Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3773      
       3775              4137       4138       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3774 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Fascinating story I came across in my morning reading.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/2013/06/28/granville-coggs-rhythm-life/K768mFNKuupv8i6Dx76naL/story.html

Nice story, Laura. Thanks for bringing it up.

Edit: Top of page, so I might was well briefly mention what I've been up to lately, since I'll be posting one of the few photos I've taken in the last couple of months.

My supervisor, Dick, recently retired after 43 years with our firm. And he's only 61. He meant a lot to many of us, and we needed to find an appropriate parting gift. He and his wife bought a condo with an ocean view on Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA, and he's been telling us that if we need him, he'll be on that beach. He's also fond of saying "The only easy day was yesterday" (although he was never a SEAL). So we decided to combine those two concepts.

In early June I got up around 4am and drove down to Hull a couple of mornings to try and catch a good sunrise. I added a few words and had MPIX print it on Fuji Pearl. Then we all signed the margins. I took my inspiration from Jim's Glenn Smith print.

It came out great, and Dick loved the gesture. Gave me a nice warm feeling that I was able to create something that clearly meant a lot to him. Here's the image:

Mark

Edited on Jun 29, 2013 at 03:17 PM · View previous versions

Jun 29, 2013 at 03:06 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3774 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Looks like the Cub will have to go back on it's lift soon!

You can give me a tour in December.

Jun 29, 2013 at 03:12 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3774 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Whoehoe back online i have a rocketship as pc install of win8 only took like 5 minutes now claning up the mess and take a shower

Jun 29, 2013 at 03:56 PM
Geaux

p.3774 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JDE1 wrote:
Well, "Chuckie" is on her way to Tillamook now and FW190A-8 "White 11" (below) will be joining her "soon."

The prop was turning so slowly as the 190 essentially coasted along that blur was tough to catch, but given the choice between the overall composition and no blur, I chose composition (mainly the way the light was hitting some of the curved surfaces).

Jerry

Great work Jerry! I think you will fit in here just fine!

Jun 29, 2013 at 05:49 PM
USM IS
• • •
p.3774 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian wrote:
Like the Lowe's slogan, never stop improving. Well done on the blur.

Thank you Brian, the keeper rate was pretty low, some I wished would have been sharp. But then I would be knowing what I was doing.

Mike

Jun 29, 2013 at 06:57 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3774 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

New PC goes like a bat out of hell
New Photoshop CC I like it already

Here is one for the Group one of my best night shots from Le Mans have a great weekend.

Nissan Zytek

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    300mm    f/2.8    1/80s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Jun 29, 2013 at 10:12 PM · View previous versions

Jun 29, 2013 at 09:54 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3774 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's a beautiful image Mark, and a great gesture. The print you all did for me sits in a place of honor and I look at it every time I'm at HQ, it is very dear to me.

Gorgeous morning in the Cub, the skies were absolutely like a Zimmermann canvas laced with stratus, alto cu and Texas blue. When the wheels lifted off 36 at KTKI the winds were wafting NNE at about 6. When I lined up with the runway and hour later they were variable at 16G22. Not a big deal if you know how to dance on those rudder pedals a bit. The trick is taxiing back to the hangar because each time you add power the little yellow Cub wants to fly again. What a treat that airplane is on a beautiful morning, pure flying.

The Tucano/P51 debate is not one of space, I'm fixing that as we speak. It's whether you want a warbird that requires hours of work for each hour flown, (granted one of the most desirable airplanes in the history of flight), much of it's care is out of the scope of mere mortals such as myself. Or, do you want a current turbine fighter trainer that is very cool, fast, forgiving, and pretty much all you have to do is clean the bugs off it and put it away til the next time. Knee jerk is .....the Mustang, I understand, and "Tucano Air to Air" just doesn't have the same ring Wherever would I find people to help me polish...........................................?

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3774 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

...about " The trick is taxiing back to the hangar because each time you add power the little yellow Cub wants to fly again", I am sure it only takes practice...

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3774 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wow Jan Arie! Your images of the race are luminous! Well done! Glad your Mom like m choice of airplanes. I could get my familiarization hours knocked out fairly quickly if I brought it over to take her for a ride.

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:28 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3774 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian wrote:
The people on the tv said it was a "cold front". Only getting up into the 90s today

Speak for yourself, it's been 109F here today.

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3774 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I was just talking with a friend across the way who bought a new TBM 850 9 months ago. He had about 250TT, none in high performance, much less turbines when he bought the 850. The underwriters required 100 hours with a "mentor pilot" before solo. He laughed and said he flew friends to the east coast, west coast, Arizona, anywhere they wanted to go, so he could knock those hours out in short order. Interestingly, he suggested we fly out to Colorado together to see Pilatus, because he decided he made the wrong choice when he bought the 850 and is happy to give up the 320 knots for the comfort and amenities the PC12 offers. I liked hearing that. There is no comparison in cabin/cockpit appointments and comfort.

I am a different sort when it comes to this stuff though. Paul was ready to solo me in the Six at 5 hours, I had him fly with me for five more until he jumped out one day and told me in mixed polish/english, "Is time, you must be brave!" I've plied the flight levels flying Butch's King Air for a number of hours, so I'm not totally unfamiliar, but there will be a lot to learn. The July issue of FLYING's feature article is all about why everyone loves the Pilatus PC12, a fun read! John Dibbs did the photography.

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3774 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Wow Jan Arie! Your images of the race are luminous! Well done! Glad your Mom like m choice of airplanes. I could get my familiarization hours knocked out fairly quickly if I brought it over to take her for a ride.

Thanks Jim I think she would freak out

Audi

AUDI R18 E-TRON QUATTRO

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    300mm    f/2.8    1/80s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3774 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It's toasty here too Lady Jo, but the "cold front" mustn't have gotten to you yet. We have winds out of the NNW at the moment and it's 76 degrees.............................................................inside HQ

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3774 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I think you have your panning down to a fine edge Jan Arie.

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3774 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I think you have your panning down to a fine edge Jan Arie.

I had rented a old 300 2.8 L and it performed like a pro
even tested it with Marcel's new 2.0 ext III and it went without an itch in daylight.
I had asked the guy at the store were the old lenses went after the switched to the new 300 He couldn't tell me or he didn't wanted to Because I want one but I'm not willing to pay 6899 for a lens but I'm searching..

ZYTEK Z11SN - NISSAN

TOYOTA TS030 - HYBRID

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3774 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Really liking the race shots J-A! Glad you're liking your new computer too!

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3774 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Really liking the race shots J-A! Glad you're liking your new computer too!

Thanks Jay its out of this world..

I'm looking for the BB code of the classic black frame do any of you know what it is??

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3774 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Speak for yourself, it's been 109F here today.

Guessing they meant tomorrow, hit 106 here today....

Jun 30, 2013 at 01:41 AM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3774 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Jan - outstanding shots from LM. Did Nissan have that funky Batmobile of their's at the race this year?

Keep the shots coming

Gero

Jun 30, 2013 at 01:51 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3774 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Gero no it wasn't there this year there is a new one and that one is coming next year.

Jun 30, 2013 at 02:04 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password