Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3690      
       3692              4345       4346       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3691 #1 · p.3691 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Not unusual for Jan

May 05, 2013 at 08:27 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3691 #2 · p.3691 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2318173/Flying-high-Photographer-captures-different-view-New-Yorks-JFK-airport-takes-skies-shoot-above.html

Jim,

Looks like the guy who took these dusk / night A2Gs over JFK uses a Kenyon gyro going by the plate on the bottom of his camera visible in the pic of him.

That's good stuff, Mark, thanks for the link.

May 05, 2013 at 08:36 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3691 #3 · p.3691 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No worries Steve, knowing you do a lot of A2G, I knew you would appreciate that stuff.

BTW there's guys hiring helos to fly the VFR corridors above LAX & shooting A2As of the heavies on approach beneath them.

May 05, 2013 at 08:41 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3691 #4 · p.3691 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:
No worries Steve, knowing you do a lot of A2G, I knew you would appreciate that stuff.

BTW there's guys hiring helos to fly the VFR corridors above LAX & shooting A2As of the heavies on approach beneath them.

Guys with more money than they know what to do with, clearly.

May 05, 2013 at 09:04 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3691 #5 · p.3691 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yeah - $250 an hour for an R22.

May 05, 2013 at 09:08 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3691 #6 · p.3691 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I spent the morning yesterday at a local car club's monthly 'Coffee and Cars' meet-and-greet in a strip mall parking lot a few miles from my house. The Tesla got a lot of attention, so I didn't get around to see everything that showed up, but these two classics were just down the row from me and I managed to get a couple of detail shots.

May 05, 2013 at 09:08 PM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3691 #7 · p.3691 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

cbrandt wrote:
Was out at the local airport .. thinking I should go back .. the back * garage * door of the Spitfire Hangar was open and there was the most beautiful deep yellow flawless looking Spitfire chocked right at the back door next to two reallllllllllly old cars that I had no idea what they were but were shinin' just like the Spitfire .. couple of spitfires, a p51, old cars, t39, I can't remember everything that in there .. but for sure a Huge Investment ! The owner no longer keeps a crew here .. they fly in ..
...Show more

Is your local airport Easton? If so, do you know the story behind the F104 that is parked in the grass that you can see from Rt 50? I noticed it on my way back from Assateague this afternoon.

Thanks,
Gero

May 05, 2013 at 09:09 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3691 #8 · p.3691 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks for the nice comments...that was an amazing flight. Im nervous before every flight, and especially so with new gear. But trial by fire is the best way to learn right?? That Jan Collmer is an amazing pilot - I think the Extra is controlled by his mind. Andrew is no slouch either - sure is a treat to fly with "pros" that put them selves exactly where you ask and stay there until you tell them to move.

Thought this a was pretty neat looking frame....I love flying with smoke on. half because it looks so awesome, and half because you get to say "smoke on" all the time

Glenn

May 05, 2013 at 09:14 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3691 #9 · p.3691 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Thought this a was pretty neat looking frame....I love flying with smoke on. half because it looks so awesome, and half because you get to say "smoke on" all the time

Glenn

I'll say! One of my favorites of yours, Glenn.

May 05, 2013 at 09:40 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3691 #10 · p.3691 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm with Steve, 'specially if you get that Beech out of the way...........

May 05, 2013 at 09:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3691 #11 · p.3691 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The Tesla looks good with all the other beauties Steve! That black one that snuck up on me yesterday was breathtaking.

May 05, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3691 #12 · p.3691 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice JW! Has that B25 feel now doesn't it ?

I love the returning to base photos the most...

Glenn

May 05, 2013 at 10:11 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3691 #13 · p.3691 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That is exactly why a harness is a great idea, I would have fallen out of the 36 trying to get it out of the way, and you know, bad stuff happens when you start sticking things out in the slip stream......................

May 05, 2013 at 10:12 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3691 #14 · p.3691 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Nice JW! Has that B25 feel now doesn't it ?

I love the returning to base photos the most...

Glenn

And how could you not, with Jan tucked in close and perfect framing.

I'm just glad I don't have to put together your portfolio, Glenn: what would you leave out?

May 05, 2013 at 10:16 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3691 #15 · p.3691 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh Glenn! I don't know about the B25 feeling, but they definitely have the "Watson" feeling. I have a new Citation XL to shoot, from, and this will surprise you I'm sure, the 25. We're going to use The Hill Country as a backdrop. I can't be in two places at one time, and I seem to lose too much blood changing vantage points , I'll keep you posted on the schedule. I may be bringing a new Lear 60 and a G550 as well. I've cleared it with the client to bring one additional photographer with me, and at the risk of being outshot, you would be my pick. I will probably just come down for the weekend and have the jets come sequentially for sunsets as long as the wx holds. We can eat BBQ in between!

May 05, 2013 at 10:23 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3691 #16 · p.3691 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
And how could you not, with Jan tucked in close and perfect framing.

I'm just glad I don't have to put together your portfolio, Glenn: what would you leave out?

He certainly has come into his own hasn't he?!

May 05, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Mrussfoto

p.3691 #17 · p.3691 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Absolutely amazing photography from Glenn. Kinda takes your breath.

May 05, 2013 at 11:05 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3691 #18 · p.3691 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

This was designed before we worried much about a few degrees in temperature variation, in fact, the temperatures were known to rise precipitously behind a few of these..............

May 05, 2013 at 11:10 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3691 #19 · p.3691 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

gerov wrote:
Is your local airport Easton? If so, do you know the story behind the F104 that is parked in the grass that you can see from Rt 50? I noticed it on my way back from Assateague this afternoon.

Thanks,
Gero

It is Gero .. You should of waved - I got up late and went to a car show in town which was pretty good / alot of new cars & trucks that haven't been in the area car shows before.

That is the F104 that came down over the Holidays outside of town .. heck of a mess

It used to belong to the guy who owns the planes and cars in the Spitfire hangar .. he donated it to the airport .. not flyable .. flaps have tabs in them to keep folks from cutting fingers off playin' round with it, engine is gone ....... the airport, someday when it gets a windfall, wants to put it on a pedestal rather than leave it in the corner of the ramp.

I got out to the airport to late as usual .. they had a beautiful Gulfstream G1 and a Hawker on site side by side the past couple of days .. just knew they'd be leaving this morning as I slept in .........

May 05, 2013 at 11:32 PM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3691 #20 · p.3691 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Next time I'll have to stop by and look at it. Is it accessible to visitors?

May 05, 2013 at 11:46 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password