Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3699      
       3701              4276       4277       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3700 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Interrupting your regularly scheduled airshow to toot my own horn .

Grades finally posted, and I've got a 3.769 GPA, and managed that A in Chemistry.

Back to your regularly scheduled airplanes

Congratulations Laura! That's great news, way to go! What's next, are you off until the fall semester or will you be taking more classes this summer?

(Edit: Oh no, top of page, and for the 3700th, it should be good. But I don't have much)

Mark

May 08, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3700 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Colin:

Thanks buddy. How are you? I liked that shot too - i dig the in your face stuff...if he only had smoke!

Glenn

May 09, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3700 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thats a great break shot Mark. Its really too bad photos are the only way we're gonna see the blues this year...they are always a highlight for me (and just about everybody else for that matter!)

Glenn

May 09, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3700 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Glenn, I'm fine and I am digging your images. and I am looking forward to more.

May 09, 2013 at 02:09 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3700 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Been in meetings all day, good meetings, but meetings.

Congratulations Laura, you are an amazing Lady. You took a crushing loss and turned it into something very positive. You are an example to us all, well done!

May 09, 2013 at 03:05 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3700 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Now to Zim,

Yes, it's a bit of a brick all configured, but you'll find yourself resting it comfortably on your thigh, then lifting it for your captures. It is an amazing addition to the gear roster. Gone are the frustrating moments of culling images and finding the perfect light/angle, whatever, and it's slightly soft so you continue the search. They are all sharp, just pick the ones that have everything else you want. It seems to run cooler than any Kenyon I've used previously, which is interesting what with all the whiiring going on in those capsules. Being a electro enthusiast, you might want to try out the new battery technology they offer. The battery lasts longer, weighs less and costs three times what the existing one does. I thought about it, and decided I'd rather buy three "old technology" batteries along the way. The unit is more energy efficient, I've spooled it for a couple of hours and the light still indicates there's plenty of juice.

May 09, 2013 at 03:18 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3700 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Now to Glenn, holy cow!! What's left to say? That Bolt looks wet! I have to talk to the builder!! The photographer leaves me absolutely speechless!! The grin on your face must be pretty much continuous!!

May 09, 2013 at 03:22 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3700 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Now to Zim,

Yes, it's a bit of a brick all configured, but you'll find yourself resting it comfortably on your thigh, then lifting it for your captures. It is an amazing addition to the gear roster. Gone are the frustrating moments of culling images and finding the perfect light/angle, whatever, and it's slightly soft so you continue the search. They are all sharp, just pick the ones that have everything else you want. It seems to run cooler than any Kenyon I've used previously, which is interesting what with all the whiiring going on in those capsules. Being a electro
...Show more

I got the (heavy!) Kenyon box at 5pm this afternoon. Immediately spooled it up (which drove our yellow Lab, Lola under the coffee table) and took it in my hands for a test drive around the living room. I *think* I'll be able to pan with it, at least with the lighter 300 f/4 + 1.4x TC. But I won't have a way to attach it to a camera until the B&H box arrives on Friday, kind of frustrating. My weekend plans are to get out in the Remos near sunset and try shooting some stuff as the lights come up, like you did. Then it's coming with me to ISAP next week for a thorough workout.

Is that 'clunk-clunk' noise/vibration it makes when you change directions just something to live with and work around, or is mine possibly a defective unit?

Pardon the lousy iPhone pix...

May 09, 2013 at 03:35 AM
Leviathor
• •
p.3700 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Is that 'clunk-clunk' noise/vibration it makes when you change directions just something to live with and work around, or is mine possibly a defective unit?

Be careful with this, Steve. When rotating the gyro you must let it catch up before reversing directions. Changing directions quickly will bring the gyros to their stops as well (the clunk sound), which adversely wears the gyro's guts.

May 09, 2013 at 03:44 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3700 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Leviathor wrote:
Be careful with this, Steve. When rotating the gyro you must let it catch up before reversing directions. Changing directions quickly will bring the gyros to their stops as well (the clunk sound), which adversely wears the gyro's guts.

Makes sense; I'll be careful!

May 09, 2013 at 03:50 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3700 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"Single axis precession forces at work", now that's funny, Glenn.

Well worth seeing this one again, at any rate: if I were the pilot I'd have that printed large and hung up so fast...

Glenn Watson wrote:

Single axis precession forces at work

http://www.machpointoneaviation.com/img/s8/v76/p1586122136.jpg

May 09, 2013 at 03:55 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3700 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Steve! My joke was referring to using a single axis gyro to capture it, but then I decided it was funnier if it was referring to the prop!

Sometimes I just have to stop shooting and "take it all in"...

Glenn

May 09, 2013 at 04:23 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3700 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Zim,

You can't avoid the clunk sometimes. Generally if the direction change isn't rough, it won't bother the gyro, just try make those transitions as smoothly as possible. When you are setting the unit down or picking it up, just do it smoothly and you'll be fine. They caution users not to subject the unit to abrupt g's and direction changes.

The back seat of a T-6 is quite possibly the most challenging photo platform, so you'll give the 4x4 a work out. I remember the first time someone slid their canopy open unannounced when i was flying the Six, the ensuing whirling dervish scared to doowaditty out of me for a second. Once open, it calms a little, especially with the front canopy closed.

May 09, 2013 at 04:41 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3700 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Probably the first, and last time a formation of Sixes will fly in formation 50 feet above 36L at DFW, what fun! "Smoke On!".......

May 09, 2013 at 04:45 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3700 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I've been jonesin' for a Six lately. Completely impractical, but that never stopped me before...............

May 09, 2013 at 04:49 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3700 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

May 09, 2013 at 04:51 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3700 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

This is about where the adrenaline starts to pump..............

May 09, 2013 at 04:58 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3700 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I can almost smell the old bird, better get a hold of myself!

May 09, 2013 at 05:01 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3700 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Camera Upgrade help ...

Hi guys (& ladies) I currently have a 7D & a 1D4,...im thinking about upgrading the 7D as Im not happy witht he noise & the hit & miss AF.
I shoot Aussie Rules Footbal mostly daytime here but winter days offer low light so AF is a bit of luck...I also shoot Wakeboarding, Warbirds & Motorsport/ Ski Racing Boats ,MotoX & Freestyle MotoX..
The thing I find galling is the inconsistancy of the 7D AF & the 7D IQ especially the noise, when PPing the 7D images I find them less tolerant of PP work,...It does have a Crop advantage but sometimes this is outweighed by the Quality & Inconsistant AF issues.

I also have a pre loved 1D4 & find it really good..

I want another Body & have narrowed it down to the following,
1D3, 1Ds3, 5D3..
I can get a Pre Loved 1D4 here for around $2600/$3000. or...
A 1Ds3 for around $2500/$2800
a 1D3 for around $1500/$2000..
I can buy a new 5D3 for between $2600 /$3200 ..

The 1D3 is only 10mp,...so Im not tto keen on that body, ....
but the 1Ds3 has 20mp FPS is down at 5/6FPS which isnt bad as a number 2 body with the 1D4 able to crank out 10FPS at will..

I know the 5D3 doesnt have the 10FPS, but lateley Ive been trying my 1D4 slow speed drive @ 6FPS & find I can still get a hell of a lot of action at that FPS speed.
Ive heard that the 5D3 AF, especially in average & low light is really good, can anyone confirm this, my two main lenses are a Canon 300F2.8 IS & a Canon L 70-200F2.8 IS II....I also have a 100-400f5.6

I look forward to hearing from someone who has used these cameras.

Al

May 09, 2013 at 06:17 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3700 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
Camera Upgrade help ...

Hi guys (& ladies) I currently have a 7D & a 1D4,...im thinking about upgrading the 7D as Im not happy witht he noise & the hit & miss AF.
I shoot Aussie Rules Footbal mostly daytime here but winter days offer low light so AF is a bit of luck...I also shoot Wakeboarding, Warbirds & Motorsport/ Ski Racing Boats ,MotoX & Freestyle MotoX..
The thing I find galling is the inconsistancy of the 7D AF & the 7D IQ especially the noise, when PPing the 7D images I find them less tolerant of PP work,...It does have a
...Show more

Dear Al:

I sold my 1D4 to buy a 5D3 professionally and lovingly broken-in by Messrs. Zimmerman

While I certainly miss that robust body on the 1D4 and the testosterone rush of shooting with a pro platform, rarely do I feel limited by the 5D3's 6FPS. The 5D3 AF is very close to a duplicate of the AF they put in the 1DX. FWIW, I have a 7D as my back-up camera and I'm getting ready to sell it so I can get a second 5D3. You lose a little reach with the 5D3's full frame sensor when compared to your 1D4 or 7D; however, the IQ is noticeably better to my eye and the lack of noise at high ISO's compared to the 7D is a welcome improvement. If nothing else, you can always buy longer L glass

May 09, 2013 at 06:49 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password