FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3796      
       3798              4533       4534       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3797 #1 · p.3797 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Are you coming to AFW 2014 Erich? Hope so!

May 22, 2014 at 03:21 AM
ELinder
• • •
p.3797 #2 · p.3797 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Absolutely!

Erich

May 22, 2014 at 03:22 AM
JakeB17
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3797 #3 · p.3797 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

If we are on the topic of regional jets...

One from Burbank airport a few weeks ago with the 500 f/4 at sunset.

May 22, 2014 at 03:48 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3797 #4 · p.3797 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

My first project in Premiere Pro CC is available at the following URL.

http://www.stevezphoto.us/blackhills2014/h377c9235#h377c9235

It was shot with a DJI Phantom 2 Vision and my Oly OM-D EM-1. For sure it was a learning experience: a bit rough around the edges, but it gave me a taste of what PP is capable of.

Edited on May 22, 2014 at 01:16 PM · View previous versions

May 22, 2014 at 04:06 AM
JakeB17
• •
p.3797 #5 · p.3797 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And another somewhat recent one.

This one is actually a multiple exposure though, mostly because the plane was about seven stops darker.

May 22, 2014 at 04:36 AM
chas
• • •
p.3797 #6 · p.3797 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Not sure if any of you aviation buffs are aware of this, but there is currently a mission underway to support the D-Day 70th Anniversary events which will occur in Normandy in two weeks. Whiskey-7, a vintage C-47, was the lead ship of the 37th Troop Carrier Squadron, dropping elements of the 82nd Airborne Division near St. Mere Eglise, France in the early hours of June 6th, 1944. Whiskey 7 will participate in the 70th anniversary commemorations by dropping members of the Liberty Jump Team over the original D-Day drop zones. She left Rochester, NY, where she is the centerpiece of the National Warplane Museum. last Thursday. After making stops in Maine, Goose Bay Canada, Greenland and Iceland, she is currently in Scotland, and will visit various locations in the UK and France over the next several weeks. You can track the progress of this historic journey on their website at:

http://www.rtn2014.org/

I had the pleasure of taking a 1 hour flight on board this aircraft last summer, along with my dad, who was a WWII paratrooper with the 11th Airborne in the South Pacific. Images of that journey can be found at this link;

http://www.pbase.com/chasp/geneseo_warbirds

Regards,
Charlie

May 22, 2014 at 04:52 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3797 #7 · p.3797 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
My first project in Premiere Pro CC is available at the following URL. It's a 260MB video: you've been warned!

http://www.stevezphoto.us/blackhills2014/h377c9235#h377c9235

It was shot with a DJI Phantom 2 Vision and my Oly OM-D EM-1. For sure it was a learning experience: a bit rough around the edges, but it gave me a taste of what PP is capable of.

Very nice Steve! How'd you shoot the running footage? It's very, very smooth...

Edit For Top:
"Make A Wish And Blow Out The Engine"

May 22, 2014 at 09:07 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3797 #8 · p.3797 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Something fun

Canon 5D MkIII

May 22, 2014 at 11:22 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3797 #9 · p.3797 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Welcome Chas! Thanks of those links! Our friend Kevin Houng is on his way to be part of all of that. He is crossing the English Channel with the C-47's as they drop paratroopers. Talk about a once in a lifetime experience!

May 22, 2014 at 12:45 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3797 #10 · p.3797 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good Morning Laura,

Now that's a rig where the operator has to really know how to fly r/c!

May 22, 2014 at 01:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3797 #11 · p.3797 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great video Zim! Were most of the clips of the folks rolling on the road done with the Phantom? How did you orchestrate those? That video represents a lot of work!!

May 22, 2014 at 01:07 PM
richhrly
• • •
p.3797 #12 · p.3797 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Alpha Jet getting low:

May 22, 2014 at 01:12 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3797 #13 · p.3797 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Driver change...

May 22, 2014 at 02:34 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3797 #14 · p.3797 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Great video Zim! Were most of the clips of the folks rolling on the road done with the Phantom? How did you orchestrate those? That video represents a lot of work!!

Thanks, Jay and Jim! Yeah, video is a whole lot of work...

The rolling shots were done (totally blind, when the camera was pointed aft) with me sitting in the passenger seat and holding the OMD EM-1 up through the sunroof. Stabilization is thanks to Oly's in-body 5-axis IS, plus Warp Stabilizer in After Effects. Some of the DJI footage was also shot blind when the camera failed to connect to my iPhone at the State Game Lodge (fortunately, there was enough bandwidth to trigger the camera, just not enough to complete the POV link). Do I get extra points for the difficulty factor?

P.S. You may notice a piece of smut that found its way onto the Oly's sensor; it's a real problem, because it has to go back to the factory service center for cleaning. The I.S. mechanism the sensor mounts to is too fragile to allow you to perform wet cleaning without a jig to immobilize the sensor...or so Oly says.

Edited on May 22, 2014 at 03:03 PM · View previous versions

May 22, 2014 at 02:54 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3797 #15 · p.3797 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Something fun

I love how they have the battery packs doing double duty as landing skids.

May 22, 2014 at 02:58 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3797 #16 · p.3797 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bummer on the Oly sensor crud.

Using the LiPo batteries as landing gear cushions is a gutsy move. Everything I've read about LiPo's emphasizes the ease with which they become damaged and then do a Buddhist Monk routine at some point. We are getting more knowledgeable on LiPo's, but gee they are a pain. You aren't supposed to charge them and leave them, you can't drain them past about 30% or they will not take a charge, don't store them in anything less than a steel bunker, gee whiz! We have a couple hungered invested in capacity checkers and charging equipment, and we are still smoking them pretty regularly.

May 22, 2014 at 03:55 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3797 #17 · p.3797 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The T-38 crew called me yesterday to brainstorm sticking Hero3+ units around in the cockpits. I'm going to Ross's annual BBQ at his Circle T ranch this weekend, so we're going to do a little logistical work. They have a sophisticated inflight camera system in the aircraft, problem is, yesterday's best is today's crummy. Probably going to need to do a couple of rides to tweak the new camera set up…………..

May 22, 2014 at 03:58 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3797 #18 · p.3797 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Rich nice QinetiQ Alpha Jet..

May 22, 2014 at 04:28 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3797 #19 · p.3797 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Although I'm 58 and closing in swiftly on 59, I'm fortunate to regularly enjoy moments of clarity. Today is one of those days.

For over 3 decades I worked as a pointy-head bureaucrat in municipal government. I helped to create and enforce red tape. For the past 9+ years I've operated my own consulting firm helping folks navigate that same red tape. In a recent meeting with a member of my old staff I pushed back hard on their proposed enforcement of red tape that I knew was a bluff and unnecessary. After a few minutes of robust debate, she pushed back from the table and said, "what happened to you Jeff?" Then she pointed at me and said "you've gone to the dark side; haven't you!" It felt like one of the best compliments I had received in weeks.

This morning I woke up with the flu. In my past life, I would have called in sick and used some of my paid leave. This morning I chugged some Theraflu and headed to the office.

I have been so blessed to experience so many sides of life - it has given me much needed perspective. Don't misread, my 3+ decades of government work was a great learning experience and I'm glad to have lived those times. It has helped shape my life after in some very positive ways. But I'm also glad that I've had the opportunity to live the life of a business owner. After 40+ years of being someone's employee, it is very satisfying to be totally responsible for the successes and the failures - there are plenty of both.

Sorry for the prolonged commentary; but it was on my mind, or maybe I took too much Theraflu

Edited on May 22, 2014 at 05:54 PM · View previous versions

May 22, 2014 at 05:15 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3797 #20 · p.3797 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Bummer on the Oly sensor crud.

Using the LiPo batteries as landing gear cushions is a gutsy move. Everything I've read about LiPo's emphasizes the ease with which they become damaged and then do a Buddhist Monk routine at some point. We are getting more knowledgeable on LiPo's, but gee they are a pain. You aren't supposed to charge them and leave them, you can't drain them past about 30% or they will not take a charge, don't store them in anything less than a steel bunker, gee whiz! We have a couple hungered invested in capacity checkers and charging equipment,
...Show more

Good news on the sensor crud: it's actually iMac display crud and is easily dealt with.

Gosh, I didn't realize that LiPo batteries are so touchy. I've left my DJI batteries charged with no apparent adverse effects, and both of them still hold a charge even though I've run at least one down until the low-battery klaxon went off (it sounds just like somebody forgot to insert the control rods at a nuclear power plant) and the copter decided to land itself.

May 22, 2014 at 05:48 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password