Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3817      
       3819              4135       4136       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3818 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Stopped by my eye Dr. this morning for an annual exam. I have been noticing that my right eye (shooting eye) is slightly less sharp than my left. I'm very sensitive to that type of thing as you might expect. My mother had terrible macular degeneration and though everyone, including her doctor, told her at the outset that she needed to knock off the two packs a day because smoking starves the optic nerve of oxygen, she thought that was nonsense and preferred to go blind instead.

My guy is an avid, and very good, amateur photographer. I feel sorry for the people who come in after me because they are sitting in waiting rooms while we discuss all manner of cool imagery. Oh well. Anyway, he ran me through all the diagnostics, laughed and said, "you are correct, your vision has deteriorated to the point that you are only seeing 20/20 through your right eye!" My left is better than that. His suggestion was that I do nothing about it except be very thankful that at 64 I see 20/20 at the worst. I told him that I begin and end every day with prayer, at at the end of those I just say "Thanks God, thanks a lot!", so I think I'm covered.

Jul 29, 2013 at 07:41 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3818 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice one bobl

Jul 29, 2013 at 07:45 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3818 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Chris, those are some great shots of the Pitts and Yak.

Jul 29, 2013 at 07:48 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3818 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, the floatplane images are wonderful!

Jul 29, 2013 at 07:55 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3818 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's good news Jim.

Jul 29, 2013 at 07:56 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3818 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Stopped by my eye Dr. this morning for an annual exam. I have been noticing that my right eye (shooting eye) is slightly less sharp than my left. I'm very sensitive to that type of thing as you might expect. My mother had terrible macular degeneration and though everyone, including her doctor, told her at the outset that she needed to knock off the two packs a day because smoking starves the optic nerve of oxygen, she thought that was nonsense and preferred to go blind instead.

My guy is an avid, and very good, amateur photographer. I feel sorry for
...Show more

Your very fortunate Jim. I've been using “windows” since I was 11 – they are a total pain in the proverbial. I tried contacts but I don't make enough tear apparently so they always end up making me feel like I have sand in both eyes.
So here I am one year your junior and I (just about) have 20/20 at best. But only if I use a pair of Mr Zeiss finest, and the light is good, and there's no rain, and ….. Oh, and to anyone reading this who uses specs – do not try Zeiss lenses. I made that mistake in 1973 and I've been feeding that habit every 18 months to 2 years ever since. Oh well.

Jul 29, 2013 at 08:07 PM
bobl
• • • •
p.3818 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great news, Jim!!!

I'm corrected to 20/20... that's from about 20/400. I'm glad I can see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 29, 2013 at 08:16 PM
bobl
• • • •
p.3818 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Group!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the little prank... I just LOVE pullin' legs!!!!!!!

Jul 29, 2013 at 08:17 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3818 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

2-up Solo Run...

Jul 29, 2013 at 08:20 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3818 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sunday Driver...

Jul 29, 2013 at 08:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3818 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

F-Bodies...

Jul 29, 2013 at 08:23 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3818 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

@bobl: Phbbbbffft!

You had us going...

Jul 29, 2013 at 08:44 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3818 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Way to go Leo! Have you been trading tricks with Jan Arie? The two of you can shoot those ground bound vehicles and make them beautiful!!

Jul 29, 2013 at 09:23 PM
Zane Adams
• •
p.3818 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti wrote:
Zane, here is an old post of mine to the Sports forum (2008) where I was looking for help with this issue. As everyone has said, it's the changing angles and distances at various points on the car.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/669380/0

Mark

Sorry it's taken so long to respond. ..I was out of touch for a couple of days.

Thanks to all for the info. I suspected the angle of the dangle was the culprit.

I tried hard to shoot the center of the car, so...I guess I done good!

It was certainly fun to shoot.

Zane

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM
JamesG
• •
p.3818 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi guys,

Slowly plodding through my shots from the last couple of weeks. Decided to have an extended break from work and took my Dad to Legends for a couple of days, then 4 days in Normandy for the D-Day beaches etc followed by 4 days at RIAT. It was his 79th birthday during the break and as my better half decided the trip wasn't for her, it was lads only trip and provided a great chance for us to catch up over a few beers as well as enjoy all the sights.

Quick one from the Saturday @ RIAT:

Cheers

James

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Angry
• • •
p.3818 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

bobl wrote:
Hi Group!!!

My announcement was indeed a spoof!! You see, Meg & I are approaching 70, we have 7 kids and 12 grands. However, we are indeed expecting... Santa Claus in about 5 and a half months. Gotcha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAZINGA !!!

Thats naughty.....

Think we gotta start adding faces to names....ROFL

Al

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3818 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nickjohnson wrote:
Your very fortunate Jim. I've been using “windows” since I was 11 – they are a total pain in the proverbial. I tried contacts but I don't make enough tear apparently so they always end up making me feel like I have sand in both eyes.
So here I am one year your junior and I (just about) have 20/20 at best. But only if I use a pair of Mr Zeiss finest, and the light is good, and there's no rain, and ….. Oh, and to anyone reading this who uses specs – do not try Zeiss lenses.
...Show more

Until you've had Gasses yu dont know what a pain rain is....

I had eyes like a hawk, untill I went to work for a Bank in 1988, we have those terrible old Phosperous green tiny 8" laptop screens,....I still think thats what done my eyes in...

natures incredible , the human eye works so well,......you kninda take it for granted untill you get glasses,..now i got glasses for reading n inside, prescriptions Sunnies (with readers) for outside....I cant tie a lure on when im in the boat fishin with the Sunnies with readers....

Look after them peepers,....
@Jim, if you "only" get back to 20/20 then you are truly blessed....

Al

Al

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.3818 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hehe, wait until you hit 75

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •