Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3693      
       3695              4396       4397       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3694 #1 · p.3694 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Very nice tribute Rodolfo, you are a kind soul my friend.

Let's just say I have some great role models from whom to learn. I am still young, and rough around the edges, and I often err greatly.

Edit for TOPP, and a graphical tribute to continue the (well-deserved) theme.

Beware The Lightning Within

NIKON D800E    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8 lens    80mm    f/7.1    1/160s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

May 06, 2013 at 06:47 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3694 #2 · p.3694 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:

Thanks for the nice comments...that was an amazing flight. Im nervous before every flight, and especially so with new gear. But trial by fire is the best way to learn right?? That Jan Collmer is an amazing pilot - I think the Extra is controlled by his mind. Andrew is no slouch either - sure is a treat to fly with "pros" that put them selves exactly where you ask and stay there until you tell them to move.

Thought this a was pretty neat looking frame....I love flying with smoke on. half because it looks so awesome, and half
...Show more
--- WOW, WOW & WOW ---

May 06, 2013 at 07:14 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3694 #3 · p.3694 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hi Rodolfo:

Thanks buddy - its been fun trying to learn shoot like all you guys...

Vegas was a hoot! Warner and I ate an Inn N Out Burger every single day and twice one day. Man, a flight to HQ is sounding good for lunch all of a sudden.

Glenn

I'm 20 minutes away and headed that direction Glenn! Should I call in our reservation?

May 06, 2013 at 07:15 PM
Wrei
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3694 #4 · p.3694 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wave 'hi' when you pass the Pendleton exit!

May 06, 2013 at 07:25 PM
dunderwood
• •
p.3694 #5 · p.3694 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yall are really making me wish I didn't have to work late on Friday and Saturday. Weather was nice on Sunday but those Friday shots are gorgeous.

May 06, 2013 at 07:30 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3694 #6 · p.3694 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Max Lucado wrote a book years ago titled, "When God Came Near". It was a work on the phenomenon of Christ coming here to do what only He could do for a fallen world. Max's writings are easy to grasp for people young, or mature in their faith, and they always make you think because they put a somewhat complex and sort of difficult to grasp scenario, into terms that make sense.

We all experience moments when "God Came Near". Some recognize it instantly for what it is, some feel it, but aren't Scripturally/Spiritually adept enough at the time to fully grasp the significance, others, for all kinds of reasons, shake it off or simply ignore the moment.

Sheila and I just went for a long walk this afternoon and took Halle with us. She opted for a shaded stroller replete with a beverage/snack center of sorts and a great view of the gorgeous day rolling by. We were about a mile into the walk, moving at a brisk pace, when from under the canopy Halle began to sing Christian songs. The first was "Standing On The Promises...." word for word, then went into a musical rendition of The Our Father, followed by "He Is Risen" by Paul Overstreet. She didn't skip a beat, and never looked out from under her canopy, completely lost in her impromptu worship. When God Came Near" indeed, I could feel His Breath.

May 06, 2013 at 07:34 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3694 #7 · p.3694 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Let's just say I have some great role models from whom to learn. I am still young, and rough around the edges, and I often err greatly.

Edit for TOPP, and a graphical tribute to continue the (well-deserved) theme.

Formation flying to perfection!

May 06, 2013 at 08:00 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3694 #8 · p.3694 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

May 06, 2013 at 08:01 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3694 #9 · p.3694 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Formation flying to perfection!

Credit goes to the pilot, of course, for doing all the hard work. Hat's off to Steve Zimmerman in this particular case.

May 06, 2013 at 08:34 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3694 #10 · p.3694 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice and crispy Typhoon

May 06, 2013 at 08:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3694 #11 · p.3694 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mark, "luminous" and "three-dimensional" are among my highest compliments for an image of an aircraft in flight. That Typhoon of yours is both.

May 06, 2013 at 08:36 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3694 #12 · p.3694 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

May 06, 2013 at 08:38 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3694 #13 · p.3694 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Rodolfo & J-A,

been messing around with the NIK filters on these last 2 images trying to emulate some of the techniques that Jay uses in his PP. I think I'm on the right tracks.

Mark

May 06, 2013 at 08:39 PM
JamesG
• •
p.3694 #14 · p.3694 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi guys,

Took delivery of a 1DX last week and had my first play with it yesterday at the Abingdon Air & Country Show. A big change from my 1Dmkii, so its going to take a little getting used to. Spent time mainly playing with the different AF modes, if anyone's got any tips with this camera I'm all ears!

The only downers were that I found the sensor is absolutely filthy, with dust even in the viewfinder. Never had a new camera arrive in such a state before. And as it was my first airshow in 10 months, I can't believe how rusty I was.

A few samples from yesterday:

May 06, 2013 at 09:53 PM
Razor17
• •
p.3694 #15 · p.3694 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei wrote:
Lynn, the Corsair and the P-40 Brian posted belong to the Texas Flying Lengends Museum at Ellington Field near Houston.

http://www.texasflyinglegends.org

They also brought an Avenger and an original (um, with a PW engine) Zero A6.

http://eddiewreispix.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v84/p1577368272-4.jpg

Thank you for the intel...

Lynn

May 06, 2013 at 09:55 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3694 #16 · p.3694 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

James,

Looks like you nailed them.

May 06, 2013 at 09:56 PM
jj_glos
• • •
p.3694 #17 · p.3694 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice James, I was there too. Sadly I only had a 7D with a 70-200 and cheap 2.0x TC! We also got there late so not a great position either. Nice day out though!

Abingdon was the only show I went to last year, so 12 months for me

The Fennec "Little Rascal"

Abingdon Airshow 2013 by jj_glos, on Flickr

Edited on May 06, 2013 at 10:17 PM · View previous versions

May 06, 2013 at 09:58 PM
jj_glos
• • •
p.3694 #18 · p.3694 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

and a Harvard as well

May 06, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3694 #19 · p.3694 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JamesG wrote:
And as it was my first airshow in 10 months, I can't believe how rusty I was.

How dare you post such crap here... oh wait.

Gorgeous shots, James. Hard to pick a favorite there since they're all so "rusty", but the first image of the set and the biplanes do seem to slightly nose ahead of the rest IMHO...

May 06, 2013 at 10:06 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3694 #20 · p.3694 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm with Mark James. If that's rusty, we better hold on when you get back in shape.

I don't know if you've seen them, but I've made a number of comments about the 1DX sensor. Mine didn't arrive dirty, but it didn't take too long for it to get that way. The high speed buffer has to have something to do with it. Mine gets filthy in the upper left portion of the images. Some of it is dust, some of it is crud that has been flung from the mirror mechanism. You don't want to see what that sensor looks like at f/16, a gravel road is cleaner. I have formed a habit of cleaning the sensors in my X's once a week. Too much time spent in post if I don't. Much of what I shoot is f/16 to f/22, it's a nightmare. Nikon is dealing with it on the D600 as well, and it doesn't have the buffer the X has so I guess it's just something in the manufacturing process. Other than that, you will love the X, it's dead on and fast.

May 06, 2013 at 10:07 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password