3764              4529       4530       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

yipDog
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3763 #1 · p.3763 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Good Morning Rob,

How great that you and Jay were able to collaborate on that assignment. The client got a lot of bang for the buck having you two as their team!!

Hi Jim!
Actually this was just the beginning of the assignment! Lots more coming…we just got to do the fun part first!
I'm sooooo itching to post some of the video but have to hold off til more of the piece comes together!

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3763 #2 · p.3763 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Stewart Island, at 47° South, is the largest of a group of islands off the southern tip of New Zealand. Fittingly, we arrived by Islander (Britten Norman Islander, that is) on a lovely fall evening. It's raining today, but the flight over was stunning...and I got to sit right seat and shot some video of the approach to the island strip. Today we'll take a short boat trip over to uninhabited Ulva Island for a guided nature tour.

Here's an iPhone snap of one of Stewart Island Air's fleet of Islanders after we landed.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3763 #3 · p.3763 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Man, some of you folks sure do live an enviable life.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3763 #4 · p.3763 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

yipDog wrote:
Hi Jim!
Actually this was just the beginning of the assignment! Lots more coming…we just got to do the fun part first!
I'm sooooo itching to post some of the video but have to hold off til more of the piece comes together!

That's always a temptation Rob, don't serve up any video "before it's time" , it'll be worth the wait! How did you like the C100?

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:40 AM
yipDog
• •
p.3763 #5 · p.3763 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Love it! I use the Atomos Ninja 2 which records to 220mbps Pro Res HQ 4:2:2. Coming from the DSLRs and the "true camcorder" XF300 it's truly in a different league. I also have the AF upgrade which works exceptionally well. Only things I miss from my XF300 are the image stabilization and face detect feature. Image quality is better...dynamic range is way beyond the DSLRs and low light...well, there just isn't any noise!
There are a few quirks. It's native frame rate is 24 which isn't an issue as I've switched to it for all new projects. 30p gets baked into a 60i wrapper. I wish it had higher frame rates but I can always rent if the need arises.
The view finder is useless. I use the Zacuto loupe that slides onto the LCD. It's works well but means the LCD is essentially locked into one position which for some shots makes it unuseable. The auto focus upgrade makes this less of an issue if you need critical focus. But shooting outdoors in the sun would be nice to have an adjustable viewfinder.
The quirks are totally overshadowed by the images it creates though. I have used my buddy's canon cinema glass on it and the results were jaw dropping. The C100 is the real deal. It's kind of a sleeper as it's not 4k or high frame rate. But it'll serve me for many years!

JWilsonphoto wrote:
That's always a temptation Rob, don't serve up any video "before it's time" , it'll be worth the wait! How did you like the C100?

Apr 23, 2014 at 01:13 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3763 #6 · p.3763 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Cool Lancair from the Taylor Air Race,

Murca by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Apr 23, 2014 at 03:18 AM
yipDog
• •
p.3763 #7 · p.3763 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great find Steven! By any chance are you related to Danny and Allan the insanely good RC Heli pilots?

Apr 23, 2014 at 03:26 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3763 #8 · p.3763 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

not to my knowledge, although it turns out my grandfather had a way with the ladies...so ya never know :P

Apr 23, 2014 at 03:29 AM
yipDog
• •
p.3763 #9 · p.3763 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ahh! Funny thing is Danny works at a video production company in Las Vegas flying their cameras on multirotor copters!

Apr 23, 2014 at 03:57 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3763 #10 · p.3763 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I have been watching a 2 hour documentary by the name of Muscle Shoals, which aired yesterday on the PBS show "Independent Lens". For anyone here who is not familiar with Muscle Shoals, it is a town in northwest Alabama on the banks of the Tennessee River. It is a part of what is called the "Quad Cities" which comprises the towns of Muscle Shoals, Tuscumbia and Sheffield on the south side of the river and Florence on the north side. Muscle Shoals was also known as "the Hit Recording Capital of the World" back in the 60's through the 90's and I am sure that they still play a major part in the music recording industry. The documentary is about the history of the recording industry at that time. Some of the artists that came in to record were Percy Sledge, Clarence Carter, Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Bob Segar, Bobby Gentry, The Osmond Brothers, Wilson Pickett, The Rolling Stones, Simon and Garfunkle, Lynard Skynard and Michael Jackson, to name a few. This documentary comes on again Thursday at 8:00 pm on PBS. Look for the show Independent Lens. It is a vey good program and you will not be disappointed.
I know this is off topic, but then we get that often enough, and that is a good thing, but I believe that we all enjoy our music as much as we enjoy photographing aviation subjects. I just wanted to let everyone here know about it so that they can see it for themselves. A little bit more about the documentary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_Shoals_(Film)

And the video.

http://viooz.co/movies/22379-muscle-shoals-2013.html

Apr 23, 2014 at 04:41 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

carrg1954
• • •
p.3763 #11 · p.3763 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sitting in Christchurch with WiFi for the first time . it was great to meet up with Steve z at wanaka Sunday.
While windy, cold and overcast friday it didn't rain in wanaka over the weekend, unlike the rest with Nz having the tail end of a cyclone. Steve's images are great, he might have some of the Anson that's had a full restoration
Regards

stevez wrote:
The (un)usual suspects: stevez and carrg at Wanaka.

Apr 23, 2014 at 05:21 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3763 #12 · p.3763 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

carrg1954 wrote:
Sitting in Christchurch with WiFi for the first time . it was great to meet up with Steve z at wanaka Sunday.
While windy, cold and overcast friday it didn't rain in wanaka over the weekend, unlike the rest with Nz having the tail end of a cyclone. Steve's images are great, he might have some of the Anson that's had a full restoration
Regards

I'm just sorry we couldn't sit down over a beer and have a chat, Gerard; I would have enjoyed that.

Meanwhile, my Anson photos (including an interior shoot I did on Thursday) are all locked in the hard drive until I get back to civilization.

Apr 23, 2014 at 07:11 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3763 #13 · p.3763 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Saw the Muscle Shoals documentary as well. Great film making and what an amazing story!

I'll never listen to "Sweet Home Alabama" the same way again!

Apr 23, 2014 at 08:49 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3763 #14 · p.3763 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mustang G2G

Sarah Jean by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:30 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3763 #15 · p.3763 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice Steven! Look at those Texas Bluebonnets!

Apr 24, 2014 at 01:22 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3763 #16 · p.3763 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Ducked in for my flight physical yesterday, good for another 24 months, no restrictions at almost 65!

Do you go to Dr. Fried? I used him for years but grew tired of of his nurse...

Apr 24, 2014 at 01:33 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3763 #17 · p.3763 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
Mustang G2G

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7438/13965141566_ec26718701_c.jpg
Sarah Jean by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Really nice, where is this at?

Apr 24, 2014 at 01:34 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3763 #18 · p.3763 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Taylor, TX at the Air Races that lady Jo brought me to.

Apr 24, 2014 at 02:25 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3763 #19 · p.3763 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Lynn,

No, I have gone to Doc Kramer for the past four medicals. Gabe's nurse was pleasant huh?!

Apr 24, 2014 at 03:27 AM
Zane Adams
• •
p.3763 #20 · p.3763 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Beautiful bluebonnet photo Steve! (the Mustang is quite nice too!) great!

Apr 24, 2014 at 03:58 AM
1       2       3              3762      

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3762      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password