FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3788      
       3790              4533       4534       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Kenj8246
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3789 #1 · p.3789 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Did anyone make it out to the Corsicana Airshow? I went and, like the Temple show the weekend before, there were noticeably fewer aircraft. I was also more than a little miffed that, although the advertisements said we could walk the flight line from 9:30 to 11:30, the powers that be shut the static display down just before 11:00. I was not the only patron grumbling to the staff whose only reply was, "I don't make the rules". I understand that they could have been trying to 'beat the weather' but it sucked nonetheless.

Kenny

May 12, 2014 at 02:03 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3789 #2 · p.3789 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hope you left the anchors out at HQ before you left Jim...

Nasty looking Wx coming your way!

May 12, 2014 at 07:56 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3789 #3 · p.3789 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Jay,

Yes, I battened the hatches. Supposed to pound us tonight and tomorrow. I just met with my roofing guy and asked him to hold off until June. No point in putting a new one on and it getting beat up a few days later.

Just moved tomorrow's shoot to Wed/Thurs because of the WX.

Today's A330 meeting went well, there's even a chance that I can show you all some of the imagery.

May 12, 2014 at 09:42 PM
Chris Luvara
• •
p.3789 #4 · p.3789 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Risky business..............................

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Plane-crash-over-bay-was-during-pass-after-photos-5466164.php#photo-6282220

I don't even know where to start with all the off-hand comments posted on that news article page (not here on this forum). So many people passing judgement that have no clue, or don't know the truth. Really a sad, unfortunate accident.

May 12, 2014 at 11:04 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3789 #5 · p.3789 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, as we all know, that is part and parcel of any aviation accident/incident. Whatever happened, the outcome is a shame to say the least. We do whatever we can to mitigate risk, but, as Steve so eloquently pointed out, it's lurking around every well planned air to air, just waiting for an opportunity to wreak havoc.

The event was terrible, but not as terrible as it could have been. The Fury and it's occupants could have spiraled into the water just as easily. I'll bet they are counting their blessings.

The armchair quarterbacking is generally done by people (as you pointed out) who have little to no knowledge of what really took place, and most likely have never experienced the privileged exhilaration of being air to air with some of the world's most amazing creations. Put it all in the bucket with "Enquirer" kind of BS and toss it overboard.

May 13, 2014 at 01:17 AM
MMauro72
• •
p.3789 #6 · p.3789 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I agree, nice seeing the military back doing shows this year. It's only the second time I've ever shot an air show.

May 13, 2014 at 01:32 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3789 #7 · p.3789 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well you should be very pleased Michael! Keep up the good work!

May 13, 2014 at 01:37 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3789 #8 · p.3789 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Remember the photo 'Bow Watch' I posted here a couple of years ago? I finally found out who that woman standing on the bow of the rowing skiff was: her name is Ni Rong, and it was her shoot that drifted by me on the incoming tide, just after dawn, in Rockport Harbor. Interestingly, she gets the credit for the photos taken of her by a nameless assistant; that seems wrong to me. Sure, it's her conception, but it is at the very least a collaboration of equals to make a photograph, no?

I'm a bit envious that her work was featured in a Portfolio Showcase by the Center for Fine Art Photography, which is just up the road from me in Fort Collins; I've submitted stuff to them over the years and have never had anything selected for one of their shows.

http://nirongphotography.com/portfolio/in-america/
http://www.c4fap.org/exhibitions/ni-rong/

Bow Watch

May 13, 2014 at 03:12 AM
Zane Adams
• •
p.3789 #9 · p.3789 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I had my first visit to the Propwash Party this weekend. (The Cowtown Areocrafter gang's fly-in and car shindig at 16X just west of Justin, TX)

I can't believe what I have been missing all these years.

What great bunch of people! Fun for sure...even if the 'breezy' weather kept the flying to a minimum.

May 13, 2014 at 03:41 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3789 #10 · p.3789 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Cool Zane - whats not to like about smoke-on low passes??

Glenn

May 13, 2014 at 03:52 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JakeB17
• •
p.3789 #11 · p.3789 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Nice Mitchell image Jake!

Thanks!

Just ordered a metal print of that one; should look nice on the wall.

May 13, 2014 at 05:52 AM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3789 #12 · p.3789 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tanker 910 departing Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport to assist in fighting the Basin Fire in southeastern Arizona.

FAT BOTTOMED GIRL

May 13, 2014 at 12:52 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3789 #13 · p.3789 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That is weird Zim. I always thought that it didn't matter who put the shot together, the one clicking it is the photographer. As far as the fine art center, I question their taste.................

May 13, 2014 at 01:07 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3789 #14 · p.3789 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"Hi Ho, Hi Ho", off to work for a couple of days......................

May 13, 2014 at 01:08 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3789 #15 · p.3789 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Remember the photo 'Bow Watch' I posted here a couple of years ago? I finally found out who that woman standing on the bow of the rowing skiff was: her name is Ni Rong, and it was her shoot that drifted by me on the incoming tide, just after dawn, in Rockport Harbor. Interestingly, she gets the credit for the photos taken of her by a nameless assistant; that seems wrong to me. Sure, it's her conception, but it is at the very least a collaboration of equals to make a photograph, no?

I'm a bit envious that her work
...Show more

Acknowledging a severe case of bias, I much prefer your image to the ones she has showcased. IMHO, 'Bow Watch' is a classic example of the graceful and sophisticated "Z-Man" artwork that I have grown accustomed to

May 13, 2014 at 02:06 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3789 #16 · p.3789 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

1/30 @ f/5.6 ISO 50
Amazing what four stops of ND can do...

May 13, 2014 at 05:54 PM
Aero_70

p.3789 #17 · p.3789 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Welcome Michael! Nice to see our military back in the air, isn't it!

Several years ago the Blue Angels were practicing for a weekend show at Dobbins AFB in Atlanta. I had an 11th floor window looking out towards Dobbins. Me and a few co-workers did effectively nothing all day but look out the window and stare like a bunch of 12 years olds.
We all decided "What an amazing use of my tax dollars!"
I cant get enough of it.

BTW: Anyone going to Peachtree Dekalb's Good neighbor airshow this weekend?

May 13, 2014 at 06:09 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3789 #18 · p.3789 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yeah! And rumor has it that he shoots better in his underwear than most folks do fully prepared !
Jeff W. wrote:
Acknowledging a severe case of bias, I much prefer your image to the ones she has showcased. IMHO, 'Bow Watch' is a classic example of the graceful and sophisticated "Z-Man" artwork that I have grown accustomed to

May 13, 2014 at 08:41 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3789 #19 · p.3789 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Yeah! And rumor has it that he shoots better in his underwear than most folks do fully prepared !

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jeff and Jim. I've known since I was a kid that I lack the self-promotion gene, not to mention the appropriatiing-of-credit-for-others'-work gene. It's a deficit I can live with, mostly.

Edited on May 14, 2014 at 04:53 AM · View previous versions

May 13, 2014 at 08:55 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3789 #20 · p.3789 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Got out early in the Pipistrel with my first passenger. We had a major winter storm over Mother's Day and this morning it dawned clear and cold. Here's what we saw when we got up over the Divide at 13,000'. Those of you who can free-view stereo-X pairs will get a nice surprise; those of you who can't, I'm sorry: it's pretty cool.

By the way, I'm more and more pleased with the Pipistrel's performance: we took off at max gross today and climbed right up to 13,500' MSL; we were still climbing to the end at 400fpm with TAS in excess of 110 knots, burning 4.7gph. How about those numbers for a cruise-climb on 100hp?

May 13, 2014 at 09:03 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password