Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3821      
       3823              4344       4345       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3822 #1 · p.3822 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Adams wrote:
The 747 sure is a better looking plane. The 380 just looks fat.

Agreed Tim, however, having been on both, I prefer the 380 ( inside )...seat 43 A, B or C is THE place to be on a 380...front row near the door with oodles of leg room.

About to go down & make the bookings....I think I'll actually be on a 747 coming from Aussie but a 380 on the way home..

@ Jeff, beautiful light ,....loving the Steak & Kidney ala Boeing ,....liking the Steak & Kidney ala Airbus...

OOps TOP image...OK two images

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:58 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3822 #2 · p.3822 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

On the subject of RC, Chandler was hyped up today about getting a beginner "park flyer" today. Against my better judgement, we bought a Super Cub that was supposed to be indestructible. 3/4 of a day fiddling with it, ten minutes of "flight" and it was in a $300 smoking hole. Why does one do things when one already has a very clear picture of the likely outcome?

Aug 01, 2013 at 12:49 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3822 #3 · p.3822 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Maybe because it is really hard not to become a kid again yourself when spending time with grandchildren?

Mark

Aug 01, 2013 at 12:55 AM
USM IS
• • •
p.3822 #4 · p.3822 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
On the subject of RC, Chandler was hyped up today about getting a beginner "park flyer" today. Against my better judgement, we bought a Super Cub that was supposed to be indestructible. 3/4 of a day fiddling with it, ten minutes of "flight" and it was in a $300 smoking hole. Why does one do things when one already has a very clear picture of the likely outcome?

Just gift him the software simulator, then when he gets good, get the real deal. One of the few instances I have found where software for learning pays for itself VERY quickly, IMHO

Mike

Aug 01, 2013 at 01:10 AM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.3822 #5 · p.3822 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Absolutely - an RC flight simulator. I wish they'd have existed when I learned 29 years ago. I'm in the throes of considering getting an electric Super Sportster...

Aug 01, 2013 at 01:43 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3822 #6 · p.3822 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Loving the conversations, even though I've not been able to shoot many planes, what with the final week of summer semester coming up... Two courses complete, an A in one, and a B in the other, 3 more classes to finish up next week, and getting ready to breath a big sigh of relief for all of a week to recuperate from surgery on the 9th.

Nothing major, just having permanent tubes installed this time around.

If I didn't have plans for tomorrow after school (pre-op work), I'd go to the museum and check this out:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/ap/ap/military/veterans-of-wwii-raid-holding-70th-reunion-in-ohio/nY7f9/

Aug 01, 2013 at 01:46 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3822 #7 · p.3822 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:

It reminds me of a saying that, though meant for a different subject entirely, seems to fit this as well. "Like a moth to a flame" Also don't think of the $300 hole, if you had quality time with the kiddos, that is what counts.

Aug 01, 2013 at 04:18 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3822 #8 · p.3822 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:

Because its the perogative of a grandpa to spoil his grandson....

then send him home to his parents....lol

Al

Aug 01, 2013 at 05:40 AM
nrferguson
• • •
p.3822 #9 · p.3822 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Leo Hursh wrote:
Zim, that's a nice turbine blade abstract at the top of the page sir.

Love it, and now I can stop wondering what it is!!
Niall

Aug 01, 2013 at 07:04 AM
nrferguson
• • •
p.3822 #10 · p.3822 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Plan your lodging now, as in right this very minute. Things usually fill up 6-8 months in advance (sometimes 10-11 months for summer reservations), and you'll probably find little-to-nothing available. Some of the places around the parks are dumps beyond belief: for example, stay the hell away from the "Yosemite View Lodge" based on my (shudder) personal experience, and don't ask for details... you don't want to know.

Plan out your driving times, too... those are long distances and the travel times quoted by Google Maps or Yahoo maps will seem very long to you, as though you could
...Show more

Agreed, Yosemite View Lodge is pretty awful (based on personal experience) it's just a dormitory really and the restaurant is dire (but experience says restaurants within parks aren't much better (with the posssible exception of Grand Tovar in Grand Canyon - Wuksachi Lodge restaurant in Sequoia was truly terrible food and service but a great location). However, Yosemite View Lodge IS very very convenient for the Valley and tthere aren't many other places to stay.
Niall

Tunnel View

Half Dome from Glacier Point

Aug 01, 2013 at 07:20 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3822 #11 · p.3822 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nrferguson wrote:
Love it, and now I can stop wondering what it is!!
Niall

Thanks!

It's an overhead view of the Vestas wind turbine factory's shipping yard, Niall.

Aug 01, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Angry
• • •
p.3822 #12 · p.3822 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
Thanks guys about to pull the trigger tomorrow on the exact trip details n flights etc..

Got a couple of fun days planned in Charlotte attending the Goodguys nationals & visiting a few racecar shops...

LA for 2 days then Yosemite road trip for 3 days then Las Vegas & SEMA for 6 days.

Of course the best part will be MA2A get together & Alliance. Cant wait to finally meet up...B25 Flight will be a bucket list thing for me,...you guys can get one anytime, ...we dont have any downunder. Pixels will be harvested.

Passport...check Check
Visa.........Check Done
Flights......Check done
Accomodation ...nearly check
Camera gear ....check

Be prepared
...Show more

Aug 01, 2013 at 01:55 PM
Angry
• • •
p.3822 #13 · p.3822 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Got a few responses about Yosemite's terrible accommodation .....
Seems they have you for ransom there...If it weren't for the view the general agreement is no-one would go there..
Healthy competition is a good thing

Aug 01, 2013 at 01:59 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3822 #14 · p.3822 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Be prepared for some Aussie surprises..

Al

Having enjoyed the antics by our northern neighbors (Royal Canadian Air Force Pilots) I would not be shocked by any Aussie surprises!

Another story. William Tell weapons meet at Tyndall AFB. The Canadians land, park their jets, then as they egress their cockpits, they are wearing tuxedoes with bare feet. (I was told the base commander wanted to send them home until he was reminded they were guest, not USAF.) They stayed and provided much entertainment...as usual.

Aug 01, 2013 at 02:04 PM
Angry
• • •
p.3822 #15 · p.3822 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We Australians may be considered by the English as,....slightly informal,...
But no shoes ??,...never !

Aug 01, 2013 at 02:22 PM
MustangsX2
• •
p.3822 #16 · p.3822 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice images of Yosemite Niall.
Been there many times as it was only 3.5 hr drive from my home for 25+ years.

The tallest point at the end of the tunnel image is Clouds Rest. It can also be seen to the right Half Dome in the image from Glacier Point. If you ever want a challenging day hike with spectacular views of ALL of Yosemite, that is the place to go. You can look down on Half Dome from there. Like Half Dome, you must obey the weather when thinking about going up there as the top is extremely narrow and the falls are fatal. My 11 yr old son and I did the hike one day, about 15 miles round trip from Tenaya Lake and moderate vertical. It is very tough, unless acclimated to 8k feet, but rewarding.

I have some point-n-shoot shots from the top somewhere in my archives.

I almost always either did day trips or backpacked in and stayed a few nights. I stayed once in the drive-in camp sites and did not like it. The beauty that can be seen by car only gets better when you put on your hiking boots and backpack and start walking.

Curtis

Aug 01, 2013 at 03:25 PM
nrferguson
• • •
p.3822 #17 · p.3822 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Only been there once - too many other places to go, my wife says, but I'd love to go back - Yellowstone and Grand Teton next year though - difficult place to get to from the UK as no direct flights to Jackson Hole. I'd like to do Monterey & Big Sur again too, as we didn't have long enough, just one day for each!
Niall

Aug 01, 2013 at 03:55 PM
tom cardin
• • •
p.3822 #18 · p.3822 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sorry to hear about your RC experience, JW, They are right, about the simulator. The savings on trashed planes will way more than pay for the program. You can even fly in the rain.
Tom

Aug 01, 2013 at 05:14 PM
chas
• • •
p.3822 #19 · p.3822 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just getting to some of the other Geneseo Warbird shots. The only flying Avro Lancaster in North America.

Aug 01, 2013 at 05:38 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3822 #20 · p.3822 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Chas, the grass strips really adds to the photo!

Aug 01, 2013 at 06:02 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password