Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3642      
       3644              4395       4396       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

cbrandt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3643 #1 · p.3643 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Razor17 wrote:
A few more...

twin Razor ........

Spitfire Mk. XIVe serial RN201

Edited on Apr 07, 2013 at 09:17 PM · View previous versions

Apr 06, 2013 at 01:36 AM
J Mosher
• •
p.3643 #2 · p.3643 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

In memoriam of my favorite airshow, Aviation Nation Nellis AFB.

Apr 06, 2013 at 02:16 AM
Zane Adams
• •
p.3643 #3 · p.3643 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Love the Spitfire "RTB" shot!

Apr 06, 2013 at 02:16 AM
Tim Adams
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3643 #4 · p.3643 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

New binders for the Camaro. Had the V8 brakes put on my V6 with aftermarket rotors.

Apr 06, 2013 at 03:34 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3643 #5 · p.3643 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nice, personally would have gone with bigger rotors, gotta fill up that rim ala ferrari 458

For the MotoGP contingent, here's a gallery of the latest shots from the Qatar GP under the lights.

http://www.motogp.com/en/photos/latest+photos

Apr 06, 2013 at 03:57 AM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3643 #6 · p.3643 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
nice, personally would have gone with bigger rotors, gotta fill up that rim ala ferrari 458

For the MotoGP contingent, here's a gallery of the latest shots from the Qatar GP under the lights.

http://www.motogp.com/en/photos/latest+photos

That is as big as they make them. Even at that you have to be very careful with the back spacing on wheels to clear the calipers.

Apr 06, 2013 at 04:01 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3643 #7 · p.3643 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A few more from the past, departing Breckenridge, Texas for Reno..

Stewart Dawson and Howard Pardue (RIP)

Nelson Ezell departing in Howard's Seafury

Howard's Departure

Apr 06, 2013 at 04:02 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3643 #8 · p.3643 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Cool sequence Lynn.

Apr 06, 2013 at 04:17 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3643 #9 · p.3643 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Adams wrote:
That is as big as they make them. Even at that you have to be very careful with the back spacing on wheels to clear the calipers.

Well that's not so much fun. Looking at the spokes it makes sense I suppose. The brakes on our EVO fill the wheels pretty nice (not as much as a 458, but the 458 has a lot more wheel to work with too)

Apr 06, 2013 at 04:20 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3643 #10 · p.3643 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh, yeah: Jay and I will go out tomorrow over the red rock country around Page and see how many flash cards we can fill with four cameras between us. Today I flew down to Chandler from my home in Colorado. It should have been a milk run, but yesterday's benign conditions gave way to a whole heap of wind. It was a headwind, of course: 30-40 mph on the nose most of the way down, with the GPS occasionally claiming peak headwinds of up to 80 mph. We'll take that with a grain of salt, thanks, but there's no denying that a flight which should have taken less than six hours tallied nearly eight hours on the Hobbs. I got beat up pretty badly by turbulence, too, at times; not to mention having to cross a number of high ridges against the wind in rotor turbulence and wave.

Not an ideal day to open the door and shoot air-to-ground but, hey, do you want the shot or not? I came across these colorful mudstones in eastern AZ, miles from anywhere.

Apr 06, 2013 at 05:36 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3643 #11 · p.3643 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh Boy Zim! Been there, done that, minus the high ridges which would give me a pucker factor off the charts. Hope the rest of the weekend goes wonderfully!

Apr 06, 2013 at 01:25 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3643 #12 · p.3643 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mark's tip on the Movi 3 axis gimbal led me on a merry chase through all the UAV products that are out there. The footage some of those people get is incredible, but I have a problem getting fired up to spend ten or twelve grand on gear, then hang another ten from that, and spend on batteries and my skills with joysticks to keep it all from ending up in a pile of rubble.

Apr 06, 2013 at 02:14 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3643 #13 · p.3643 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Those wheels and calipers look great on your ride Tim.

Apr 06, 2013 at 06:10 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3643 #14 · p.3643 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zim, I think I found myself in that area of eastern AZ years ago, on the ground. Interesting colors and topography.

Apr 06, 2013 at 06:11 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3643 #15 · p.3643 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I've got an assignment to shoot a new bridge in Dallas this evening. It's one I have been wanting to shoot for stock, but I waited long enough that someone is going to pay me to shoot stock.........um, better yet! Problem is, I have to be standing in the absolute worst area of the city at dusk and after. Let's see, white guy, standing in the dark, looking through a camera, with thousands of dollars of gear all around him. I think if you wiki that you would see a photo of a sitting duck. That's one of those situations where a CHL gives you some tiny illusion of security, but it's only an illusion.

Apr 06, 2013 at 06:18 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3643 #16 · p.3643 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Off to the wakeboard park for an "air" competition this afternoon. Then downtown for the aforementioned architectural shoot. "Film at 11......."

Can hardly wait to see what Jay and Zim show us. Can you imagine that talent, four camera bodies and a bunch of cards, in some of the most scenic landscape in the US. I'm just going to drop my jaw now and leave it there.

Apr 06, 2013 at 06:22 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3643 #17 · p.3643 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I've got an assignment to shoot a new bridge in Dallas this evening. It's one I have been wanting to shoot for stock, but I waited long enough that someone is going to pay me to shoot stock.........um, better yet! Problem is, I have to be standing in the absolute worst area of the city at dusk and after. Let's see, white guy, standing in the dark, looking through a camera, with thousands of dollars of gear all around him. I think if you wiki that you would see a photo of a sitting duck. That's one of those situations
...Show more

You're going to be too busy to watch your back, Jim. Bring someone along, someone who also has a CHL.

I just got finished shooting the Mogollon Rim and Meteor Crater, along with a herd of elk and some interesting terrain in between. Jay and I parted company at KCHD this morning and will regroup in Page later today.

Apr 06, 2013 at 07:14 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3643 #18 · p.3643 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Pretty nice out here in Md, so I thought I'd go out to the local field to practice panning .. that didn't work out to good as I should of brought the 80-400mm, but I found some stuff to share ..

The first two are of a twin Commanche out of De, with a fun LLC - Plane Fun, LLC, the pilot / owner came out and asked about my camera / lens and if I was shooting for a magazine - camera was the rock solid D300s with the 70-200mm, so we're not talking aerial shots anyway - but his thinking I'm sure was if I were with a magazine, then his twin Commanche, which is quite old with the tip tanks - updated for todays specs was previously owned by F. Lee Bailey - nice bit of history.

The local Pilatus came in range, but my panning skills suck. As also on the T-28 which was directed to a runway 3/4 of a mile away and he was airborne midfield so that was a miss too ..

The Falcon is also a local bird and used up the runway so had to pass in front of the peanut gallery to head back to the barn.

There was a great looking Army Chinoock but it was parked behind the tower for some reason .. came in yesterday - did some training this morning and came back and parked -- no sign of crew .. thinking I'm gonna have to get up tomorrow and wander out there by 0800 to see if I can catch it.

Apr 06, 2013 at 10:21 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3643 #19 · p.3643 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Those Falcon 10's are disappearing form the fleet due to age. They are a cool little jet. The first ten were basically hand made, which makes parts a little tough sometimes. The first ten are faster than the rest of the fleet though.

Apr 07, 2013 at 02:59 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3643 #20 · p.3643 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Fresh off the press. Risking life and limb was well worth this image. The D800 and this scene were a match made in heaven. Didn't even think about pulling the 1DX's out of the bag. Could be my favorite image of 2013...........

Apr 07, 2013 at 03:47 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password