Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3494      
       3496              4280       4281       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W.
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3495 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I woke up with the flu and could not get back to sleep. Decided to play with a few images to see how my NyQuil induce haze might influence my post processing. I think this particular image conveys how I feel...

EARLY MORNING @ PHX - FedEx DC-10 departing with last minute Christmas deliveries

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:47 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3495 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ISnAP has come a long, long way in the past year or so. I can't explain the hiccups in the current release. While they shouldn't have escaped "proofing" it's another striking issue, exhibiting the talent on board the organization. We need more help so a few elements don't get missed and cause us to look less than professional.

We have a board meeting in Dallas in early February. We'll be discussing where we've been, where we're going, and how to do a better job for our membership. An organization like ISAP, especially considering the explosive membership growth we've experienced in the past year, needs more membership participation in the day to day operations. We should have four or five people working on ISnAP, not one or two, and there are a half dozen other areas that would benefit greatly from additional staff. Currently, we have three or four people carrying the weight of an organization with 350+ members, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to recognize what a stretch that is. If we could get even a dozen additional members to contribute some time and talent to the day to day operations, it would go a long way to polishing up the rough edges and moving ISAP forward.

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:53 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3495 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Feel better Jeff. That's where I've been since New Year's Eve.

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:55 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3495 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Lynn,

Yes, I shot Crossmark's jet a long time ago and have used it as a background several times since.

Jan 10, 2013 at 03:00 PM
ELinder
• •
p.3495 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

An exercise in frustration. I love how long lens reach lets me be able to see some of the human element in these spectacular routines, but my panning ability still isn't there yet to nail the sharpness. Combine that with a horrid gray sky, lousy light and I end up pushing shots further in post than I probably should.

Erich

© ELinder 2012

Jan 10, 2013 at 03:40 PM
ELinder
• •
p.3495 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Channeling my inner AA this evening with an image that has been tasking me.

WOW, powerful and surreal at the same time.

Erich

Jan 10, 2013 at 03:43 PM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3495 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
ISnAP has come a long, long way in the past year or so. I can't explain the hiccups in the current release. While they shouldn't have escaped "proofing" it's another striking issue, exhibiting the talent on board the organization. We need more help so a few elements don't get missed and cause us to look less than professional.

We have a board meeting in Dallas in early February. We'll be discussing where we've been, where we're going, and how to do a better job for our membership. An organization like ISAP, especially considering the explosive membership growth we've experienced in
...Show more

Jim,
I'm sending you a PM.

Gero

Jan 10, 2013 at 04:25 PM
bobl
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3495 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi bobl, Sorry I missed this a few days ago – been doing “other things”. Anyway – nice tranquil image, and a really good balance between being light enough to show shadow detail and dark enough to look like moonlight. Not easy to do as I've discovered!

Thanks, Nick!! Yup, when it's quiet around here it ain't too shabby. When there's a howler, that's an altogether different batch of waves.

Jan 10, 2013 at 07:55 PM
Chainshot
• •
p.3495 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wet plate attempt from reenactment last year.

Jan 10, 2013 at 08:31 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3495 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Chainshot wrote:
Wet plate attempt from reenactment last year.

Nice treatment Chainshot - I like it

Jan 10, 2013 at 08:34 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3495 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Nice treatment Chainshot - I like it

Did you do a post-processing 'treatment' of a digital image, or did you shoot it with an actual wet plate? Either way, I like it.

Jan 10, 2013 at 09:26 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3495 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The local rescue swimmers were out on a training exercise this morning. First, the Hawaii Fire chopper ferried them out about a quarter mile, two at a time; they jumped into the ocean from a hover. Then the group of 16 or so guys made a three mile swim up the coast and back. Then the chopper came out with a basket and plucked them back out of the water, two at a time, and ferried them back to the beach.

Jan 10, 2013 at 09:31 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3495 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Seems like a rough life...lol

I shoveled over a foot of snow today and it's still coming down...can't wait for Austin in April...lol

Jan 10, 2013 at 09:48 PM
Chainshot
• •
p.3495 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks ! It is a digital image. I was attempting a wet plate look. We have a couple of guys that come out and shoot real collodion, at reenactments. I have a couple of me on glass. It would be fun to do the real thing. I don't know how much a good working condition camera/lens, setup goes for though.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3495 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Lynn,

Yes, I shot Crossmark's jet a long time ago and have used it as a background several times since.

Thanks for the reply as I have done some contract flying with them in the past...

Lynn

Jan 11, 2013 at 01:51 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3495 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Flashback

Edited on Jan 11, 2013 at 05:46 AM · View previous versions

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:35 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3495 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Flashback ..............................

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:36 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3495 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The various moisture on the ground adds some great texture to this one Jim

Jan 11, 2013 at 07:04 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3495 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just spent the better part of five hours doing something I haven't done in nearly three years...

Honest to goodness non-linear editing! Seeing if I can work up a 2012 Year In Review piece.

I found myself getting quite nostalgic really!

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3495 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

News Of The Weird...

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell