Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3819      
       3821              4375       4376       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3820 #1 · p.3820 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Thanks Mark! JR and I were emailing paint schemes back and forth late last night and discussing where it should be finished out. If we do it here we'll have more control, and they don't install wi-fi at the factory, and Zim is close , we've decided to have it finished out in Colorado. We can fly it to Europe after it's done.

Ooh, I'll have to start thinking about locations and looking for the right photo platform. The Remos just won't cut it.

PC-12 completion is done at KBJC, yes? That's about six miles over my shoulder as I write this.

[edit for TOPP]

Jul 30, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3820 #2 · p.3820 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
That's why they invented Photoshop.

Nicely captured, Jeff. Don't you just love the EF 14mm? By the way, is that the Moon, or a dust spot on your sensor?

Thanks Niall and Steve.

It is the moon. I contemplated cloning it out of the photo to avoid any confusion, but decided to leave it in - for now

For an Arizona boy that has endured the "dry heat" when shooting aviation images, I become a kid in a candy store when I get a chance to photograph some serious vapor like you often get early morning at LAX. So to beat a dead horse, here is another vapor image. BTW, if you think an A380 produces vapor trails, it appears an MD-11 can crush air with the best of them

Jul 30, 2013 at 01:54 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3820 #3 · p.3820 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The 2014 Stationaire, exhibited at Air Venture as we speak. And, conclusive proof that Stevie Wonder heads up Cessna's paint scheme design team. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse....................

Jul 30, 2013 at 02:20 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3820 #4 · p.3820 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And how about those nice black wings to expand your fuel and dump it overboard on a warm day? What in the world are they thinking? 164 knot, probably optimistic, cruise and big doors that come off. Never have needed six seats. Just looking at all the options before we pull the trigger on a Cessna.

Jul 30, 2013 at 02:24 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3820 #5 · p.3820 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Thanks Niall and Steve.

It is the moon. I contemplated cloning it out of the photo to avoid any confusion, but decided to leave it in - for now

For an Arizona boy that has endured the "dry heat" when shooting aviation images, I become a kid in a candy store when I get a chance to photograph some serious vapor like you often get early morning at LAX. So to beat a dead horse, here is another vapor image. BTW, if you think an A380 produces vapor trails, it appears an MD-11 can crush air with the best
...Show more

Print it! Large!

Jul 30, 2013 at 02:59 PM
mrkyle
• • •
p.3820 #6 · p.3820 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian wrote:
A little evening skyline action here under another perfect Texas sky.

Wow and Wow. That is a great image, I'll bet the bigger it is the better it looks.

Jul 30, 2013 at 05:10 PM
tom cardin
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3820 #7 · p.3820 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Gee whizz, JW, The first thing that came to mind on the Black winged bird, was how hot could those wings get. Warning, don't touch in the Summer.

Tom

Jul 30, 2013 at 05:28 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3820 #8 · p.3820 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Exactly Tom! Aside from being just dog ugly, those black wings would melt down here in the summer. Cessna's lack of design sense is exactly why our new bird's factory scheme will be met with a bucket of stripper shortly after delivery. You just couldn't fly the ugly off of that Stationair, ever. The Skylane schemes aren't horribly offensive, but they aren't great either. The interiors are a joke, plastic everywhere. We'll fix that as well.

Jul 30, 2013 at 06:14 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3820 #9 · p.3820 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zim, when all this comes down, we'll provide you with an appropriate platform......if ya know what I mean.

Jul 30, 2013 at 06:16 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3820 #10 · p.3820 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Zim, when all this comes down, we'll provide you with an appropriate platform......if ya know what I mean.

Cue Jim's best mobster impersonation: "I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse."

Jul 30, 2013 at 07:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

nickjohnson
• • •
p.3820 #11 · p.3820 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
I would pay good money to see it.

Well Steve .. I have the T, helped make the video, and got implicated in the book. Trust me no amount of money would suffice.

In other news, Sir Donald occasionally puts me out on loan, so this Saturday I found myself at the Scottish National Air Show @East Fortune. A very good day out I was doing Butler Services for two of our Camera Club lady members. Ice cream was consumed and photons where harvested.

Jul 30, 2013 at 08:20 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3820 #12 · p.3820 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Print it! Large!

+1

.err Jeff, what was the name of that plug-in you used you know the one that does all the de-cloaking for you?

Jul 30, 2013 at 08:27 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3820 #13 · p.3820 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zim, that's a nice turbine blade abstract at the top of the page sir.

Jul 30, 2013 at 08:51 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3820 #14 · p.3820 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff, both of the vapor shots are outstanding! Well done!

Jul 30, 2013 at 08:52 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3820 #15 · p.3820 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nick, love the vapor and burner shot!

Jul 30, 2013 at 08:53 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3820 #16 · p.3820 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Leo Hursh wrote:
Nick, love the vapor and burner shot!

Thank You Sir.

Jul 30, 2013 at 09:10 PM
Angry
• • •
p.3820 #17 · p.3820 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

More on the big trip,...its coming together..

On the LA leg ,..I have a friend who has just come back from LA/SanFran/Yoseite/Vegas . He has told me that I am mad to fly fomr LA to Vegas, & that I should definately drive from LA to Yosemite & spend at least a day there then driive through to Vegas..

Has anyone done that part of the country ?? any tips ??,

I'm thinking it might be a day to unwind behind the wheel of a Mustang & grab some nice landscape images..

Al

Jul 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.3820 #18 · p.3820 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Minimum of three days: Most of one to drive from LA to Yosemite; one to wake up, be, and go to sleep at Yosemite; and most of another one to drive from Yosemite to Lost Wages.

Jul 30, 2013 at 10:57 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3820 #19 · p.3820 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Cue Jim's best mobster impersonation: "I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse."

yeah, cuz I know a guy.................

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3820 #20 · p.3820 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Al,
you would be crazy not to spend a day in Yosemite - it is truly beautiful. And while you're at it, stop by Sequoia National Park, or at least make a point of seeing the Sequoias in Yosemite. Truly majestic trees.

And yeah, your friend is right

Gero

Jul 31, 2013 at 01:29 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password