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3852      
       3854              4533       4534       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3853 #1 · p.3853 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I anticipate having yours (and mine) on Thursday Rodolfo!

Jul 14, 2014 at 02:20 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3853 #2 · p.3853 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
FYI, I've put a D800 on the B&S.

If any MATA member wants it, I'll take $100 off the price for family and make the inspection period two weeks.

And when Rodolfo says it's a "10", you can make book on it!

Jul 14, 2014 at 02:25 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3853 #3 · p.3853 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm waiting to snatch up one of the outpouring of D800e's shirley to flood the b&s in the next couple weeks. Dont see a compelling reason to buy a D810 on the first day.

Has anybody shot both d800 and d800e at the same time and noticed a discernable sharpness difference in the e model?

Glenn

edit for topp:

Mr. Airshow..

Edited on Jul 14, 2014 at 03:35 AM · View previous versions

Jul 14, 2014 at 03:31 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3853 #4 · p.3853 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sort of debated between marking it a "9" or a "10" because a "10" really should be perfect, and I can see two tiny marks on it... but in the end, I decided that those marks are small enough, and hard enough to find even when looking for them, to represent an "OCD Detector" more than any actual flaw. Hopefully there's a potential buyer who agrees.

If that Thursday ETA pans out, this might be even sweeter than I had hoped. I'm leaving for Guatemala on Friday, for two weeks, and had resigned myself to seeing the D810 upon my return. But a Thursday arrival might allow for a priority overnight package to reach me just before I head for the airport... yum. Whom should I call at CC to give them my card number and shipping instructions?

Thanks again for calling them while I was in Ireland. I'm grateful for the favor.

Jul 14, 2014 at 03:34 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3853 #5 · p.3853 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
I'm waiting to snatch up one of the outpouring of D800e's shirley to flood the b&s in the next couple weeks. Dont see a compelling reason to buy a D810 on the first day.

Has anybody shot both d800 and d800e at the same time and noticed a discernable sharpness difference in the e model?

I have two D800 and one "E" model. Have shot them side-by-side extensively, can't see any difference. On the other hand, action and aviation do not allow for the kind of precision shooting that would reveal any small differences, and I've seen enough credible reviews that do find a difference to discount it out of hand. My conclusion is that there is a difference, but the subjects we shoot and the ways we shoot them have too low a level of pixel-level precision for it to matter. The "E" is overkill for aviation and action, IMHO... but I'm OCD enough to care about even a potential marginal improvement so I got one.

All three of my cameras will be sold within the next 3-4 months to make space for two D810 bodies; along with both of Jim's, and Zim's, and God knows how many others. You can have your pick of great choices and doubtless also great prices.

Jul 14, 2014 at 03:40 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3853 #6 · p.3853 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I've got a D810 on order, too, and since I have only one Nikon FX body, I think I'll keep the D800 as my backup and instead start divesting my Canon gear. Never thought I'd say that, but I've got a surplus of camera systems: Canon EF, Nikon FX and DX, Panasonic and Olympus micro four thirds. it's driving me crazy trying to keep all the controls and menu systems straight. I know, I know: first world problems...

Jul 14, 2014 at 04:38 AM
johnahill
• • • •
p.3853 #7 · p.3853 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Man I love that B25! Nice work John!

Cheers Jim, she sure is a beauty

Jul 14, 2014 at 06:29 AM
richhrly
• • •
p.3853 #8 · p.3853 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

More Fitter action!

Jul 14, 2014 at 08:16 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3853 #9 · p.3853 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
...oh, can we say "illegal", or are they "undocumented" UAV operators?

. I've always been an advocate of calling things what they are, whether it's in aviation, immigration, or anything else. Anything that does not fulfill the requirements of the law is illegal, regardless of any and all possible mitigating circumstances. Unfortunately, using terminology that is perceived to be more favorable to their cause is standard practice for essentially all special interest groups, so this isn't going to go away.

Some of those mealy-mouthed bits of marketing-speak are more damaging to the public interest than others, though. Kellogg's uses what Monsanto calls "enhanced corn" in children's cereals, for example. What Monsanto doesn't tell you is that "enhanced corn" has been genetically modified in two ways. First, to resist pesticides so the corn you eat can be repeatedly doused in some of the nastiest chemicals out there -- including a component of Agent Orange! And second, the corn itself secretes its own pesticide, a toxin that ruptures the internal organs of the worms and small animals that might eat it. Don't you just love the idea of feeding your children and grandchildren a cereal whose corn is registered with the FDA as a toxic substance?

They say, of course, that this toxin does not accumulate in the bodies of humans and is not a health risk. But that's what they said about DDT too, and there are NO human studies on the subject. Isn't that nice...

Edited on Jul 14, 2014 at 03:33 PM · View previous versions

Jul 14, 2014 at 02:56 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3853 #10 · p.3853 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

This whole drone thing is going to get very messy, very soon, IMHO. The FAA's undermanned as it is, and the proliferation of drones represents a huge time sink for a large number of regulators and enforcement folks.

Jul 14, 2014 at 03:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3853 #11 · p.3853 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I can see a cottage industry in residential SAM's growing quickly...

Jul 14, 2014 at 03:34 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3853 #12 · p.3853 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh Rodolfo, you’ve given the game away now. As I write this, Sir Donald has “something” in the advanced test stage.

Jul 14, 2014 at 04:40 PM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.3853 #13 · p.3853 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

First day of Farnborough International with a very short display. I spent a couple of hours in the Pyestock car park. Away at work today and tomorrow but am inside on Thursday.

Airbus 380

Airbus 350-900

Eurofighter Typhoon

Jul 14, 2014 at 07:23 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3853 #14 · p.3853 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jul 14, 2014 at 08:07 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3853 #15 · p.3853 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jul 14, 2014 at 08:22 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3853 #16 · p.3853 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ow man stunning.

Jul 14, 2014 at 09:07 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3853 #17 · p.3853 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Gorgeous images, gentlemen. Rich's Spitfire and "Ripper's Red" are my favorites, but they're all beautiful.

I was remiss in not mentioning that Rich made time and space out of a busy shooting schedule to join us for Spanish tapas one night during our London stay. Great conversation, so much that I forgot the obligatory mug shot of us despite having the camera at my side. The kids behaved, the croquettes were awesome, and London is always a favorite of mine... what's not to love?

It won't be three years 'til next time, Rich. I have another trip to London in February
...Show more

Rodolfo,

I am sure Kev is coping quite well with the Hula girls in Honolulu.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:35 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3853 #18 · p.3853 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nrferguson wrote:
First day of Farnborough International with a very short display. I spent a couple of hours in the Pyestock car park. Away at work today and tomorrow but am inside on Thursday.

I believe the P-8 is due to display on Thursday. It spent the day on the static.
I wanted to wait for the Voyager departing this afternoon but had to leave to catch my flight home from LHR.

The 787-9 did the most unbelievable touch and go.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3853 #19 · p.3853 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Some cool footage.

Jul 15, 2014 at 02:02 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3853 #20 · p.3853 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:
The 787-9 did the most unbelievable touch and go.

saw a video on youtube...did indeed look like quite the maneuver

" target="_blank">

Jul 15, 2014 at 03:06 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password