How many days will that go on Jeff?

Nice save on the TOPP!

Feb 28, 2014 at 02:29 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3710 #2 · p.3710 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Farmed the Bonanza out for some video work with Andrew tonight but rode along for fun and was able to get a few snapshots...
Glenn

Absolutely terrific "snapshots" Glenn. Wonderful, wonderful work young man

Feb 28, 2014 at 02:31 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3710 #3 · p.3710 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
How many days will that go on Jeff?

Nice save on the TOPP!

Thanks Jim.

I assume you are asking about the wind Steve and the others experienced at NAFEC yesterday. In my opinion, they got unlucky with the timing of a large winter storm that is working its way into CA and AZ. It appears they caught the edge and the winds got some velocity. The only time I've been at El Centro with winds that bad, the Harrier squadron I was photographing still flew the scheduled training for the day. I understand why the Blues canceled, but not sure why the regular DET's didn't fly?

I'm hoping to hear from Jay and a few other AzAP associates who were there. Jay is tight with the PAO and will surely be able to opine more informed than I. I'm also wondering about blowing dust. NAFEC is surrounded by farming and dust can sometimes be an issue. I've got my fingers crossed that Steve may have stayed over today and try to catch the Blues morning practice. The AM Wx forecast looked better than yesterday.

Feb 28, 2014 at 02:39 PM
Wrei
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3710 #4 · p.3710 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Goofy thought of the day...Soooo, you are shooting a homosexual wedding, and it is time for the garter shot, you, the photographer, throw up all over the bride's cake. A reason you want to choose a photographer who wants to be there. (Please note, the 'goofy' thought is not expressing an opinion, just a possible result from a bad decision.)

Feb 28, 2014 at 02:57 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3710 #5 · p.3710 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Exxxxaaaactly Eddie Ray. I mean really, I would think the bride/bride....uh....groom/groom, would not want you there as bad as you would not want to be there. Common sense again, if I don't want to be there I'm not going to be at my creative best.....ummmm, if you are suing me to be there, whoops, I forgot to put a card in the camera. I think it's significant to note that the 7K fine was just that, a fine to cover court costs, there was no financial damage judgement involved. So one wonders, is the photographer then enjoined (curious word in this instance) by the court to book the wedding? Once again, then do you open yourself up for another lawsuit if the imagery isn't all the happy couple had envisioned?

My point was, it's a great time in the history of the world to be a commercial photographer, just sayin'!

Think whatever you like of me personally, but I'll flat out tell you that I won't shoot a gay wedding, ........but I won't shoot any other kind of wedding either! I have friends throughout the creative industry that aren't interested in the opposite sex, they like and respect me, I like and respect them, a by product of that respect is, they leave me off the guest and photographer list at their events. Works for me.

I just received my second and last copy of a new subscription to the PPof A's magazine. Flipped it open to pages and pages of same sex wedding imagery, and an article detailing how to exploit that new market. I do not judge, but I do not need my nose rubbed in it either, seems that I should have that right,....right?

Feb 28, 2014 at 03:12 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3710 #6 · p.3710 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I won't tell you about the homosexual at a company I worked for who showed up as a guide during a NASA JSC open house in his leather pants/vest/hat (think Village People)...showing TMI...to push his agenda. Nope, not gonna tell you about it.

Feb 28, 2014 at 04:07 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3710 #7 · p.3710 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh great, now how am I going to expunge that image from my consciousness..............

That reminds me, where did I put my leather pants....?

Feb 28, 2014 at 04:15 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3710 #8 · p.3710 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Feb 28, 2014 at 04:22 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3710 #9 · p.3710 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I saw that guy almost everyday at work. Even though he was a very nice guy and wore a shirt and tie, he never looked the same. That image is what inspired the barfing on the cake goofy thought.

Feb 28, 2014 at 04:23 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3710 #10 · p.3710 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

kwoodard wrote:
Glenn, cannot see any of your last posts. Not sure if it's you or me.

Hi Kevin:
This was caused by planned by them without telling me at least website maintenance. Hopefully they're working now for you!

Glenn

Feb 28, 2014 at 05:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3710 #11 · p.3710 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn,

the full 90 degree bank where the paint effect appears green is for me the pick of the bunch.

Mark

Feb 28, 2014 at 05:21 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3710 #12 · p.3710 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Absolutely terrific "snapshots" Glenn. Wonderful, wonderful work young man

Funny, thats the 2nd time yesterday somebody called me young man

Feb 28, 2014 at 05:43 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3710 #13 · p.3710 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Funny, thats the 2nd time yesterday somebody called me young man

Glenn - when you've nearly reached your 12th lustrum (as I nearly have), almost everyone looks like a young man

Feb 28, 2014 at 06:08 PM
PDumm
• •
p.3710 #14 · p.3710 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Why is it every time I got to El Centro, I all way seem to bring a lot of California home with me?? One time it's mud and this time it's dust.
And the fact is, I really do not like California......(No disrespect to any one living there)

Feb 28, 2014 at 06:51 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3710 #15 · p.3710 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Nice work Steve. Were you standing on the centerline or were these boys having to crab into the stiff breeze

I always love the soft light and warm tones of the early evening at NAFEC

Edit for TOPP:

Thanks, Jeff. There was nothing warm about the light at sunset yesterday at NAFEC: you might as well call it the Blue Hour. Those two shots have a color temperature in the mid-6000's, and they still look blue to me.

Feb 28, 2014 at 08:26 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3710 #16 · p.3710 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Strike Eagle
Awacs
Razorback

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    400mm    f/6.3    1/640s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    285mm    f/8.0    1/800s    50 ISO    -1.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    180mm    f/9.0    1/250s    50 ISO    0.0 EV  

Feb 28, 2014 at 08:31 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3710 #17 · p.3710 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I've been selected by the editors of See Me as a Featured Creator: they're using my B&W image entitled 'Bow Watch' on the home page for the time being. Don't know how long it'll remain there, but I appreciate the exposure!

https://www.see.me/

The direct link to my profile is: https://stevezimmermann.see.me

Feb 28, 2014 at 09:03 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3710 #18 · p.3710 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
I've been selected by the editors of See Me as a Featured Creator: they're using my B&W image entitled 'Bow Watch' on the home page for the time being. Don't know how long it'll remain there, but I appreciate the exposure!

https://www.see.me/

The direct link to my profile is: https://stevezimmermann.see.me

Congrats and very cool Steve. "Bow Watch" has always been a favorite. Your portfolio is full of very compelling work sir. "Blowing Dust at Ship Rock" just knocks my socks off.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3710 #19 · p.3710 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Thanks, Jeff. There was nothing warm about the light at sunset yesterday at NAFEC: you might as well call it the Blue Hour. Those two shots have a color temperature in the mid-6000's, and they still look blue to me.

Just the wistful eyesight of an old man (me) pulling what I want out of your photography. I looked right past all that blue and was enamored with the pink/purple hues that seem to be reflections of the last rays of light.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:53 PM
JasonMichael

p.3710 #20 · p.3710 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

One comes away from seeing these images of classic planes with the distinct impression that these are some of the most beautifully designed objects around today.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1       2       3              3709      
       3711              4533       4534       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3709      
       3711              4533       4534       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password