Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3501      
       3503              4137       4138       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3502 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

May the good folks at Nikon hear you, Jim. I'd love to see a 54MP FX sensor (which is what a 24MP DX sensor would be if upscaled).

What do you think of this? Too frozen?

(P.S. I did convert it to B&W, but I swear it looked the same in color... )

NIKON D800E    500.0 mm f/4.0 lens    500mm    f/4.0    1/1000s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 16, 2013 at 03:58 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3502 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thoughts? Reactions?

NIKON D800E    500.0 mm f/4.0 lens    500mm    f/4.0    1/1600s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 16, 2013 at 04:13 AM
bobl
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3502 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Superb, Rodolfo

Jan 16, 2013 at 04:17 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3502 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yup Steve is feeling better hehe making us drool.

Jeff, great Herc from Yuma.

Glenn, love the roll call, it could also be a 21 gun salute too

Rodolfo, nicely done on the 172

Jan 16, 2013 at 06:11 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3502 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Thoughts? Reactions?

Would a wow suffice?

Jan 16, 2013 at 06:11 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3502 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian wrote:
Would a wow suffice?

'Wow' is the least of it, Rodolfo!

Jan 16, 2013 at 07:29 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3502 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks, everyone! Yeah, I'm feeling better...and food has regained its appeal.

@Jim: Yes, it's a hand-held, 5-exposure D800 HDR. I don't think I'm quite done with it, yet: gotta figure out how to make the rainbow more 'rainbow-like' against the unusual green-and-blue background. Anybody have suggestions along those lines?

Jan 16, 2013 at 07:32 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3502 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Another of my Aussie Summer Sunsets

Edited on Jan 18, 2013 at 05:33 AM · View previous versions

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3502 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Thoughts? Reactions?

Superb image Rodolfo. My only suggestion would be to change the orientation by moving the Hornet ever so slightly to the upper left corner of the frame. To my eye, it is slightly off center to the right and has that feeling this it is leaving the frame, rather than entering it. Just my 2-cents and not anything to give much weight to. Your processing is marvelous and this is (in my opinion) a perfect image for monochrome and a type of high-key blended with vignetting around the edges.

Jan 16, 2013 at 03:01 PM
nrferguson
• • •
p.3502 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Superb image Rodolfo. My only suggestion would be to change the orientation by moving the Hornet ever so slightly to the upper left corner of the frame. To my eye, it is slightly off center to the right and has that feeling this it is leaving the frame, rather than entering it. Just my 2-cents and not anything to give much weight to. Your processing is marvelous and this is (in my opinion) a perfect image for monochrome and a type of high-key blended with vignetting around the edges.

Yes, my thoughts too - but a great image Rudolfo
Niall

Jan 16, 2013 at 03:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ELinder
• •
p.3502 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
May the good folks at Nikon hear you, Jim. I'd love to see a 54MP FX sensor (which is what a 24MP DX sensor would be if upscaled).

With all due respect, I hope they don't hear him. They need to get their rears in gear and put out a decent D400 first!

Erich

Jan 16, 2013 at 04:08 PM
KJindaUK
• • •
p.3502 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

As I walked out of the door to head to work at 07:30 this morning I looked over at the new apartment block nearby and noticed the top half was shrouded in fog.

At 0800 this happened: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21040410

Hard to believe!

Jan 16, 2013 at 05:10 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3502 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Truthfully, I don't know if I've ever been in a more pleasant spot as it relates to equipment. Canon has provided a low noise, fast buffer beautiful body in the X camera. Nikon has provided a relatively inexpensive miracle body with incredible resolution and high dynamic range. I could probably finish up my pro shooting career without buying another camera body, unlikely, but possible.

I shot that BBJ last weekend and decided to step out of my comfort zone and light it a whole new way. As we've said before, there is probably no bigger challenge than lighting the inside of a tube filled with chairs and couches. Something just motivated me to do this one as a blank slate and break all my rules, it was fun and turned out very nicely. I've even thought of some additional tricks for the next one, and the upcoming 74. One of the things that throws you with these projects is the fact that they are all lit so differently and the color temps are all over the map. Makes me think back to the days when a Hasselblad and a Sinar P2 were the cutting edge, ugh, how miserable that was in retrospect. I probably would have hung up the spurs a while ago if I had to schlep those tanks around much longer. The other day I picked up the Gitzo that I used for medium and large format work for decades. The thing weighs about the same as my Landcruiser, don't know why I even keep it around. I guess I might use it shooting the moon in a 30 knot wind, using the 800mm with two converters or something.

Kind of wondering whether to sell all my Comet packs and heads. Like the Blads and the Sinar, I can't envision a scenario where I'd choose those over my Elinchroms. Guess I should hang on to them just in case I need ten more strobe heads and packs for some huge project.

Jan 16, 2013 at 05:26 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3502 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wow Kevin, that's bad. After reading the account, not as bad as it might have been though. The lawyers will have fun with both sides of that whole incident and someone will be on the hook for millions upon millions.

Jan 16, 2013 at 05:32 PM
R.Reijne
• • •
p.3502 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

want to share some stuff i'd made today at Gilze-Rijen AB the Netherlands.
Man it was cold!

Roel.

Jan 16, 2013 at 06:55 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3502 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Cool stuff Roel

Jan 16, 2013 at 07:42 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3502 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:

ELinder wrote:
With all due respect, I hope they don't hear him. They need to get their rears in gear and put out a decent D400 first!

I'm with you on that one, too, Erich. But one does not have anything to do with the other, since Nikon works on multiple camera initiatives at the same time. With the release of the D4, D800, D600, and D5200 all so recently, the only places left that need significant attention attention are the D7100, if any, and the D400, if any. The putative 54MP FX body does not need "significant" attention, but boy it'd be nice to have.

I think the D400 is a hugely important release for Nikon and I hope they do it soon. My specs would be the 24MP sensor from the D5200 in a D800 body/electronics package, including EN-EL15 battery. Say it does 5fps alone, 7fps with grip, MSRP $1999.

If they did that, I'd "downsize" two of my D800 bodies to D400 bodies to get the additional reach, and keep only one D800E. I don't think I could fully give up that body.

Jan 16, 2013 at 07:43 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3502 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:

Thanks, Jeff. Your comments make perfect sense... I just can't figure out how to vignette around the shock wave and condensation if I move the airframe. Remember, I can put the camera on "P" for "Professional" and point it in the right direction, but post-processing is still mostly black magic to me. Can you show me what you mean, or maybe give me a couple of pointers on how to do it?

Thanks to Brian and Steve for the compliments as well.

Jan 16, 2013 at 07:55 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3502 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Headed out to Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center with the family for this long weekend, starting Friday. We're also hoping to do some walking around the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge and other places around there.

Since I know several of you have "been around" the area extensively, what would you suggest as far as places to stay and things to do? Also, how much time should we budget for the KSC with a rocket-loving 10-year-old and a 4-year-old? One full day? More? Less?

Thanks for any advice.

Jan 16, 2013 at 08:02 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3502 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great imagery Roel! I'll bet that was cold!!

Jan 16, 2013 at 09:52 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password