Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3547      
       3549              4872       4873       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3548 #1 · p.3548 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Doubtful Sound on the west coast of New Zealand's South Island. This is a stereo-X pair.

BTW, Glenn has trained himself to be able to free-view these stereo pairs, which means you should be able to, too.

Feb 06, 2013 at 06:04 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3548 #2 · p.3548 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

When I was looking at this image on the monitor I couldn't imagine why I'd bothered to snap the shutter. Then I switched to the next image and realized I had shot them as a stereo pair, which brings out depth and textures you can't see any other way in a still image.

Feb 06, 2013 at 06:26 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3548 #3 · p.3548 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Harry, I stand, with the rest of the fine people on this board, in support of you in these hard times. My wife and I took a moment last evening when I first read your post to say a prayer for you. I do not know what it is like to lose one so close to me, but what I can imagine hurts beyond words. We will continue to lift you up in prayer in the coming weeks.

May the Lord bless us with 57 years together.

Feb 06, 2013 at 06:45 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3548 #4 · p.3548 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
When I was looking at this image on the monitor I couldn't imagine why I'd bothered to snap the shutter. Then I switched to the next image and realized I had shot them as a stereo pair, which brings out depth and textures you can't see any other way in a still image.

Wow, no kidding. It just looks like a single mass of trees in the first picture. I must say though, that the lack of obvious distinct feature does make the stereo pair hard to get into focus. Worth it once you get there!

Feb 06, 2013 at 06:57 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3548 #5 · p.3548 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here's a landscape that needs no stereo gimcrackery: the head of Doubtful Sound from the pass that overlooks it.

Feb 06, 2013 at 07:47 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3548 #6 · p.3548 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Island guarding the entrance to a side arm of Doubtful Sound: stereo-X pair.

Feb 06, 2013 at 08:47 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3548 #7 · p.3548 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Cliff detail, rising from Doubtful Sound.

Feb 06, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3548 #8 · p.3548 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

@Steve - Always enjoy your landscapes. No matter how hard I try, I can get the 'stereo' effect to work for me. No matter, they look wonderful as single images

Another image from Luke.

FALCON OFFSET

Feb 06, 2013 at 11:50 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3548 #9 · p.3548 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear Harry .. I am so sorry for your loss ..

Rodolfo and Mr JWilson -- I think that SI shoot would be a pretty good gig for one issue - but there's no doubt it might come with consequences

ABC National News had that lil blonde Torres on this eve .. she just bought a very nice 17 million ( ? ) pad

Feb 07, 2013 at 01:16 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3548 #10 · p.3548 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
@Steve - Always enjoy your landscapes. No matter how hard I try, I can get the 'stereo' effect to work for me. No matter, they look wonderful as single images

Another image from Luke.

Thanks, Jeff. Keep trying: one of these days, you'll 'get' the stereo effect.

I think your Luke (non-Millennium) Falcon is very cool, especially the way the HUD frames the pilot's face in green. Great jello, too.

Feb 07, 2013 at 02:11 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3548 #11 · p.3548 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Jeff:
It took me at least a year to figure those pesky things out. i gave myself a headache over and over by trying to "see" those things until i finally gave up. Then I finally watched a tutorial on using a pencil or you thumb to help and it finally clicked. I still cant just look at see them like some, but i eventually get there. I'll try to find the link. Its worth practicing thats for sure! Great set Stevez!

Glenn

Feb 07, 2013 at 02:26 AM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3548 #12 · p.3548 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Steve & Glenn:

No worries, I'll keep plugging away and someday it will click. I guess I'm just not the poster boy for public education in Arizona

Thanks for the kind words on the Falcon. Once in a while I get to hang at the EOR and get some quality close-up time with these aging Vipers. I always like that green glow of the heads-up.

Feb 07, 2013 at 02:48 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3548 #13 · p.3548 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No worries, Jeff... I'm having zero success at the 3D pairs as well. You are certainly not the only one.

That Falcon is an outstanding image, even for you. Do I understand you correctly that you're actually being allowed to be inside the fence and near the EOR?

Feb 07, 2013 at 03:51 AM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3548 #14 · p.3548 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
No worries, Jeff... I'm having zero success at the 3D pairs as well. You are certainly not the only one.

That Falcon is an outstanding image, even for you. Do I understand you correctly that you're actually being allowed to be inside the fence and near the EOR?

Thanks Rodolfo. Yes sir, I am at the EOR where they stop to go through a final check and arming process. I'm lucky to have one of the Luke tower chiefs as a member of our local group. Occasionally, I get an invite to join him for some photo ops at the EOR and from the balcony on the tower. It is great fun to say the least. So far, the "brass" are supportive. In fact, I believe Jay recently shot in the same areas with one of the squadron commanders. When Luke starts to get its allotment of F-35's, access could dry up very quickly. We will see what happens in the future and enjoy the opportunities that avail themselves in the near term.

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:05 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3548 #15 · p.3548 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You have no idea how deeply I regret not having met you and Jay during the three years I lived in Phoenix.

(And access has nothing to do with it.)

NIKON D800E    500.0 mm f/4.0 lens    500mm    f/10.0    1/60s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Feb 07, 2013 at 04:35 AM · View previous versions

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:16 AM
ELinder
• • •
p.3548 #16 · p.3548 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wow to both the image and the opportunity to be near the runway.

Erich

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:19 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3548 #17 · p.3548 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Kingfishphoto wrote:
My deepest thanks to all on this caring MA2A group.
Thanks
Harry

Harry, my apologies for being late, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. January has certainly been a tough month. I hope our words of comfort have helped you get through this.

Been in Sarasota for the last couple of days for work, and now scrambling to get back to Boston before the forecast blizzard. We were originally scheduled to land into the teeth of it at 5pm Friday, but managed to switch to a late flight home Thursday night. Hopefully JetBlue won't cancel that one.

Although I can think of much worse places to be stranded because of a blizzard, I would really like to get home and not leave my family to deal with the storm without me. Plus I love snowstorms.

Mark

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:55 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3548 #18 · p.3548 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Safe home Mark. I have always loved snowstorms too, something magical, always hate to see the snow taper off.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:12 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3548 #19 · p.3548 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I think I'd like to have one of these as a "Grocery Getter"

(Ok, so the store is in San Diego...)

Feb 07, 2013 at 09:01 AM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.3548 #20 · p.3548 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:

Me too, but I know why. I have never had stereo vision as I have a Brown's squint (it's a vertical squint) and I estimate distance by swapping between eyes.
Niall

Feb 07, 2013 at 10:17 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password