Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3682      
       3684              4394       4395       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3683 #1 · p.3683 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Belated Happy Birthday Jim,

Which one you wanna fly ?
Sorry for the crappy point and shoot quality.
Got one of the Lear/Citation's in the shed that they're still looking for parts for, I guess on of 8 made.

We made the dash panel.

May 01, 2013 at 03:55 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3683 #2 · p.3683 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy belated birthday Jim!

It's good to be back after a month-long self-imposed break from media in general with the exception of work related emails.

I'm about 55 pages behind but hope to be caught up in a couple of days.

May 01, 2013 at 05:29 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3683 #3 · p.3683 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Leo Hursh wrote:
self-imposed break from media in general

I can imagine that might be good for the soul!

May 01, 2013 at 05:54 PM
Jon Uhler
• • • •
p.3683 #4 · p.3683 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:

http://crosswindimages.com/img/s9/v86/p1570003124-5.jpg

My fav of yours....

May 01, 2013 at 07:18 PM
david russell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3683 #5 · p.3683 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hi Steve:
Cool word Phalanx - I had to look it up. I've seen at least 2 model S's in Austin lately - pretty dang sweet looking!

Glenn

...and I can report that they are pretty sweet driving too.....thanks to our friend Steve..... pretty sweet indeed

May 01, 2013 at 07:20 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3683 #6 · p.3683 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

david russell wrote:
...and I can report that they are pretty sweet driving too.....thanks to our friend Steve..... pretty sweet indeed

Driving the Model S has spoiled me for anything with a gas engine, I don't care how sweet a ride I would have considered it a year ago. The S is so darn quiet and the application of power is so quick and smooth and...well, powerful: no muss, no fuss: just GO. Merging onto the highway? Marginal passing opportunity? First in line at a stoplight? It makes me smile just to think about it. WIth only one forward gear, instant throttle response and full torque at zero rpm, you merely think about what you want to do and the car just does it, like right now.

If you're not looking to buy a new car, here's my advice: don't, under any circumstances, allow yourself to take a test drive in a Model S. You'll be lost if you do.

May 01, 2013 at 07:53 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3683 #7 · p.3683 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Driving the Model S has spoiled me for anything with a gas engine, I don't care how sweet a ride I would have considered it a year ago. [...]

If you're not looking to buy a new car, here's my advice: don't, under any circumstances, allow yourself to take a test drive in a Model S. You'll be lost if you do.

Agreed on all points. It's that good, maybe even better.

May 01, 2013 at 07:57 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3683 #8 · p.3683 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Oh yeah, and I found this neat parking space that is pretty much always vacant. I figured that there's not a Tesla closer than Miami or Colorado and I'm pretty sure my Landcruiser has electricity in it.........................

Like Steve, I see no real reason to favor EV's with preferential parking unless it's a political statement that EV's are cleaner and the local politics want to encourage that with a perk. If it has been so marked, however, you may be subject to some stiff fines for parking there, so I'd check on that to be sure before using it.

Also as Steve noted, it's different when that parking spot has a charger in it... then please, don't ICE it because someone will probably need it. That's our "gas station" and we all know not to block the pumps, right? The number of electric cars and plug-in hybrids that need those chargers is growing quickly.

May 01, 2013 at 08:06 PM
J Mosher
• •
p.3683 #9 · p.3683 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:

http://crosswindimages.com/img/s9/v86/p1570003124-5.jpg

Jay,

I love this image. Simplicity and the use of shallow depth of field really work. Great shot!

JM

May 01, 2013 at 08:45 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3683 #10 · p.3683 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Driving the Model S has spoiled me for anything with a gas engine, I don't care how sweet a ride I would have considered it a year ago. The S is so darn quiet and the application of power is so quick and smooth and...well, powerful: no muss, no fuss: just GO. Merging onto the highway? Marginal passing opportunity? First in line at a stoplight? It makes me smile just to think about it. WIth only one forward gear, instant throttle response and full torque at zero rpm, you merely think about what you want to do and the car
...Show more

No matter how good an electric car is, it can't beat the smell of burning petrol.

May 01, 2013 at 09:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

bobl
• • • •
p.3683 #11 · p.3683 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I saw my buddy David at the Post Office the other day. He has two Teslas, a roadster and a new Model S. I asked, "So, how's the new ride treatin' ya?" He responded, with tongue firmly planted in his cheek, "Terrible. Just ghastly!"

May 01, 2013 at 09:26 PM
went
• • •
p.3683 #12 · p.3683 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Back on Terra Firm'a
Thanks guys for the kind words, the Omaka Air Show is held bi-annually as occurs with Wanaka, & therefore the next one is in 2015, and was actually more impressive than Wanaka especially for Gold Pass holders and the service could not have been more friendly.
enjoy

went 2013

went 2013

went 2013

went 2013

went 2013

May 01, 2013 at 09:29 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3683 #13 · p.3683 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:
No matter how good an electric car is, it can't beat the smell of burning petrol.

How does that old joke go? In order for something to qualify as a hobby for guys, it has to a) cost a lot of money, b) make a lot of noise and c) burn a lot of gas.

Well, that's going to change within our lifetimes, though maybe not completely. I admit the sensory 'cocktail' is different with an EV, but there's more to driving than engine noise and the smell of exhaust. Besides, when you drift an S you can hear the tires squeal so much more clearly...

Edited on May 01, 2013 at 09:59 PM · View previous versions

May 01, 2013 at 09:40 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3683 #14 · p.3683 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Back to some aerials from AZ. This is a formation in the Painted Desert not too far from Winslow.

May 01, 2013 at 09:45 PM
Angry
• • •
p.3683 #15 · p.3683 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sorry for the Delay...

Happy Birthday Jim,....from DownUnder !!!

Thinking about more of those Violet Crumble Bars,.... birthday boy ?

All the best .

AL

May 01, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Angry
• • •
p.3683 #16 · p.3683 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
I'll take a stab at this before Rodolfo jumps in.

If that parking space is just an ordinary space with a 'electric vehicles only' sign, I'd only be mildly annoyed to find it "ICE'd" (that's what we electric car owners call it when an internal combustion engine vehicle parks in a spot designated for EV's) because I see no particular reason why EV's should be favored when it comes to parking. If they are favored, it's because the local political jurisdiction (or the lot's owner) wants to promote EV's.

If, however, a designated EV parking space is outfitted with a charging
...Show more

Steve, I ahve a biger bugbear, my wife is virtually confined to a wheelchair these days,....you should try getting a disabled parking spot cause you HAVE to unload a wheelchair for access....

Dunno about in the US but here it seems that in a few places Stupidity is considered a disability...

Al

May 01, 2013 at 11:24 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3683 #17 · p.3683 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

In Washington DC, it's considered a Job Requirement...

May 01, 2013 at 11:36 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3683 #18 · p.3683 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
In Washington DC, it's considered a Job Requirement...

*rim shot*

May 01, 2013 at 11:57 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3683 #19 · p.3683 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A late spring snowstorm spells trouble for the tulips. Makes for a nice photo, though.

May 01, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3683 #20 · p.3683 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

For the sportscar fans,

http://www.6speedonline.com/articles/2013-audi-r18-e-tron-testing/

Makes a Grand-Am Daytona Prototype look like something Fred Flintstone mobile.

May 02, 2013 at 12:59 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password