Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3585      
       3587              4135       4136       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3586 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
That's the best shot of the whole set of this aircraft, Glenn. Beautiful.

I would suggest putting in a half-hour into carefully masking out the aircraft and then brightening it up a little to create better separation from the background and make it better-lit... but not too much, just a subtle difference like maybe a half-stop brighter. My personal bias.

Good idea Rodolfo - thanks dude!

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:38 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3586 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

My attempt at a composite image as inspired by Messrs. Luedey. While not up to Mike's high standards - it is a start. C&C would be much appreciated. BTW, this Viper driver is the squadron commander. I would not what this young lady unhappy with me

Mar 01, 2013 at 06:20 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3586 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Good idea Rodolfo - thanks dude!

As far as I'm concerned; it is perfect Glenn. The subtle changes made all the difference

Mar 01, 2013 at 06:22 AM
Leftcoast_Mike

p.3586 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

First off - Glenn, I love the edit!!

Jeff W. wrote:
My attempt at a composite image as inspired by Messrs. Luedey. While not up to Mike's high standards - it is a start. C&C would be much appreciated. BTW, this Viper driver is the squadron commander. I would not what this young lady unhappy with me

oh wow Jeff! Where to start?? I absolutely LOVE the head-on shot and the processing. Your usual sharp lines at work there for sure. The other thing I really like is the personality in the pilot profile (the hand gesture).
The only tiny thing I 'might' do is remove the hillside from the left side off the nose in the profile shot. It would give it a nice floating look. Having said that, you could also leave it. I think the Squadron Commander would LOVE this on her wall.

I just finished one for a former A-10 West Demo driver but I'm thinking of sending this one out to CFB Bagotville in a frame. "Paco" was a complete joy to meet last summer.

Mar 01, 2013 at 06:42 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3586 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Leftcoast_Mike wrote:
First off - Glenn, I love the edit!!

oh wow Jeff! Where to start?? I absolutely LOVE the head-on shot and the processing. Your usual sharp lines at work there for sure. The other thing I really like is the personality in the pilot profile (the hand gesture).
The only tiny thing I 'might' do is remove the hillside from the left side off the nose in the profile shot. It would give it a nice floating look. Having said that, you could also leave it. I think the Squadron Commander would LOVE this on her wall.

I just finished one
...Show more

You set the bar very high my brother. Thanks for the kind comments. I was torn on the hillside issue and will go back, try your alternative, and see what rings my bell. Thanks for sharing the talent Mike - it is much appreciated.

Mar 01, 2013 at 06:54 AM
Leftcoast_Mike

p.3586 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
You set the bar very high my brother. Thanks for the kind comments. I was torn on the hillside issue and will go back, try your alternative, and see what rings my bell. Thanks for sharing the talent Mike - it is much appreciated.

you're too kind, Jeff...thank you. Means a lot! I'm still trying to live up to your B&W standards!

Mar 01, 2013 at 06:58 AM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3586 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Those composites are very cool.

And Glenn, your rework of that image is excellent, it really pops now.

Mar 01, 2013 at 01:46 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3586 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Razor17 wrote:
Kinda like the last line in Jimmy Doolittle's book, I could never be so lucky again...

Lynn

As my Buddy Glenn would say......."egggzactly!"

Mar 01, 2013 at 02:54 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3586 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

On the legal front. I had JR look over the aerial photography law in New Hampshire. His opinion is that it strictly applies to unmanned drone photography. We're going to look at it together over the weekend.

Mar 01, 2013 at 02:56 PM
yipDog
• •
p.3586 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Fifi landed at Mesa Gateway yesterday.

A little Nik, Photoshop and After Effects fun...

Mar 01, 2013 at 03:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3586 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glad to be of service, Glenn! It's not often I get to add any value around here, and I'm glad you liked the thought. Love the final image... "best of" portfolio material if I ever saw any.

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:42 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3586 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I had some unexpected free time this afternoon before I travel to an architectural shoot. I decided to play with my composite image and create a couple of versions. I also tried to incorporate some improved post processing techniques. Please take a look and share your C&C. Don't sugar-coat things, tell me where improvement is needed.

I intend to add a squadron logo and title (aka Messrs. Luedey) in the area below the wing. I have an interest in presenting an nice print of this image to Lt. Col. Wolfgeher and want it to be as good as I can get it.

Thanks - Jeff

Mar 01, 2013 at 08:31 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3586 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

CAF Airpower History Tour is in town (hence FiFi) and while I was having a nice chat with Scott Slocum (he's pitching My Bombshells goodies under one of FiFi's wings), a couple of transient C2 Greyhounds taxied in for gas.

1 of the 2

Mar 01, 2013 at 08:36 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3586 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Cool stuff to bad we never have something like that over here...

Mar 01, 2013 at 08:55 PM
Leftcoast_Mike

p.3586 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
I had some unexpected free time this afternoon before I travel to an architectural shoot. I decided to play with my composite image and create a couple of versions. I also tried to incorporate some improved post processing techniques. Please take a look and share your C&C. Don't sugar-coat things, tell me where improvement is needed.

I intend to add a squadron logo and title (aka Messrs. Luedey) in the area below the wing. I have an interest in presenting an nice print of this image to Lt. Col. Wolfgeher and want it to be as good as I can
...Show more

I really like the 2nd one Jeff. I think the profile works quite well in B&W with the lower image in color. I have one idea but I'm having difficulty trying to figure out a way to explain it haha

Mar 01, 2013 at 09:07 PM
Leftcoast_Mike

p.3586 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:

CAF Airpower History Tour is in town (hence FiFi) and while I was having a nice chat with Scott Slocum (he's pitching My Bombshells goodies under one of FiFi's wings), a couple of transient C2 Greyhounds taxied in for gas.

1 of the 2
http://crosswindimages.com/img/s3/v7/p1457487574.jpg

you AZ guys have all the fun

nice catch, Jay!

Mar 01, 2013 at 09:09 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3586 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

yipDog wrote:

A little Nik, Photoshop and After Effects fun...

http://yipdog.smugmug.com/Airplanes/Aircraft/i-JLDFdrh/0/XL/Out%20of%20History%20-XL.jpg

Love that look

Mar 01, 2013 at 09:11 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3586 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice suggest Rodolfo, and beautiful execution of it Glenn, it stands out great!

Mar 01, 2013 at 09:13 PM
ELinder
• •
p.3586 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Brian, your callsign finally clicked: Nasaspaceflight.com and MaxQ. Love those videos!!

Erich

Mar 01, 2013 at 09:16 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3586 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Red Bull Lightning

Red Bull P38 Lightning the Former White Lightning

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +1.4x lens    560mm    f/11.0    1/200s    100 ISO    +1.0 EV  

Mar 01, 2013 at 09:22 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password