Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3625      
       3627              4286       4287       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3626 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Last call invitation to join me on a p51 air to air april 6th in California....base out of San Carlos and shoot in Watsonville/Hollister area....pm me for details if anybody wants to come along..

picture this, but a Mustang..

Glenn

Mar 28, 2013 at 04:55 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3626 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sound like a great opportunity Glenn. Wish I could get over there...

Preparing To Commit Aviation

Mar 28, 2013 at 06:55 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3626 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Awww that's a wonderful image Jay! Fun day wasn't it!

Mar 28, 2013 at 06:59 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3626 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wish I could join you Glenn, but I'm back on the GV that week. (Fully understanding that no sympathy will be rendered for my previous statement.)

Mar 28, 2013 at 07:02 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3626 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Awww that's a wonderful image Jay! Fun day wasn't it!

Indeed it was!

Mar 28, 2013 at 07:03 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3626 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And will be again!

Just sent the ISAP board a note on our GMail account letting them know, officially, that I cannot see a scenario that would allow me to attend our symposium in Seattle. I feel bad because I enjoy being with you during those gatherings, and we've put so many hours of work into nailing this one down, I'd enjoy watching everyone enjoy the fruits of our labor.

On the side of reality, when you have folks who value your product enough to spend 10K an hour zipping you around to where you're needed, well, ya really don't want to break that stride.

Mar 28, 2013 at 07:21 PM
J_Glowacki
• •
p.3626 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great State of Maine Airshow fell yesterday as well............

Mar 28, 2013 at 08:12 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3626 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Last call invitation to join me on a p51 air to air april 6th in California....base out of San Carlos and shoot in Watsonville/Hollister area....pm me for details if anybody wants to come along..

Glenn

Best man at a wedding, or a Mustang......... man life just hands ya stuff at crazy times

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:01 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3626 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Following the cancellation of Aviation Nation, I think it's a fairly safe bet to assume that the Thunderbirds are done for the year.

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:55 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3626 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Alot of amazing work here for some time, but I really do like how your A2A's turned out MIKKO !!! Guess it's the endless snow covered background that reminds me of ND / my home state -- and an uncle who rode shotgun when hunting all of the time for fox and coyote ..... we're talking early 60's

they'd throw them in behind the seat and be covered in fleas when they got home .. then one day the inevitiable ....... heard a noise and turned around and 1 fox was not ...... dead .. so they put a frame on the wings that had big nail spikes pointing up .... Obert would shoot, ole Charlie Crawford would land and they'd put that nail up thru the foxes - coyotes lower jaw and take off .. I'm told those carcasses would be frozen straight out

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jcmedeiros
• • •
p.3626 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

For 2013 The Thunderbirds are done.

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3626 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Sami / neighbor .. I'm in Easton, and so are those planes in the Spitfire Hangar I imagine at the Easton Airport.

I believe the same gentleman who owns that plane owns these .....

I understand his Mustang P51 was going thru extensive maintenance when these shots were taken last year at the Easton Airport Day October of 2012 so it didn't fly.

Not sure if there will be a 2013 Easton Airport Day .. all depends on if the YAKS are offered incentive ( fuel ) to attend I think ...... it was iffy last year but went off without a hitch !

This year plans are for the HOT AIR BALLOONS that were held same time last year at the airport, to be held on Mistletoe Drive or Lane .. anyway hoping that the gentleman who's done the Preakness Hot Air Balloons for last 20 years will organize it for the Paramedics this year with assistance .. be in August .. a Friday glow and Saturday morning lift off.

Give a shout if your ever coming this way .. I shoot wildlife thru aviation when i can find it thru events, yadda yadda with Nikon 50mm thru 600mm

Curt

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM
RobMoser
• • •
p.3626 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

jcmedeiros wrote:
For 2013 The Thunderbirds are done.

Interesting, Alliance is not on the cancelled list.

Rob

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3626 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

My Moto GP tickets arrived today!
And they released a preliminary schedule: http://circuitoftheamericas.com/images/pdfs/schedule.pdf

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM
J_Glowacki
• •
p.3626 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

RobMoser wrote:
Interesting, Alliance is not on the cancelled list.

Rob

The Blue Angels are scheduled for Alliance this year......

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3626 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
you know, it's strange. The Blue Angels originally made an announcement similar to the Thunderbirds that they were grounded for the season, then have come back and said that they have heard no word, and currently still show themselves with a nearly full show schedule (including Alliance). There's definitely quite a few "AIRSHOW CANCELLED" designations in their schedule, but according to this they're still going to Bagotville, Quebec...I'm at a loss. But once we see if they're still attending some of the show dates I might just have to pull the trigger and book my flights for Alliance.

The Blues are on record as saying they were initially going to cancel month-by-month, hoping some of their season might be saved by a budget deal. Not sure at what point they'll decide to throw in the towel and cancel the season.

I know the MD ANG A-10's out of Martin State Airport had their flying hours restored after expecting to lose them all. But it looks like they will be flying without a tower.

That Me-262/Mustang flyby photo reminded me of John Fitch. I had posted a photo of him and me a couple of years ago, and I know several folks here remembered his racing career. I had read that he was credited with shooting down an Me-262 with his Mustang in 1944. John died this past October 31.

Found this interesting list of USAF victories over Me-262's. Much longer than I expected (4 pages):
http://www.afhra.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-100315-020.pdf

According to this, Fitch was in a P-47. Chuck Yeager is on the list too.

Mark

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3626 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Wish I could join you Glenn, but I'm back on the GV that week. (Fully understanding that no sympathy will be rendered for my previous statement.)

yeah I really feel for you!

I'm a little surprised nobody is interested but i understand - P51 Mustangs arent THAT cool!

Mar 29, 2013 at 01:31 AM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3626 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn,
Oh - I'm interested, it's just that my chances of doing it are a whopping 0.000000000000001%

Hope someone signs up for it.

Gero

Mar 29, 2013 at 01:35 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3626 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Collings B-17

Mar 29, 2013 at 03:12 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3626 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Buddy, if no one can make it, it just means you'll be grinning up there all by yourself, creating Watson originals. There's nothing wrong with that scenario.....no one to break your concentration. Best of luck, looking forward to the images.

Mar 29, 2013 at 03:45 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password