• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3623 #1 · p.3623 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dec 09, 2013 at 04:36 AM
Jeff W.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3623 #2 · p.3623 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Love that angle on the Strike Eagle Bill. Nice work, especially considering the iffy conditions you had today.

Dec 09, 2013 at 04:44 AM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3623 #3 · p.3623 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Yes, that's the one I have. Both heads you've shown have the same knobs, except for the extra panning stage on the clamp of the first one. The only knob you use routinely is the big one: it locks down the ball completely. The first little knob sets the drag on the ball when the big knob is loosened; you normally set that the way you like it and leave it alone after that. The really cool thing about that knob is that you can't adjust it when the big knob is locked, so you can't have any nasty surprises
...Show more

For what it is worth, I have exactly the same RRS head and legs as Steve. It is rock solid and the build quality is second to none.

Dec 09, 2013 at 04:46 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3623 #4 · p.3623 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
For what it is worth, I have exactly the same RRS head and legs as Steve. It is rock solid and the build quality is second to none.

Not too surprising, since it was your recommendation that convinced me to buy mine.

Dec 09, 2013 at 05:06 AM
mrkyle
• • •
p.3623 #5 · p.3623 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

southpaw8669 wrote:

Fantastic B/W treatment. +1 like from me.

Dec 09, 2013 at 01:31 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3623 #6 · p.3623 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

mrkyle wrote:
Fantastic B/W treatment. +1 like from me.

Absolutely!

This shot highlights a pair of dimples on either side of the nose, below the painted stripe: any idea what's hiding behind them?

Dec 09, 2013 at 02:50 PM
Ryan Harris
• •
p.3623 #7 · p.3623 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I may not be seeing the same thing Steve, but I think it may be the reflection of the engine nacelles you're seeing.

Dec 09, 2013 at 03:49 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3623 #8 · p.3623 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's what I see

Dec 09, 2013 at 04:15 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3623 #9 · p.3623 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Single row panos require only one axis of 'nodal point' adjustment, fore-and-aft. Multi-row panos require that you be able to adjust the entire camera/lens combination, in pitch, about the nodal point as well. Mine is the single-row kind: it's just a slider on top of a panning stage and clamp, so you can adjust the camera/lens fore and aft. It also has a spirit level at one end of the slider and another on the panning stage: the spirit level on the ballhead's clamp is obscured by the pano clamp but otherwise the two are redundant.

By the way, using the
...Show more

I also have an old Nodal Ninja 2-axis pano head, but it's only suitable for lighter equipment, for instance a Rebel with a kit lens...or an OM-1.

Dec 09, 2013 at 04:23 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3623 #10 · p.3623 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ryan Harris wrote:
I may not be seeing the same thing Steve, but I think it may be the reflection of the engine nacelles you're seeing.

Doh! Of course...

[edit for TOPP: something from my 2014 photo calendar, "The Aerial Perspective": a chunk of central Wyoming]

stereo-X pair, central Wyoming

Edited on Dec 09, 2013 at 05:34 PM · View previous versions

Dec 09, 2013 at 04:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3623 #11 · p.3623 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Back to bed Zim.......

Dec 09, 2013 at 04:58 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3623 #12 · p.3623 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Dear Nick,

You took the high road, which I would have bet on. That's the state of photography everywhere, maybe not to the degree you see it there at home, but digital has ushered in a sloppiness to the capture phase of photography, much the way texting has murdered grammar and punctuation, only in our trade the thought is "I can fix it later."

I've never understood what wins in these competitions, but I just chalked it up to my limited artistic knowledge and vision. I'm sure I would walk through the most wonderful museums of art, scratching my head most
...Show more

Thank you Jim. There are times when I feel that I'm stood on the beach, the tides coming in, I look around, and I'm the only one who's getting their feet wet. Never mind. I know that there are some folks who enjoy my picture postcards - and not just here – so that will have to do for me.

Dec 09, 2013 at 05:23 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3623 #13 · p.3623 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Adams wrote:
Thanks. We may all be staying home if things keep going like they are.

Dear Tim, Thank you for my annual Reno fix. I want you to know how much I appreciate the work you put into inviting us along to your holiday pilgrimage. Invited along is how It feels to me – I'm just right there with you. I know things aren’t good with RARA right now – hopefully the 50th won't be the last.

Dec 09, 2013 at 05:33 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3623 #14 · p.3623 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Back to bed Zim.......

Am I feverish...is this all a dream?

Dec 09, 2013 at 05:36 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3623 #15 · p.3623 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I just did a little reading about the newest aircraft carrier, CVN-78 Gerald R. Ford. This thing represents technical advancements on so many fronts, but the one that really caught my imagination is the new EMALS catapult system. It's an electric 'rail gun' for aircraft, capable of launching both smaller and larger aircraft than the current steam catapults, to lower or higher takeoff speeds, while taking up less space, requiring less maintenance and fewer operations personnel.

Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_Aircraft_Launch_System

Geek factor 11:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/systems/emals.htm

Dec 09, 2013 at 05:44 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3623 #16 · p.3623 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Looks like a Silence Twister to me. A German type; there's a few in the UK now.

Ha – I kinda knew Lady Jo would get the ID prize.

So here is one of the display duo – they are regulars on the UK air show circuit. Some don't like them since they are quite and small. I do like them – they fly a tight display in a small box and keep it close to the line but very safe.

Oh, and under is a flower – because we like to keep our lady members happy.

Dec 09, 2013 at 05:44 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3623 #17 · p.3623 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Am I feverish...is this all a dream?

Yes, and Yes. But if you want to hit us with fab aerials of Wyoming – please feel free to dream on!

Dec 09, 2013 at 06:06 PM
Zane Adams
• •
p.3623 #18 · p.3623 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Iced Song Sparrow from the weekend.

Dec 09, 2013 at 06:08 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3623 #19 · p.3623 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nickjohnson wrote:
Ha – I kinda knew Lady Jo would get the ID prize.

So here is one of the display duo – they are regulars on the UK air show circuit. Some don't like them since they are quite and small. I do like them – they fly a tight display in a small box and keep it close to the line but very safe.

Oh, and under is a flower – because we like to keep our lady members happy.

Gorgeous light on both of those, Nick! I'm kinda partial to the pair of Twisters--I'm a sucker for a beautifully shaped elliptical wing--but, then, I'm no lady...

Dec 09, 2013 at 07:39 PM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.3623 #20 · p.3623 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Yes, that's the one I have. Both heads you've shown have the same knobs, except for the extra panning stage on the clamp of the first one. The only knob you use routinely is the big one: it locks down the ball completely. The first little knob sets the drag on the ball when the big knob is loosened; you normally set that the way you like it and leave it alone after that. The really cool thing about that knob is that you can't adjust it when the big knob is locked, so you can't have any nasty surprises
...Show more
This conversation/discussion seems very interesting but I can't work out where it started - could someone give me a page reference, please?
Niall

Dec 09, 2013 at 07:51 PM
1       2       3              3622      
       3624              4532       4533       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3622      
       3624              4532       4533       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password