Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3844      
3845
       3846              4856       4857       end
  

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
  
 
Zane Adams
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3845 #1 · p.3845 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


FlyingPhotog wrote:
Zane, how hot was it when you shot the images with the "oddities" in them?

Might be, in some way, a manifestation of heat haze.

Long glass amplifies atmospherics in odd ways sometimes.



The warmest was vulture shot June in Texas, probably 90. The prairie dog was at Valles Caldera, it was only @ 75 or so that day. The ground squirrel shot was a nice cool 60ish in the mountains.



Aug 16, 2013 at 02:19 AM
Zane Adams
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3845 #2 · p.3845 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


FlyingPhotog wrote:
Zane, how hot was it when you shot the images with the "oddities" in them?

Might be, in some way, a manifestation of heat haze.

Long glass amplifies atmospherics in odd ways sometimes.



The warmest was vulture shot June in Texas, probably 90. The prairie dog was at Valles Caldera, it was only @ 75 or so that day. The ground squirrel shot was a nice cool 60ish in the mountains.



Aug 16, 2013 at 02:25 AM
Ernie Aubert
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3845 #3 · p.3845 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Colin Giersberg wrote:
Another nice model engine that is air powered I believe. It even sounds nice.



Wow! I'm going to have to watch that on my other computer that has speakers; thanks for posting that!



Aug 16, 2013 at 02:33 AM
carrg1954
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3845 #4 · p.3845 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Colin Giersberg wrote:
Another nice model engine that is air powered I believe. It even sounds nice.



thanks for the link Colin,



Aug 16, 2013 at 02:42 AM
FlyingPhotog
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3845 #5 · p.3845 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


"...Last Gleaming"



Aug 16, 2013 at 03:48 AM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3845 #6 · p.3845 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Outstanding Jay! But then that's the benchmark you have set. Are most of those images with the 200-400? Please tell me no, it Wil save me all kinds of money


Aug 16, 2013 at 01:39 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3845 #7 · p.3845 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Wonder what it would take to entice the Vulcan folks to arrange a true (our timing/light/platform) air to air with the aircraft? The upside for them would be timeless imagery, and of course flying with some really great people.


Aug 16, 2013 at 01:45 PM
Zane Adams
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3845 #8 · p.3845 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JWilsonphoto wrote:
Wonder what it would take to entice the Vulcan folks to arrange a true (our timing/light/platform) air to air with the aircraft? The upside for them would be timeless imagery, and of course flying with some really great people.


Probably need to start with a big pile cubic dollars....




Aug 16, 2013 at 02:35 PM
stevezzzz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3845 #9 · p.3845 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
They don't look anywhere near the same to me... these look like slightly busy bokeh which would be a natural characteristic of your lens, while the others looked like highly artificial optical defects (aka, cheap UV filter ). Try shooting without the filter for a while and see if it ever happens again.


Zane, the only other possibility I can think of is that the filter stack mounted on the front of the sensor moved a few microns and you're seeing Moire patterns as a result. It's far fetched, because there are no color artifacts that I can see, but...



Aug 16, 2013 at 02:49 PM
ELinder
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3845 #10 · p.3845 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Um, Jay, could you please post an out of focus shot of the ground so we don't feel so bad about posting after you? Seriously, loving your shots, especially the ones where you can see the pilot at work.

Something a bit different. These guys put on a nice graceful formation flight with their motor gliders at Lost Nation Airport.

Erich





ELinder 2013





ELinder 2013





ELinder 2013




Aug 16, 2013 at 05:32 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



ELinder
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3845 #11 · p.3845 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


This T-51 must have a huge oil tank, because he put out a ton of smoke.

Erich





ELinder 2013




Aug 16, 2013 at 05:34 PM
stevezzzz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3845 #12 · p.3845 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


FlyingPhotog wrote:
"...Last Gleaming"


Best. Flag. Jumper. Shot. Ever.



Aug 16, 2013 at 06:18 PM
stevezzzz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3845 #13 · p.3845 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


ELinder wrote:
Something a bit different. These guys put on a nice graceful formation flight with their motor gliders at Lost Nation Airport.

Erich



Nice series, Erich. Those Schweitzer SGM 2-37 motorgliders used to be in service at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs as part of the cadet glider flight training program. According to Wikipedia, there were only twelve produced and they were retired from USAFA service in 2003. Who owns them now?

Interestingly, the SGM 2-37 eventually led to the Schweitzer RU-38A and -38B, twin-boom covert reconnaissance aircraft, as ugly a duckling as ever was.








Aug 16, 2013 at 06:28 PM
stevezzzz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3845 #14 · p.3845 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


C-47 gunship "Spooky" on the ramp at Forbes Field in Topeka.








Aug 16, 2013 at 06:30 PM
FlyingPhotog
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3845 #15 · p.3845 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Thanks Zim...

There were a couple of those long-winged motor gliders at Osh this year.

Nice POV on Spooky.

ETOP:

Howard 500 Fly By


Edited on Aug 16, 2013 at 07:36 PM · View previous versions



Aug 16, 2013 at 06:35 PM
futurshox
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3845 #16 · p.3845 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


A buddy of mine flies one of those long wings with Team Tuskegee, although he didn't fly at OSH. Here's a link to his blog which mentions some of the shows he has been at: http://airspeedonline.com/category/stephen-force/


Aug 16, 2013 at 06:49 PM
stevezzzz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3845 #17 · p.3845 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


FlyingPhotog wrote:
Thanks Zim...

There were a couple of those long-winged motor gliders at Osh this year.

Nice POV on Spooky.

ETOP:

Howard 500 Fly By


Wait, the Howard's been approved for ETOPS?



Aug 16, 2013 at 08:08 PM
FlyingPhotog
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3845 #18 · p.3845 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


In this case, it meant "Edit, Top Of Page"

But, they did get the blue and silver one to the states from Europe, so...

World's Angriest Hummingbird



Aug 16, 2013 at 08:15 PM
ELinder
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3845 #19 · p.3845 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


futurshox wrote:
A buddy of mine flies one of those long wings with Team Tuskegee, although he didn't fly at OSH. Here's a link to his blog which mentions some of the shows he has been at: http://airspeedonline.com/category/stephen-force/


Those are the folks in my photos, and that was the show they were at.

Steve, that Schweitzer twin boom certainly is an ugly duckling!

Erich



Aug 16, 2013 at 08:48 PM
Ernie Aubert
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3845 #20 · p.3845 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


But beautiful compared to an A-10!


Aug 16, 2013 at 08:56 PM
1       2       3              3844      
3845
       3846              4856       4857       end




FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3844      
3845
       3846              4856       4857       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password