Upload & Sell: Off
Adding to the full-disk tutorial:
1. Radial engines turn slower than other engines, whether piston or turbine.
2. The more prop blades, the easier it is to get a full disk (T-6 engines swing only a two-blade prop, while a P-47 engine, which turns at similar rpm's, has a four-blade prop).
3. Takeoff is easier than landing or a photo pass (because engine rpm is higher).
4. Shooting with the sun behind you (or at least on your side of the subject) makes the prop disk more visible; c.f. Glenn's splendid example at the top of this page.
5. If you want a...Show more →
I would throw a caveat on #1 regarding radials: Gear Reduction or Direct Drive?