Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3792      
       3794              4379       4380       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3793 #1 · p.3793 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Nice work with the Waco Glenn!

OMG! That last AeroShell shot is freakin' ridiculously cool!

Thank you! High praise coming from one of the masters of ridiculously cool

Edit TOPP A bonus P-51 that wasn't on the list showed up as a static though not static in this shot.

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:20 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3793 #2 · p.3793 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Nice work Glenn! Although; I call Photoshop.... You really found water in those lakes?! ;-)

Cool Aeroshell hero shot, Brian. Did they get new engine lights? I don't remember seeing that lit up on them before.

I think they likely talked to Matt about his lighting setup, pretty cool either way. I just double checked, and the last time I saw them they did not have them. Granted that was 2 years ago so they are at least within that time frame.

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:29 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3793 #3 · p.3793 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It's a start ..... T'Birds to fly again through Oct. 1st.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/15/air-force-budget-cuts-thunderbirds/2517505/

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:39 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3793 #4 · p.3793 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Brian, that last Aeroshell image is world-class. As Laura said, print it large and sell it!

It is available

Jul 15, 2013 at 07:01 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3793 #5 · p.3793 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
I wonder if there will be a similar announcement from the Blues
They always maintained they would try to resume their season if it was at all possible.

The way I understand it is that this gets the T'Birds up to the point that the Blues are now. One seemingly tiny step away...

Jul 15, 2013 at 07:05 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3793 #6 · p.3793 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I read this in between classes at school and almost fell off my stool!

Donald Gray wrote:
From Lady Diana Gray:

Dear Mr Nicholas Johnson,

I am grateful, if not astonished that you returned my husband, Sir Donald, in one piece and in reasonably good working order. He did arrive home in somewhat of a despondent frame of mind, I was not sure if it was because you took his walking stick from him and made him crawl back to the car or if it as your agreement to stay and have an evening meal with us.

With respect to you being unable to lock his car at Yeovilton Airfield, he feels that it was your duty, as the
...Show more

Jul 15, 2013 at 07:35 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3793 #7 · p.3793 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It's our "Monsoon Season" here in AZ and last night, Mother Nature kind of went "Bikini Atoll" over Phoenix...

Jul 15, 2013 at 07:46 PM
Leviathor
• •
p.3793 #8 · p.3793 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
It's our "Monsoon Season" here in AZ and last night, Mother Nature kind of went "Bikini Atoll" over Phoenix...

"Significant vertical development." Wow!

Jul 15, 2013 at 07:59 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3793 #9 · p.3793 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Shredded off to a significant anvil shape in mere minutes!

Jul 15, 2013 at 08:11 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3793 #10 · p.3793 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

One frame from the previous time lapse that sort of got lost near the end...

Jul 15, 2013 at 08:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

astrobrian
• • •
p.3793 #11 · p.3793 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
I thought the same thing before even reading your description. Crazy cool display of power.

Jul 15, 2013 at 09:14 PM
johnahill
• • • •
p.3793 #12 · p.3793 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

J-A Great shots from Duxford Legends, especially like the mustang pair.
Sure was hot, probably the hottest I can remember.

Great landing shot of the P40, the last few shows i've been in the 'naughty' field and sure miss the take-off/landing shots from the duxford side.

Jul 15, 2013 at 09:17 PM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3793 #13 · p.3793 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jay,
that last shot is the beauty of doing a timelapse with such weather, especially later in the day where you can slow the shutter down to get a bit of blur like you did on the fountain and clouds, but still capture a razor sharp lightning strike.

Well done, and hope to see more of these from you.

Gero

Jul 15, 2013 at 09:57 PM
johnahill
• • • •
p.3793 #14 · p.3793 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A few more from a scorching day at Duxford on Saturday

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3793 #15 · p.3793 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Living within 25 miles of Browns Ferry Nuclear Power plant, had I seen a cloud like that, I would have expected warning sirens and a speedy escape in some direction that the cloud wasn't going to. Very nuclear looking.

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM
johnahill
• • • •
p.3793 #16 · p.3793 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:

http://crosswindimages.com/img/s8/v84/p1751402082.jpg

Love that, we just don't get cloud like that here in the UK

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Donald Gray
• • • •
p.3793 #17 · p.3793 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nickjohnson wrote:
Dear Sir Donald,

It's so nice to hear from you following your recent computer difficulties – tricky customers those on / off switches – and so cunningly disguised too, with words like “Power” and “On” - all very confusing.

Now you know very well that I did none of the bad behaviour detailed previously. Everyone knows that lady Grey is far too gracious to mention such things in a public place such as this. Might I suggest a little more study of your “Creative Writing For The Older Gentleman” course material might be in order?

Regarding “.....make the vehicle secure against rouges and
...Show more

Mr Johnson are you inferring that I was telling some untruths and masquerading as Lady Diana? Shame on you sir. I would never step so low as to render my honour and reputation in tatters.

Firstly, my recent computer difficulties was caused by a miscreant rodent that decided to up and die in a most undignified manner, leaving my computer incapacitated until after its funeral and subsequent reincarnation.

With regards to the events of Friday evening that Lady Diana so eloquently and succinctly described, she did refrain from mentioning several of the other alarming and strange events of that evening; We are still perplexed as to how did the statuette of the Goddess Venus have its head exchanged with the garden gnome? And how come the initials ‘NJ’ were deeply scratched on her left buttock? (I refer to the statuette's left buttock, not Lady Diana's)

Can you shed any light on how my zimmer (walker frame) became lodged high up the English Oak tree that you seemed to take a fancy to?

It took ages to untie the ‘I love the Rolling Stones’ banner from the TV antenna especially as we didn’t have a tv antenna in the first place.

Lady Diana has asked me to pass on to Mrs J her deepest sympathies and to say that she fully understands.

Respectfully yours
Sir Donald

To all: Lady Diana & I would like it to be known by all and sundry of the immediate vacancy of Under-Butler with the prospects of being elevated to that of a ‘gentleman’s gentleman’ and companion. The prospective candidate must be of exemplary character, able to look after a gentleman of repute. Be of sober habits. And above all, have a sense of humour.

Edited on Jul 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM · View previous versions

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.3793 #18 · p.3793 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A special thanks to member, Laura, AKA Night Owl Cat, for showing me around WPAFB and Fairborn, where i was stationed in 1957. I cut my visit a day short, due to a JW religous convention near the base, and my hotel was ful of the noise makers. Laura a class act, and a wealth of avation, photography and computer information. If given the opportunity, see that shes included in your aviation and photography activities.
Thanks Laura
Harry

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3793 #19 · p.3793 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice Legends shots. I saw on Facebook that Hinton Jr. was flying the C model. He keeps this up he may get more time than his Dad in P-51's.

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3793 #20 · p.3793 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Better late than never Brian - the rockstar Aeroshell photo kicks ass dude!

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:14 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password