Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3637      
       3639              4309       4310       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3638 #1 · p.3638 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Talk about your 32 coats of hand rubbed lacquer..............................

Apr 03, 2013 at 02:23 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3638 #2 · p.3638 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Actually, that's another interesting story. When I bid these projects it's always a good idea to remind them, subtly, that I have three decades of experience working in and around these aircraft. A few years ago I lost an assignment to a guy who bid the job for $1,500 less. I ended up shooting the project after he attempted it,the client lost interest in the low bid after the photographer melted a window on a new GIV. Turns out, at $27,500 plus install, low bid was not really "low bid". One tripod leg bump on a section of that hand rubbed cabinet of pure unobtainium, one poorly placed bulb, one slip of any proportion and the tens of thousands roll up in the blink of an eye. That's not even considering the cost of delaying the delivery of the aircraft, the thought of it makes me weak in the knees.

Apr 03, 2013 at 02:41 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3638 #3 · p.3638 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great image Mikko. Think of the texture in that shot at sunset!

Apr 03, 2013 at 02:42 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3638 #4 · p.3638 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I like those Interior shots very much Jim, the only thing i sometimes don't get is why everything has to be gold plated I know that those clients have enough money and most important It's their money but i think it sometimes a little obvious.
(you don't have to react to this post if you don't want to because client costumer relations ship etc ).

But do you know? how is the sound level inside when flying something like that, is it the same like on a airliner or is it more sound proofed?
Just curious should be very nice to fly in or on one of these.

Apr 03, 2013 at 02:51 PM
mmniemi
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3638 #5 · p.3638 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Great image Mikko. Think of the texture in that shot at sunset!

Thanks

Yeah, it would be sweet. Just on the short sweet spot when the sun illuminates only the highest points of the rough surface. Darn, I need to find a plane to shoot!

Mikko

Apr 03, 2013 at 02:59 PM
mmniemi
• • •
p.3638 #6 · p.3638 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just have to admire your work, Jim. How many lights do you have need for that long interior?

Mikko

Apr 03, 2013 at 03:02 PM
mmniemi
• • •
p.3638 #7 · p.3638 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

One more...

I love this photo for many reasons...

Mikko

Edited on Apr 03, 2013 at 04:19 PM · View previous versions

Apr 03, 2013 at 04:10 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3638 #8 · p.3638 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
the only thing i sometimes don't get is why everything has to be gold plated

Yeah no kidding! I hate gold, it would have to be silver plated for me. Just while I'm speccing up my G3...

Apr 03, 2013 at 04:10 PM
bobl
• • • •
p.3638 #9 · p.3638 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It's not always easy if you have too much light...

Pretty easy to expose to the right, though

Apr 03, 2013 at 05:13 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3638 #10 · p.3638 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Oh I can go one better than that Zim. A certain Saudi Potentate had his Airbus buckles engraved with his family crest, in platinum with gold plating. Now were way past the 1% and well into the .001%. Nice to have those names on the client list! And, even nicer to get some of my gas money back, well, all of it........come to think of it, all of it that I've ever spent....um, and probably ever will.

"What does this button do?".................................

Great images Jim. I'm loving these .001% guys/gals. A large group of terrific craftsman and aviation industry folks are able to put food on their respective tables because these .001%'s are spending. I see this business transaction as the proven and preferred "trickle-down" economics. Much better than the "wealth re-distribution" ideology being promoted by some. Why do Federal dollars to fund Solyndra type boondoggles seem appropriate, but allowing tax incentives for business aircraft is seen as inappropriate? Besides their actual corporations, these .001%'s employ a bunch of people through their purchases.

Whoops, I got on my soap box without a note from my mother. Back to our regular programing

BTW, does this particular Gulfstream have a heads-up display for the left seat? Thanks for sharing the images and information.

Apr 03, 2013 at 05:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeff W.
• • •
p.3638 #11 · p.3638 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

For my MA2A brothers and sisters using Adobe Photoshop CS6, there are some interesting presets and options available for both still and video that you might find helpful. Follow this link to watch a short video that gives a general overview of these presets/options.

I hope you find this helpful. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW1I_U9bs9Y

Apr 03, 2013 at 06:36 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3638 #12 · p.3638 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"Fly Circus"

Apr 03, 2013 at 06:47 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3638 #13 · p.3638 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The light gets better and better Mikko!

Jan Arie, I have no problem commenting on the gold, it wouldn't be my choice, but then they never ask me I don't have gold in the Cub....., but the Cub is gold..sort of.

Jeff, Yes Sir, those types of questions go unanswered, because the answers would make way too much sense. They are supplanted by sentences like, "We need to pass this so you we can know what's in it...", and "unemployment compensation creates millions of jobs.." And, we need to pay for birth control for women who are needing more often than their budgets allow.... I am getting used to the feeling that I am living in an alternate reality.

The answer about the number of lights in the tube is "a bunch", and color filtration, and wattages, and hidden cords.

Apr 03, 2013 at 07:04 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.3638 #14 · p.3638 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I guess I get to post one in this thread, too, even though it's just Mustang ground to ground.

Apr 03, 2013 at 08:43 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3638 #15 · p.3638 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey PB welcome great opener with ain't Misbehaving.
The best thread on the net regarding aviation air to air ships cars nature we have it all.
Post some more if you have them always a joy to look at somebody's work your always welcome.

Apr 03, 2013 at 09:02 PM
Razor17
• •
p.3638 #16 · p.3638 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zane Adams wrote:
I have been a fan of the P-51 for my whole life. My dad worked at North American during WWII and always talked about the Mustang with a mystical air to his voice. This flight was a true blessing from out of the blue. The idea was hatched a year ago.

The flight was amazing. The sound, smell and feel of the airplane is indeed special. The view in the Collings TP-51C rear seat is not all that good looking forward. But who cares! The airplane is smooth and docile feeling when you are just cursing along. But it
...Show more

Well done Zane, didn't it feel like flying in a tube sitting in the back seat? Its a different feeling than being in the back of a D Model. It would be a great effort if you had to bail...

Lynn

Apr 03, 2013 at 09:03 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3638 #17 · p.3638 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Emirates after sun down

Apr 03, 2013 at 09:31 PM
russ925

p.3638 #18 · p.3638 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Shots from recent visit to Cradle of Aviation, Garden City NY.

Cradle of Aviation by russ925, on Flickr

Vistor Center Atrium by russ925, on Flickr

Apr 03, 2013 at 09:53 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3638 #19 · p.3638 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A mile of road will take you a mile.
A mile of runway can take you anywhere...

Apr 03, 2013 at 10:12 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3638 #20 · p.3638 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
The "civilized" way to be conveyed......................

Is that another shot from the new photo ship you were talking about?

Apr 03, 2013 at 10:28 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password