FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3704      
       3706              4530       4531       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Colin Giersberg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3705 #1 · p.3705 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Kevin, I am glad that you are here to tell us about this otherwise, we would never have known. Scary story by the way.

Feb 25, 2014 at 05:27 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3705 #2 · p.3705 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Colin Giersberg wrote:
Kevin, I am glad that you are here to tell us about this otherwise, we would never have known. Scary story by the way.

If I can bring myself to find it, I will post the video of the accident. In the early 90's I was on a tv show recounting the accident. It was therapeutic for me to tell about it. Helped mend a lot of relationships I had around that time.

Feb 25, 2014 at 06:02 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3705 #3 · p.3705 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Kevin, I don't doubt that the flashbacks can be pretty powerful still. Glad you survived it. Two of my husband's friends were there that day as well, stationed there, and they were helping with the relief efforts. When the accident happened here last year with Jane Wicker, one of the first things that flashed in my mind was this accident.

kwoodard wrote:
I didn't know that the Frecce Tricolori still flew in airshows. I knew them well in the years surrounding the airshow disaster in 1988 at Ramstein AFB, Germany. Day I almost died, was burned over 95% of my body, thankfully the piece of shrapnel I took to the face bounced a few times and didn't take my head off. When I saw these images, made my heart clench... The pictures were very well captured, it just transported me back to that day.

If you look in the pic below (not mine, found on the web). In the bottom right corner, you
...Show more

(Edit to add a photo for near TOPP)

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM
MMcGrath
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3705 #4 · p.3705 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
We will see
Hey Mark what are the specs of your macbook air?

Off hand

2011 model,
4GB Ram,
256GB SSD
i5 processor

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:56 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3705 #5 · p.3705 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I set off on a road trip to NAF El Centro yesterday and stopped along the Colorado River upstream from Moab to take photos and stretch the Phantom 2's legs a little. I uploaded a little unedited video, but my browser won't play it (just displays "Blocked Plugin"). Does it work for anyone else?

http://www.stevezphoto.us/utah/h36541e58#h36541e58

Feb 25, 2014 at 01:09 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3705 #6 · p.3705 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
I set off on a road trip to NAF El Centro yesterday and stopped along the Colorado River upstream from Moab to take photos and stretch the Phantom 2's legs a little. I uploaded a little unedited video, but my browser won't play it (just displays "Blocked Plugin"). Does it work for anyone else?

Worked well for me Steve. Have a safe and enjoyable trip. I've got my fingers crossed for some vapor and great photo-ops for NAFEC. I'm looking forward to your photographs

Feb 25, 2014 at 01:36 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3705 #7 · p.3705 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The video works for me as well, Steve.

Feb 25, 2014 at 01:59 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3705 #8 · p.3705 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Very kool Steve.

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:00 PM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.3705 #9 · p.3705 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:
J-A it will be in the UK for a month.
Chances are it will do a few shows.

I would guess Eastbourne 14-17 August Dunsfold Wings & Wheels 23-24th Bournemouth and Shoreham (both the 28th-31st but both in aid of RAF charities) and Duxford on 13/14th September (they might fit in Goodwood revival that same weekend) I share JAn-Arie's anxieties as we go abroad on holiday on 5th September and July/August is just packed with UK airshows which will upset the domestic authorities.
Niall

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:30 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3705 #10 · p.3705 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice video Steve! Makes me think I should pack my own Phantom for my forthcoming trip... Do you have a carry case for yours? How do you keep it, in the car?

Feb 25, 2014 at 03:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3705 #11 · p.3705 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

worked for me Steve..nice catch at the end! Is that GoPro on there?

Feb 25, 2014 at 03:52 PM
kwbarnes
• •
p.3705 #12 · p.3705 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Steve, nice video. About that catch...... DON"T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!

Would you stick your hand in a running food processor, or garbage disposal? If the slightest thing goes wrong, (and it will at some point), you will suffer a major injury.

Don't fly, or land, that thing close to you, or anyone else. It is not a toy, and is capable of putting you, or someone else, in the emergency room.

Ken

Feb 25, 2014 at 05:44 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3705 #13 · p.3705 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

kwbarnes wrote:
Steve, nice video. About that catch...... DON"T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!

Would you stick your hand in a running food processor, or garbage disposal? If the slightest thing goes wrong, (and it will at some point), you will suffer a major injury.

Don't fly, or land, that thing close to you, or anyone else. It is not a toy, and is capable of putting you, or someone else, in the emergency room.

Ken

Reminds me of a day in my life as a mechanic in the USAF. I worked the graveyard shift and, after getting help putting the engine in position on a C-141 wing, I was left alone to 'hook it up'. I was usually at the chow hall by 8 am, but 9 am came and no relief. About 10 am the truck came by to tell me the day shift was running short, and the guy to relieve me wasn't coming in.

Appears he went to the garage in his skivvies to break in a new model engine for his control line model airplane. While running the engine during the break-in, he decided to reach over the engine to adjust the carb. While adjusting the carb, he evidently lost track of the orientation of his 'manhood' to the prop. Well, six stitches later his manhood was back together with doctors orders for 3 days off and six months of no "baby making" activities.

Feb 25, 2014 at 07:06 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3705 #14 · p.3705 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

WOW, didn't think about all the whirringg razor blades that weren't in the video. Between KW and Wrie I take away the fact that you shouldn't snatch it out of the sky, or fly it in your skivvies. Lorena Bobbitt comes to mind..

Feb 25, 2014 at 07:51 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3705 #15 · p.3705 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
WOW, didn't think about all the whirringg razor blades that weren't in the video. Between KW and Wrie I take away the fact that you shouldn't snatch it out of the sky, or fly it in your skivvies. Lorena Bobbitt comes to mind..

Or do a bench test with a new high RPM brushless motor with a vario-position prop. All it did was make a hum noise, my buddy couldn't see the prop (spinning around 8000 RPM) and reached through it. A dull thunk noise, a perfect circle of bright red that ringed the floor/walls/ceiling and a nearly severed finger later...he never did it again, and I learned from his mistake.

Feb 25, 2014 at 08:07 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3705 #16 · p.3705 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

LMAO...Ah, a good cut once in a while is good for ya, anything lower then the finger (ouch), NOT !

Feb 25, 2014 at 08:20 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3705 #17 · p.3705 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ouch!

In other news, I appear to have booked a trip to Florida in early April.

Figured somebody had to be at ISAP to watch J-A grinning at all the aeroplanes ;-)

Feb 25, 2014 at 08:49 PM
kwbarnes
• •
p.3705 #18 · p.3705 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I took a photo of someone being loaded into a Life flight helicopter. He had a model sailplane crash about 10 feet in front of him, and he was struck by flying debris.

Luckily there was an ambulance driving down the highway at the time, and they were flagged down. One look at him, and they called for the chopper.

Remember this was a sailplane, no motor, no prop, and still almost lethal. Model aircraft are NOT toys,. and shouldn't be treated as such.

Ken

Feb 25, 2014 at 09:06 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3705 #19 · p.3705 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty...

Feb 25, 2014 at 09:12 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3705 #20 · p.3705 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty...
http://crosswindimages.com/img/s10/v100/p449074180-6.jpg

Is this a Bearcat? Great shot whatever it is.

Feb 25, 2014 at 09:23 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password