Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3806      
       3808              4307       4308       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3807 #1 · p.3807 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

This is just about the point where Glenn said all reason reason departs and 900 gallons an hour seems perfectly reasonable.......................

Jul 23, 2013 at 04:23 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3807 #2 · p.3807 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

What I wouldn't have given for one of those performers to race across that sun...............

Jul 23, 2013 at 04:44 AM
david russell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3807 #3 · p.3807 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

While Steve and Anya were taking pictures of the 2-32, we were taking pictures in the 2-32......

Edited on Jul 23, 2013 at 09:41 AM · View previous versions

Jul 23, 2013 at 04:45 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3807 #4 · p.3807 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yes Jim. I remember our guys taking off in F-4's with 15,000 lbs of JP4 with a clean bird (no drop tanks) and returning after .7 hours with a big smile on their face and about 3,000 to 4000 lbs left.

Jul 23, 2013 at 04:46 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3807 #5 · p.3807 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ELinder wrote:
People are already booking hotels and rental cars for Alliance? Guess I better get to it also.

Loving what my D4 helps me do. I'm finding it good at things besides airshows, although they fly too.

Erich

Its just me Eric, got a big trip planned, I gotta start getting organised, nearly 3 weeks in the States, lots to organise, plus im on my own for a lot of it...
Just paranoid about ticking the boxes...

note to self about Charlotte accomadation..

Al

Jul 23, 2013 at 05:08 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3807 #6 · p.3807 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A toned black and white conversion of a previous image - http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/600984/3800#11693687.

I prefer this version as I feel it presents a more dramatic quality. C&C welcome.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    150mm    f/11.0    1/1250s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 23, 2013 at 05:12 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3807 #7 · p.3807 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No biggie Al, just think of it a a "walkabout" Looking forward to spending some time with you.

Jul 23, 2013 at 05:13 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3807 #8 · p.3807 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
A toned black and white conversion of a previous image - http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/600984/3800#11693687.

I prefer this version as I feel it presents a more dramatic quality. C&C welcome.

Wow Jeff.
I can feel another Limited editon Jeff W print comin on...

Al

Jul 23, 2013 at 05:20 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3807 #9 · p.3807 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
I'd like to welcome a budding talent to the list by publishing her first air-to-air, this shot of papa Rodolfo flying with fellow-MA2Aer David Russell in the 2-32 over the foothills west of Boulder, at 12,500'.

Anya and I chased Rodolfo and David in the Remos (with the doors off, of course!) and tucked into a thermal outside and above them, at 12,500'. I handed Anya my D-800 and with two sentences of instruction, this is what she squeezed off.

Everyone, please welcome Anya Paiz.

Anya's been beside herself -- literally in tears and trembling -- for the last 10 minutes since we saw this image. We've all been there in that place where she is now: joy, satisfaction, pride, achievement, amazement, wonder, and even a little "you mean I did that?" disbelief. And while I can't seem to locate an emoticon for "proud papa" or for "jumping up and down", I'm right there on Cloud Nine with her. My little girl is definitely growing up.

This image, and this transcendental moment in Anya's life, were made possible by the amazing kindness and generosity of both David Russell and Steve Zimmerman. David invited us all to go glider flying, organized everything, and took us all up for unforgettable gliding experiences with incredible patience and caring... despite already having flown three other flights earlier in the day. And Steve flew the Remos over to Boulder just to offer the kids another ride to make their day more fun.

I'm deeply grateful to both, and (for the umpteenth time) proud to call them friends. They don't make 'em any better than that, folks.

Jul 23, 2013 at 05:21 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3807 #10 · p.3807 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Im really lookin forward to comin over and meeting up putting faces to names.

Seeing some of you guys actually shoot images will be a plus...

Gotta remember to bring a few Aussie souveneers with me...

The trip after Alliance to Charlotte will be one big petrol head carfest,...so i imagine Ill be too excited to worry about much else. Ive already been invited to go to Moroseville in NC to check out detriot Speed & Engineering ,...perveyors of Camaro equipement so that'll be fun.
Going to LA on my own ,...well that'll be different a few days to burn there.

Then heading to Vegas for SEMA a mate of mine form here will meet me there so that'll be company...

Then its just the long flight home....

More excited than a dog with two tails..

Al

Jul 23, 2013 at 05:25 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3807 #11 · p.3807 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
Do the rent a cars like Mustang/Camaro have built in GPS over there ??

I found Waze (a navigation app, just bought by Google for $1.6 billion) very recently, but I'm using it more and more. On this trip to Colorado, my phone (Galaxy S4) has done all the navigation with Waze and I'm thrilled with it. Waze has both Android and iOS versions, and a prepaid plan with voice and data from AT&T costs $2/day.

I'd say that's your best option. If you can, get the prepaid SIM and a windshield mount shipped to you ahead of time so you have it when you leave the airport. I'll be happy to help you with that if you'd like.

Jul 23, 2013 at 05:29 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3807 #12 · p.3807 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
I know, I know! Pick me!

I have solved that particular dilemma before, Jim. What you have to do is buy an Airport Express and cable its analog output to the a/v receiver's input. On your iDevice, select AirPlay and connect wirelessly to the Airport Express, and Bob's your uncle.

Thanks again Zim! I'll head to Apple in the am and set that up. FYI, I took the definitive Technology speakers back. Hooked them to the Onkyo in the hangar (there's one in one of my cabinets too) and while they sounded 'fine", they didn't pass muster. They are going back and I'm going to stop by my HTD source who fixed me up with my home theatre gear for HQ. My guess is I'll buy a couple of really nice bookshelf speakers from him and the hangar atmosphere will do what it will do to them over the years, then I'll replace them. I hooked up a set of Bose speakers that I gave JR in law school, and they blew the DT speakers away. The Bose have been sitting in my hangars for ten years, so I guess the new bookshelf speakers will last me a while.

My litmus test is my Buddy JD playing "This Old Guitar". If that brings a tear to my eye, the system stays.

Jul 23, 2013 at 05:57 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3807 #13 · p.3807 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bravo to our Colorado contingent.

Looking forward to stopping in otw home from Osh.

Jul 23, 2013 at 06:05 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3807 #14 · p.3807 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear Rodolfo,

So glad you all had such a great time together. As JB said, "Bravo"! Y'all are wonderful!

Jul 23, 2013 at 06:10 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3807 #15 · p.3807 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ok, 1:10..... nighty night

Jul 23, 2013 at 06:11 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3807 #16 · p.3807 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Erich, yup. There was an antique car show that weekend, too. Parking lot was full of them when I got up in the morning, only have some not so great iPhone photos of a few...

Just looked, and I had booked the hotel on the 9th of July

ELinder wrote:
People are already booking hotels and rental cars for Alliance? Guess I better get to it also.

Loving what my D4 helps me do. I'm finding it good at things besides airshows, although they fly too.

Erich

Jul 23, 2013 at 08:53 AM
JDE1

p.3807 #17 · p.3807 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"Pair of Sixes"

This one is art.

Jul 23, 2013 at 09:26 AM
JDE1

p.3807 #18 · p.3807 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
I found Waze (a navigation app, just bought by Google for $1.6 billion) very recently, but I'm using it more and more. On this trip to Colorado, my phone (Galaxy S4) has done all the navigation with Waze and I'm thrilled with it. Waze has both Android and iOS versions, and a prepaid plan with voice and data from AT&T costs $2/day.

I'd say that's your best option. If you can, get the prepaid SIM and a windshield mount shipped to you ahead of time so you have it when you leave the airport. I'll be happy to help you
...Show more

I've ditched my stand-alone GPS for Waze. The real-time info on accidents, etc. from other "Wazers" and its great search capabilities make it a standout. And you can't beat the price.

Jul 23, 2013 at 09:35 AM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3807 #19 · p.3807 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
A toned black and white conversion of a previous image -

No kidding! Awesome cloudscape. I prefer this one too, it rocks.

Sounds like the Colorado Contingent all had a great time :-) Nice work, Anya!

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3807 #20 · p.3807 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff,
That BW conversion is spectacular!!! Well done.

Gero

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password