Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3609 #1 · p.3609 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wew Finally my body is back from CPS.
It almost took them five weeks to complete
Repaired 1D Mark IV D31 Adjustment AF-System
D48 Replacement Mirror mechanism TR016 General Inspection....
Now find some time for some test shots.

Nov 21, 2013 at 02:11 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3609 #2 · p.3609 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glad you got it back Jan Arie. I have never had a moment's trouble with CPS on this side of the pond. Sent my long glass in fro a tweak and had them all back in a few days, it's always been faster than I expected. I'll mention your experience to my Canon guys and see what they say. Jon Berry had months of trouble with his 1DIII, weird electronic stuff, CPS wasn't much help during repeated trips back and forth. I called in a favor and he had a new body overnight. His body was out of warranty too. CPS over your way obviously doesn't operate to the same standards.

Nov 21, 2013 at 03:37 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3609 #3 · p.3609 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Anyone notice that the "Dreamlifter" pilots were a little tired last night when they landed at the wrong airport in Wichita? They were headed for an AFB, but landed at a smaller airport instead, with a runway that is way too short to take off from. "Someone's gonna get a whippin'!" BTW, your Dreamliner parts are going to be a little late.............

Nov 21, 2013 at 03:41 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3609 #4 · p.3609 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You kind of wonder how two pilots, with acres of glass maps in front of them, and a flight plan (one would hope), into a controlled airport, could make an 8 mile mistake like that. I would guess that their next assignment will be picking up errant clecos in Everett.

Nov 21, 2013 at 03:44 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3609 #5 · p.3609 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I believe that, had that been KTKI, one of the guys would have said, "Cool! What are you coming to McKinney for?" ,when they were handed off by approach. Talk about a tough phone call, I'd love to hear that cockpit tape.

Edited on Nov 21, 2013 at 04:13 PM · View previous versions

Nov 21, 2013 at 03:47 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3609 #6 · p.3609 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here's something for Zim this morning.................

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/First-Flight-For-Two-Seat-Electric-Rotorcraft221007-1.html

Nov 21, 2013 at 03:48 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3609 #7 · p.3609 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

3 advil and a phone call...LMAO-
What do you expect out of a pilot that makes well over a hundred plus grand a year ? ( probably two hundred ) --

Nov 21, 2013 at 04:15 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3609 #8 · p.3609 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Gives new meaning to those "heads up" displays

Nov 21, 2013 at 04:29 PM
dtw757
• •
p.3609 #9 · p.3609 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just goes to prove that regardless of how clear the weather, (VFR to the moon), how familiar you are with the airport....set the ILS,/ LOC into those radios as a backup. It will keep you from landing at the wrong airport, on the wrong runway, (or taxiway as in the case of a certain airliner in Atlanta a couple of years ago).

Nov 21, 2013 at 04:30 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3609 #10 · p.3609 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Glad you got it back Jan Arie. I have never had a moment's trouble with CPS on this side of the pond. Sent my long glass in fro a tweak and had them all back in a few days, it's always been faster than I expected. I'll mention your experience to my Canon guys and see what they say. Jon Berry had months of trouble with his 1DIII, weird electronic stuff, CPS wasn't much help during repeated trips back and forth. I called in a favor and he had a new body overnight. His body was out of warranty too.
...Show more

Obviously not, they are the CPS center for the Benelux region as far as i can see, so they service three country's.
But in all fairness if you cannot guarantee the 5 day repair that stands for Silver just tell that to your customers in my case I'm a amateur, so that's not the end of the world.
But there are maybe pro's who maybe don't have the financial room for more body's and they loose work because of the high waiting time.
This is the third time that I had some troubles with the repair center.

With the 1Dmk2 I had a bend shutter blade this was after only 150 shots costed me almost 3/4 of a year before that was fixed just because they don't listen to you.

Next the Is module of my 100-400 went down brought it in for service they send it to the repair shop for me, never to be heard from it again.
To be honest I forgot it somehow because of the high work stress I was in at that time but one of my friends reminded me that was after aprox 6 months.
When I contacted the store they couldn't find it any more even on record lucky for me I had still the receipt that i had turned it in at there store so they called the boss and hey gave me a brand new one.
And now this they had it at cps for five weeks straight.

I don't want to rant but Honesty brings you more understanding I think.
And if you don't have the manpower get some more technicians in so you can get the job done in the time that is promised by the organisation.

Have to make some test shots but the weather is awful at the moment..... but I hope that the problems are fixed...
Ow yeah and all this was under warranty

Nov 21, 2013 at 04:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3609 #11 · p.3609 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well getting a brand spanking new 100-400 is a little perk for your trouble. Nice, but doesn't make up for all the hassle.

Nov 21, 2013 at 04:48 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3609 #12 · p.3609 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm hearing that they're going to fly the Dreamlifter out at noon today. Should make for some interesting viewing!

Nov 21, 2013 at 04:50 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3609 #13 · p.3609 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Somewhere in Boeing there is some heavy math going on this morning, and their best pilot is probably hiding under his bed.

Nov 21, 2013 at 04:57 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3609 #14 · p.3609 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/cvplive/cvpstream1.html

Nov 21, 2013 at 06:11 PM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3609 #15 · p.3609 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Here's something for Zim this morning.................

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/First-Flight-For-Two-Seat-Electric-Rotorcraft221007-1.html

Jim,
if that is as good and vibration free as they suggest, combining it with a GPS hover would make it an ideal platform for A2G architectural shots, and you wouldn't need someone else to pilot the thing.

Got room for it in your hangar? You could probably plug it into an outlet and set it to hover endlessly 25' above the hangar floor - wouldn't need AC after that

Nov 21, 2013 at 06:42 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3609 #16 · p.3609 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/boeing-dreamlifter-lands-at-jabara/-/21054266/23081256/-/oma90hz/-/index.html

GTI4241 3000FT 503KPH TRACK 190 on it's way to Mc Connel

sound file of the arrival at jabbala

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F121174731&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true&origin=twitter

credit @matthewkeyslive

Edited on Nov 21, 2013 at 09:38 PM · View previous versions

Nov 21, 2013 at 07:06 PM
DanNehmer
• •
p.3609 #17 · p.3609 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi all,

Not sure how many Dreamlifters there are but the last 3 times I have been into Nagoya, Japan airport this year one has been sitting there loading or unloading. Interesting airplane to say the least. It's a heavy industrial area of Japan and the air port must have 12000-15000 ft of runway.

We all screw up, but I wouldn't want to have to answer for this one!

Dan

Nov 21, 2013 at 07:46 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3609 #18 · p.3609 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Obviously not, they are the CPS center for the Benelux region as far as i can see, so they service three country's.
But in all fairness if you cannot guarantee the 5 day repair that stands for Silver just tell that to your customers in my case I'm a amateur, so that's not the end of the world.
But there are maybe pro's who maybe don't have the financial room for more body's and they loose work because of the high waiting time.
This is the third time that I had some troubles with the repair center.

With the 1Dmk2 I had a bend
...Show more
I hear ya Jan, sent in a body and two lens a few weeks ago and the bill was higher then I'd thought and I'm at the gold level. Camera to lens calibration was quite pricey as well but turn around was pretty fast. Hope it all works out for ya. Least you got a new lens, .
Ps...Take 3 advil. -

Nov 21, 2013 at 08:18 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3609 #19 · p.3609 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Like I said, my CPS experience has been great, haven't needed NPS so I can't say there. My big concern is where canon is headed, and do they know where they are headed. Nikon is a much smaller, muuuuuch smaller company, but I'm getting the distinct impression they have their eye on the ball (at least the one I care about most) with considerably more intensity than Canon. What each of the manufacturers do in the first quarter of 2014 will help me decided where my allegiances will lie. I just ordered a third D800, two additional PC lenses and a back up SB910 Flash. Don't think I'll add two D4 bodies until they come out with the D4X, but I definitely will then. When that happens it'll make sense to begin building a more expansive compliment of Nikon lenses, up to, and including the 800. I'm thinking 2014 will just be another year of hazy rumors on the Canon side, and announcements/deliveries on the Nikon side. Weebeesee.

So far, I have enjoyed the benefits of shooting both brands, certainly it's taken all the wind out of folks who like to poke fun at you for favoring one brand over the other. Once again, hammers, all they are is expensive, delicate hammers.

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM
PDumm
• •
p.3609 #20 · p.3609 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

So did they have to bring in a fire truck at Jabbala to get the pilots out as I do not think that they have a set of air stairs for a 74?

Nov 22, 2013 at 02:25 AM
1       2       3              3608      
       3610              4530       4531       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3608      
       3610              4530       4531       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password