Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3801      
       3803              4133       4134       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3802 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Got to hang my feet out the side of the Remos today for an unusual A2A. The Bücker Jungmann is local, flown by a proper Dutchman. The RV-8 came through here yesterday and the Bücker's owner called me up to arrange a shoot early this morning. The RV-8 is wearing the livery of the Royal Netherlands Air Force training squadron and is owned by a USAF special ops pilot home from a deployment.

Pretty good looking pair, though it wasn't easy to get the RV-8 slow enough and flog the Bücker fast enough to stay in formation.

These look almost like paintings, well done friend!

Edit Topp

Edited on Jul 21, 2013 at 11:13 PM · View previous versions

Jul 21, 2013 at 08:30 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3802 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

TYVM, all. I enjoyed this A2A a lot, particularly since the two planes made such an unusual and interesting two-ship. I've known Doedo and his wife, Gail, for a number of years; she piloted the Remos yesterday while Doedo flew on us in the Bücker. This was the first time I've flown in the Remos with my legs hanging out the door. It worked fine for photography, but I lost a couple of things out of my shirt pocket (with the flap buttoned!) as well as an extra T-shirt that I was using to pad the door frame so my legs wouldn't go to sleep. I'll have to re-think that aspect of things; luckily no harm was done. Next time I'll ask my pilot to slow down (we were at full throttle for much of the formation work) before I try to haul my legs back inside the cockpit, though: my knee ligaments were at full stretch from the side loads.

Jul 21, 2013 at 08:47 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3802 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

gerov wrote:
We had a bit of weather coming through, so I set my 5DmkII and 24-105 on a tripod and set the camera at 15" @ f/8 on an intervalometer set at 17 seconds. This was the prize for my efforts

Wow gerov, wow. Awesome display of nature

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:04 PM
ImperfectSense

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3802 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Beautiful photos of 'Grumpy' on the ramp at Dayton NightOwl Cat! Would you mind allowing HFF to use those? We always seem to be too busy at events to capture the adoring crowds that airplane draws ;D

-Liz

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3802 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian wrote:
It's a never ending job, but the right direction is always a good thing. It's been 2 years since my mom passed, and I am only just now getting some things around the house pointed in the direction they once were. It takes time, but we all get there in time in our own way. God tends to sort the rest out

Right you are Brian. Sorry about the loss of your Mom.

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:15 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3802 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I have spent the afternoon wedged behind the av console and the wall at HQ, and still have no sound from the two new speakers outside. I am at that juncture where wise men walk away from the task for the evening, before something gets hurt! I should have know that I was in for trouble when I opened the boxes and discovered that Best Buy thought it would be nice to have a black speaker and a white speaker.Two hours later I had that sorted out grrrrr.

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3802 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The way it used to be. Straight axles, nose up in the air.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    200mm    f/14.0    1/125s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3802 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Or the vintage look.

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3802 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
TYVM, all. I enjoyed this A2A a lot, particularly since the two planes made such an unusual and interesting two-ship. I've known Doedo and his wife, Gail, for a number of years; she piloted the Remos yesterday while Doedo flew on us in the Bücker. This was the first time I've flown in the Remos with my legs hanging out the door. It worked fine for photography, but I lost a couple of things out of my shirt pocket (with the flap buttoned!) as well as an extra T-shirt that I was using to pad the door frame so my
...Show more

Steve anytime you want the left Seat , & are l;ooking for a volunteer to "hang legs out the side "....let me know ...

Al

Jul 22, 2013 at 01:27 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3802 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Luv the Willys Tim....

On m,y trip to the States guys I need a pointer as to which airlines to avaoid travelling on.

I wil be flying from Dallas to Charlotte the days after Alliance then form charlotte across to LA, then down to Vegas for SEMA.

Do you guys favour any particular chain of Hotels or just find a good one when you arrive ??

Any tips

Al

Jul 22, 2013 at 01:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Angry
• • •
p.3802 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ill post an image tonight , but cant help myself ,
Ive just bought a piece of American history....

After lots of looking Ive managed to buy myself a 1969 CHev Camaro Z28...in hugger orange,....bit of tinkering with a few klittle items....What a Sunday car...

Al

Jul 22, 2013 at 01:33 AM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.3802 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Heres the remains of a T-33, found in a metal scrap yard in Tempe , AZ. Guess he missed Willy, flew past Falcon Field, and fell short of Phoenix Sky Harbor. The other smash landing appeared in Apache Junction. I had lunch today with an US Air, 757 pilot. He said the pilot in the recent air crash at KSFO, had 30/35 hours in the aircraft, and it was his first time to that airport. He said the co-pilot, an instructor pilot had about 3000 to 3500 hours in that aircraft. Makes one wonder?
Harry Palmer

Scrapped , T-33

Jul 22, 2013 at 03:24 AM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.3802 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sorry, heres the other.

Smash landin

Jul 22, 2013 at 03:26 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3802 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
Steve anytime you want the left Seat , & are l;ooking for a volunteer to "hang legs out the side "....let me know ...

Al

HQ Thursday, Al. 'Nuf said?

BTW, the owner of the Bücker Jungmann I photographed yesterday sent me a link to a piece of film from 1938, when the Dutch equivalent of the Army Air Force participated in a flying meet and aerobatics competition in the Dutch town of Eelde. He recreated the paint scheme of Jungmann LVA 75, as seen in the video; there are no records of what happened to that particular aircraft.

http://bit.ly/135Ysnd

Jul 22, 2013 at 03:28 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3802 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
We had a regulation monsoon storm hit the metro-Phoenix area this afternoon/evening. Here is what was facing commercial pilots departing KPHX.

Very nice, well done. Its always a better day when one can say, I'm glad its your leg...

Lynn

Jul 22, 2013 at 03:42 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3802 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
Luv the Willys Tim....

On m,y trip to the States guys I need a pointer as to which airlines to avaoid travelling on.

I wil be flying from Dallas to Charlotte the days after Alliance then form charlotte across to LA, then down to Vegas for SEMA.

Do you guys favour any particular chain of Hotels or just find a good one when you arrive ??

Any tips

Al

I fly United most of the time, but it's not an airline I'd recommend: we have little choice here in Denver, where United has about 70 percent of all departures.

Try hotels.com for hotel bookings and TripAdvisor.com for reliable customer reviews. Mid-market hotel chains I can recommend include Hilton Garden Inn, Marriott Courtyard, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Crowne Plaza. Somewhat down the food chain are Holiday Inn Express, Travelodge, Motel 6, Super 8, Microtel, and Best Western.

Consumer Reports published a Buying Guide for hotel rooms last summer; Microtel was their highest-rated budget hotel chain; EconoLodge and America's Best Value Inn were the worst.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/hotel-rooms/buying-guide.htm

The press release that goes with it also has some useful info.

http://bit.ly/118FzCr

Airline advice:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/airline-travel/buying-guide.htm

Jul 22, 2013 at 04:00 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3802 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
Ill post an image tonight , but cant help myself ,
Ive just bought a piece of American history....

After lots of looking Ive managed to buy myself a 1969 CHev Camaro Z28...in hugger orange,....bit of tinkering with a few klittle items....What a Sunday car...

Al

Very cool Al, congratulations. But no photos?

Mark

Jul 22, 2013 at 04:17 AM
DanNehmer
• •
p.3802 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian wrote:
It's a never ending job, but the right direction is always a good thing. It's been 2 years since my mom passed, and I am only just now getting some things around the house pointed in the direction they once were. It takes time, but we all get there in time in our own way. God tends to sort the rest out

Amen Brian, It's been 4 years since my dad pasted, 2 yrs since I moved to a good job (from an ugly one) in another state, bringing mom with and so on but you know you are right "it takes time"! I could whine about all the trials and tribulations (as you or many others could) but it's all about the journey. Time helps us refocus and move forward again, having faith help too.

Tonight's plans were to work on the basement, putting it back together again after the water damage from storms. Instead I just got home from the ER because mom had slurred speech, confusion, tingling in her hands. Thankfully she is having a drug reaction and not the obvious first thought, stroke. And tonight's lesson is again family is today's project, the other stuff can always be tomorrows work.

Dan

Jul 22, 2013 at 04:36 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3802 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Liz, and sure, I'd be honored if HFF used them. I can understand why you'd be too busy to take photos

ImperfectSense wrote:
Beautiful photos of 'Grumpy' on the ramp at Dayton NightOwl Cat! Would you mind allowing HFF to use those? We always seem to be too busy at events to capture the adoring crowds that airplane draws ;D

-Liz

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:45 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3802 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Brian, I was thinking that was you I'd captured in the shot with Beth

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:46 AM
       3803              4133       4134       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell