1       2       3              3847      
       3849              4531       4532       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3848 #1 · p.3848 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Like I said, I had all these creative ideas prior to launching mine. Once it left the ground all I could see was liability. The average photographer with ten bucks in his or her pocket and assets totaling a grand or two, doesn't have to sweat liability, because no lawyer will go after them if there isn't a deep pocket in there somewhere, but the Feds don't care about that.

I am rapidly coming to the same conclusion, Jim.

Jul 09, 2014 at 08:59 PM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3848 #2 · p.3848 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The performer list for the Abbotsford show keeps growing. today they added the de Havilland Mosquito to the list...one of the only airshows I've ever seen where the performers list is significantly longer than the static display list.

http://www.abbotsfordairshow.com/index.php?p=1_46_PERFORMERS

Jul 09, 2014 at 09:25 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3848 #3 · p.3848 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NYPD Helo Unit encountered two Phantoms flying above the GWB in NYC the other day...

Jul 09, 2014 at 10:31 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3848 #4 · p.3848 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"Traffic above you at your 11 to 12 o'clock low..."

Jul 09, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3848 #5 · p.3848 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wonder how many hours that Tri-motor has on it!!

Jul 09, 2014 at 10:52 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3848 #6 · p.3848 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The project that Rob Turchick has been slaving away over for several months (with a little bit of help from yours truly)

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Aviationbuff
• • •
p.3848 #7 · p.3848 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

P-51C Mustang "By Request" - Christopher Buff, www.Aviationbuff.com

Jul 10, 2014 at 01:18 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3848 #8 · p.3848 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Adams wrote:
Some interesting stuff has just come up for sale, Battle of Britain collection, and this P-51.

http://www.platinumfighters.com/#!p-51d-n38227/c132k

Price is too steep. 1.5, then you have to spend a boat load of money to restore it.

Especially the Spit...

Jul 10, 2014 at 03:11 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3848 #9 · p.3848 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Only a couple weeks away!

Jul 10, 2014 at 07:22 AM
carrg1954
• • •
p.3848 #10 · p.3848 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
I just received a package from 42 S. containing comp copies of the official commemorative book published to record the 2014 Warbirds Over Wanaka International Airshow. Author Jill Herron asked us, the book photographers, to send her a dozen of our best shots. In the end she used nearly forty of my images, including the title page shot you see in the photo below; Jill even even included another photographer's shot of me in my orange safety vest, chimping, after a photo pass by one of the performers. The other principal book photographers are Gavin Conroy, Philip Makanna, Glenn Alderton
...Show more

Steve, Good to see regards

Jul 10, 2014 at 09:12 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3848 #11 · p.3848 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You're not excited about that at all, are you?

FlyingPhotog wrote:

Only a couple weeks away!
http://crosswindimages.com/img/s12/v178/p718527377-6.jpg

Jul 10, 2014 at 01:18 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3848 #12 · p.3848 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ouch Steve, I'm sure that was definitely a painful clip, especially with the jagged edges. Wonder if a small fan's blade guard would fit over those with no ill effects on flight, some of those cheap fans..

stevez wrote:
Wait, the Coast Guard now claims jurisdiction over the airspace above waterways? The FAA won't stand still for that, I bet. I see a long bout of legal wrangling over this one: the boom in multi-rotor 'copters is creating a regulatory nightmare and it will take a long time to sort out.

And just in case it was needed, here's a reminder that a Phantom is essentially a flying Cuisinart with no safety interlocks, and that these things warrant an operators' extreme caution when flown in the vicinity of other people. You can bet I have a newfound respect for the
...Show more

Jul 10, 2014 at 01:23 PM
johnahill
• • • •
p.3848 #13 · p.3848 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Anyone know the latest on the F35's, are we likely to have a debut at RIAT this weekend?

Jul 10, 2014 at 03:47 PM
johnahill
• • • •
p.3848 #14 · p.3848 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

^ just read statement from RIAT, ain't happening

Jul 10, 2014 at 03:52 PM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3848 #15 · p.3848 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And unfortunately, while Lockheed is wearing this problem in the media, this is another P&W related grounding (two so far this year).

Jul 10, 2014 at 06:15 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3848 #16 · p.3848 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just sat in on an interesting discussion about drones. Seems the airport hired a kid to come out with an octocopter and do some low level video, the tower shut them down. I take some satisfaction in all of this because there was an edict banning R/C flight issued a few months back (who would do that anyway?) The city has re-approached the subject a half dozen times and the same answer stands....Uh, "No!"

This has got to be just about ready to blow up. Can someone explain to me how commercial use of drones (for money) is illegal, yet every TD&H has a website touting the service, uh, for money? Seems like the FAA would just have a guy surf the web and start levying fines. The FAA can't handle what they have, spend billions on computer systems that go out of date while they try to get them implemented, can't begin to get out of their own way, but they are now going to attempt to regulate a zillion people who have spent from $39 to $15,000 on drones? I just can't envision how this is going to play out......short of them deciding that they can be flown in one's house, and not on the second floor.

Oh, and BTW, who would want the market niche anyway. Much like the virtual tour market, they charge a couple hundred dollars, burn a half day going, doing and returning, the numbers just don't work. Just jump on one of those $15.00 an hour minimum wage gigs in a few months...............

Jul 10, 2014 at 08:51 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3848 #17 · p.3848 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"It's twu, it's twu..................!

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/07/08/first-nikon-d810-cameras-are-already-shipping-a-week-before-the-official-release-date.aspx/

Jul 10, 2014 at 09:06 PM
johnahill
• • • •
p.3848 #18 · p.3848 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Looking forward to Duxford flying legends this weekend.
Haven't attended a show for about a year, missing the sights, sounds and smells of these lovely warbirds.

Anyone else here going to Duxford? I know it clashes with RIAT.

Think I will go to the airshow side of the field for a change instead of the naughty field, duxford and TFC have issued a number of statements warning people not to stand in the adjacent fields, but I doubt they'll be able to stop it.

Here's one from the naughty field last year

Jul 10, 2014 at 09:21 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3848 #19 · p.3848 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well Zim, it seems that regardless of the head knowledge that reaching out to grab something sporting four swirling razor blades is dumb, it just seems to be irresistible. I was calibrating my Black Pearl HD monitor out by the pool a little while ago and the Phantom drifted in a direction that wasn't going to end well. So, the logical next move was to just instinctively reach out and snatch it. Phantom bite ensued. I'm thinking, if you can't fix stupid, then stupid ought to wear heavy leather gloves before he fires up a piece of technology that seems to want to retaliate against it's owner. Nothing that a couple of days and three Hello Kitty bandaides won't fix..............

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Slug69
• • •
p.3848 #20 · p.3848 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just to prove I can at least contribute here once in a while.

Heaps wrong with this shot which I will blame two children for. (mine)

I cannot imagine how many emails Boeing gets about a certain water tank located at their factory...

DSC_4965 by Slug69, on Flickr

Jul 11, 2014 at 12:14 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password