Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3809      
       3811              4251       4252       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3810 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nickjohnson wrote:
I got one other nice shot @Yeovilton. This is it.

Wow, Nick! Nice just doesn't cover it...

Jul 24, 2013 at 01:34 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3810 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice work

Edited on Jul 26, 2013 at 03:11 AM · View previous versions

Jul 24, 2013 at 01:53 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3810 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Headed over to Sulphur Springs to spec out a couple of new Legend Cubs. Seems like one should be on amphibs

Jul 24, 2013 at 01:54 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3810 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

More lemonade: a little later in the flight, there was a single, 30-second burst of sunlight on the downtown high-rises.

Edited on Jul 26, 2013 at 02:51 AM · View previous versions

Jul 24, 2013 at 02:26 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3810 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Headed over to Sulphur Springs to spec out a couple of new Legend Cubs. Seems like one should be on amphibs

Jim, at this rate, pretty soon you're going to have to hire someone just to keep your fleet of aerial flivvers exercised and ready for you. Or just invite few of your aviation-minded friends to stop by...any volunteers?

Jul 24, 2013 at 02:30 PM
bobl
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3810 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ah Steve...
Great shots on my ole stompin' grounds. The Queen City of the Plains used to be a nice town an' now it's just another big city. However, it still holds a soft spot in my remembryer. Thanks!!!

Jul 24, 2013 at 03:39 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3810 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Wow, Nick! Nice just doesn't cover it...

Thank You Sir.
It is a little intimidating around here what with the bar being so high. Still it beats the mediocrity we all have to put up with just about everywhere else.

Jul 24, 2013 at 05:03 PM
nrferguson
• • •
p.3810 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Through a contact i have got a series of photos of the aftermath of the Asiana crash at San Francisco Ther are over 30 in total which I can send as a pdf to anyone interested offline but here is a taster - to my mind the miracle is that anyone survived!
Niall

Jul 24, 2013 at 05:32 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3810 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

WOW-!

Jul 24, 2013 at 07:08 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3810 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I don't think that will buff out...

Jul 24, 2013 at 07:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3810 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Havent seen an Oshkosh rollcall yet - who is going?

Nadya, Jo and I are arriving Sat and departing Thursday.

Glenn

Jul 24, 2013 at 07:32 PM
nrferguson
• • •
p.3810 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

On a totally different note: I was at a course in the City of York last week and took the opportunity to visit the National Railway Museum where, for a short period, there are the remaining six A4 class 4-6-2 Pacific locomotives. Brought together for the 75th anniversary of Mallard's still unbeaten world steam locomotive speed record of 125.88 mph (202.58 km/h). , it involved bringing Dwight D Eisenhower from Wisconsin and Dominion of Canada from Montreal. They will be returning across the Atlantic in March 2014!
Niall

All six together with the NRM busier than I've ever seen it!

By two days later three had gone, leaving Dwight D Eisenhower, Mallard, & Dominion of Canada from left to right.

Jul 24, 2013 at 08:21 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3810 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zim, those images are beautiful! Seems 30 seconds is plenty for the right shooter

Jul 24, 2013 at 08:53 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3810 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The flying opportunities around HQ are certainly growing exponentially. As always, it was a treat to spend the day with our buddy Darin at Legend. There were a dozen Legends coming to life in the shop and our meeting boosted that a bit.

JR wants a Legend duplicate of his NE-1 for starters, and a Super Legend on Whipline amphibs is in the offing. We'll be headed to Central Florida to spend a weekend getting our seaplane ratings in the early fall. Fortunately all the flying activity will be increasing at the exact time other responsibilities will be winding down, which sounds like a wonderful plan to me.

Jul 24, 2013 at 09:42 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3810 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
The flying opportunities around HQ are certainly growing exponentially. As always, it was a treat to spend the day with our buddy Darin at Legend. There were a dozen Legends coming to life in the shop and our meeting boosted that a bit.

JR wants a Legend duplicate of his NE-1 for starters, and a Super Legend on Whipline amphibs is in the offing. We'll be headed to Central Florida to spend a weekend getting our seaplane ratings in the early fall. Fortunately all the flying activity will be increasing at the exact time other responsibilities will be winding down, which
...Show more

Going down to Brown's for a little floatplane fun, Jim? On the same airfield, CFI Richard Johnson has an Air Cam on amphibious floats; might as well knock out the AMES rating while you're there. One of the Browns gave me my checkride in the Air Cam, which makes me that rare bird holding the AMES certificate, but not the ASES.

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3810 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We are going to a place north of Orlando run by two SW pilots. They are using Legends, which I'd prefer to just an old Super Cub. It's closer to our lake down there too so we can stay at the lake house and use the lake for our training. The guys are in Leesburg and our place is on Lake Weir, so not a big hop and there looks to be lots of water in between.

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3810 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Stereo pairs, for those who can benefit from them.

Stereo-X pairs for cross-eyed viewing.

Edited on Jul 26, 2013 at 02:46 AM · View previous versions

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3810 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nrferguson wrote:
On a totally different note: I was at a course in the City of York last week and took the opportunity to visit the National Railway Museum where, for a short period, there are the remaining six A4 class 4-6-2 Pacific locomotives. Brought together for the 75th anniversary of Mallard's still unbeaten world steam locomotive speed record of 125.88 mph (202.58 km/h). , it involved bringing Dwight D Eisenhower from Wisconsin and Dominion of Canada from Montreal. They will be returning across the Atlantic in March 2014!
Niall

Wow, what a wonderful gathering of the legends of a bygone era. I can't imagine what it cost to ship a steam locomotive across the Atlantic, let alone two steam locomotives, let alone shipping them both back again. Hats off to the organizers...

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3810 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No kidding! That must have been a sight worth seeing.

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Angry
• • •
p.3810 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
More lemonade: a little later in the flight, there was a single, 30-second burst of sunlight on the downtown high-rises.

Beautiful light Steve....
You just gotta love it when those dull dreary grey clouds part and...Bingo !!.....that beautiful golden light comes beaming through.......
Just dont stand there admiring it too long ....because its nearly already gone...

Al

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password