Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3828      
       3830              4250       4251       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3829 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
The tiles underneath look like fish scales! Cool shots of a cool exhibit. A friend of mine worked on some of the animation on the film they show as you go in.

OK, here's one for you. I trust Glenn won't mind me appropriating his picture. But since we took basically the same shot from different points on the crowdline, I thought I'd see if a 3D composite might work... I reckon it does!

Gene Soucy in 3D technicolour

Works for me! Way to think outside the 'box', Jo (pun intended)...

Erich, I'm loving your Atlantis shots. So glad they decided to display her where you can see her flame-kissed underbelly.

[edit for TOPP: the ramp at the Gathering just after the three-ship mass paratrooper jump. Which I missed, because they launched us in the Lodestars as the C-47s were inbound on the jump run. Just out of frame to the left were four Stearmans and the two Grumman C-1 Traders, waiting on the runup pad. Also missing is the gaggle of T-6s, already airborne.]

Aug 04, 2013 at 10:00 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3829 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Had a little fun at Texas World Speedway today.

Aug 04, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3829 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Friday night had one of those holy crap sunsets. Running all over looking for stuff to shoot.

Canon EOS 7D    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    70mm    f/9.0    1/20s    400 ISO    -0.7 EV  

Aug 04, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3829 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Your Grand Champion Post WW II winner, another stunning restoration from Midwest Aero in Danville, IL

Canon EOS 7D    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    100mm    f/9.0    1/80s    400 ISO    -0.7 EV  

Aug 04, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Angry
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3829 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Awsome sunset n Stang tim...

Love it..

Al

Aug 04, 2013 at 11:22 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3829 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Erich, nice shots of Atlantis, can't wait till they have the display here all set up and ready to actually go inside and walk around in there. Looks like the Collings Foundation planes are making a run through Ohio this week, Dayton, then Cleavland, then Akron. I think I'm going to see if I can catch them flying in tomorrow.

Aug 05, 2013 at 01:35 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3829 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great shots Tim, didn't have that flaming sunset here.

Aug 05, 2013 at 01:36 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3829 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Congrats on the new lens, and Happy birthday Bob. Looks like the new lens is waterproof at least

bobl wrote:
Happy Birthday to me...
My wife gave me a new lens...

http://imageshack.us/a/img577/1013/kcjh.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img824/7411/yly5.jpg

Aug 05, 2013 at 01:37 AM
ELinder
• •
p.3829 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wow, love that lighting!

Thanks all. The orbiter Atlantis is very cool. The movie and presentation before is well done, and you exit it in dramatic style facing the vehicle. I've got a bunch of shots of the tiles, I'll post some. The flow patterns and wear and tear are fascinating to see. So sturdy and yet so fragile...

The shear size of it is amazing. You go see the huge Saturn V rocket they have, then see the tiny capsule that's all that's left to return. When you see how massive the orbiter is you just have to marvel at what it did and the people who made it all happen. Then I think of the politicians and how they keep screwing with our space program and I just want to cry.

Erich

Aug 05, 2013 at 02:41 AM
ELinder
• •
p.3829 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Erich, nice shots of Atlantis, can't wait till they have the display here all set up and ready to actually go inside and walk around in there. Looks like the Collings Foundation planes are making a run through Ohio this week, Dayton, then Cleavland, then Akron. I think I'm going to see if I can catch them flying in tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look at the schedule, maybe I can catch them here.

Erich

Aug 05, 2013 at 02:42 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Wrei
• • • •
p.3829 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ELinder wrote:

Then I think of the politicians and how they keep screwing with our space program and I just want to cry.

Yep, I think 47 states had companies with contracts supporting the shuttle program to keep it funded...go figure!

Aug 05, 2013 at 02:47 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3829 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wet ramp + cloudy skies = good color saturation.

Aug 05, 2013 at 03:09 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3829 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Wet ramp + cloudy skies = good color saturation.

Very, Very Nice Steve. A nice job of making the most of the conditions.

A late afternoon visitor to KSDL.

Traron Nine

Aug 05, 2013 at 03:24 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3829 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A few from Oshkosh...

Glenn

Aug 05, 2013 at 04:47 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3829 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn

Aug 05, 2013 at 04:47 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3829 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Then I think of the politicians and how they keep screwing with our space program and I just want to cry.

Wrei wrote:
ELinder wrote:
Yep, I think 47 states had companies with contracts supporting the shuttle program to keep it funded...go figure!

Two thoughts. Not all change is bad... the shuttle cost $600M per mission in operating costs, and SpaceX is now doing launches for $60M each while NASA focuses further afield. And as for the states "keeping the shuttle funded," I beg to differ: my interpretation would be more along the lines of "47 states had their hand in the shuttle program's pocket for various kinds of pork."

The same thing happens with essentially every major military program: the bidders spread out the contracts to win votes. I don't see that as a good thing, precisely because it increases the politicization of weapons systems procurement while increasing the cost of everything to the country and its taxpayers.

Aug 05, 2013 at 06:21 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3829 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Now, y'all just aren't going to believe this, but I photographed an airplane! All the way from Ketchikan, Alaska, here's my apparently-annual contribution to the "air" part of this thread.

Not ground-to-air, but not air-to-air either...

NIKON D800E    80.0-400.0 mm f/4.5-5.6 lens    400mm    f/11.0    1/100s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Aug 05, 2013 at 06:27 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3829 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Also from Ketchikan, caught this esteemed gentleman in the process of procuring dinner with his mate. Magnificent.

Go Fish

NIKON D800E    80.0-400.0 mm f/4.5-5.6 lens    400mm    f/10.0    1/1250s    800 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Aug 05, 2013 at 07:05 AM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3829 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Belated happy bday bobl like the mug shot.

Have to say that recent accidents have made me a bit fearful of the wing walker thing. However, If they are part of the show I can't not shoot them ...

Aug 05, 2013 at 10:05 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3829 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

More from Topeka.

Paratroopers away!

Doug Goss flew his newly restored Grumman C-1 Trader in the show and it's gorgeous. For such a homely airplane, that is. First flight after 11 years in the shop was just last week.

Aug 05, 2013 at 11:11 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password