Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3493      
       3495              4251       4252       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3494 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The fates' payback for the weather report, maybe?

Edit to add TOPP (weather is currently 46°F and partly cloudy here, this shot was taken this afternoon)

stevez wrote:
We're sitting in a shaded veranda on the top floor of our hotel overlooking the Pacific: not too shabby. Took a long walk on the beach this morning and, palefaces that we are, will hide from the midday sun. Weather forecast: partly cloudy with a high of 81 degrees, every day this week.

Like I said, not too shabby.

[edit]

Just saw a humpback whale breach, completely out of the water, a half-mile offshore. And of course I had the 14-24 mounted at the time...

Edited on Jan 09, 2013 at 09:37 PM · View previous versions

Jan 09, 2013 at 09:35 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3494 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Glenn. I have this little alarm that goes off around fast airplanes recently purchased by people who made big money quickly. 45 years in aviation has imprinted the cliche: "person loves aviation, person gets rich, person buys fast airplanes, person ends up in smoking hole" in my mind.

That's why I'm focused on making big money, slowly... because there ain't no way I'm doing the smoking hole thing, but I would like to make the big bucks and get the fast airplanes.

I keep telling people who ask me about GA flying that the single most important trait in a pilot is the burning and all-encompassing desire to be around for his/her own retirement party. Everything else can be taught... but the patience, the discipline, and especially the balls to abort at any time and under any circumstances are all traits that the pilot must know and value deep in his own soul. They cannot be imposed from outside.

Jan 09, 2013 at 09:35 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3494 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Some amazing flying here, even if it is with multiple kites at one time, all flown by the same man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe2PddwZJAI

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3494 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Glenn. I have this little alarm that goes off around fast airplanes recently purchased by people who made big money quickly. 45 years in aviation has imprinted the cliche: "person loves aviation, person gets rich, person buys fast airplanes, person ends up in smoking hole" in my mind. There are really about six people in the WWW (whole wide world) that I'll crawl into an airplane with, call me chicken, but call me "alive". It's a rule that no amount of new and shiny tempts me to break. I've turned down rides and stick opportunities that would make you
...Show more

Not a bad rule at all - how about you and I take it out then while your friend watches from the TBM?

Jan 10, 2013 at 01:21 AM
skyhawkpilot
• • •
p.3494 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Brian - Nice shot of the Blue Angels knife edge!

ELinder wrote:
More from Sun-n-Fun 2011. Is anyone planning on going there this year? I'm thinking about going for a few days.

Erich

I will be there the last few days. Let me know if you make it down to KLAL

Jan 10, 2013 at 01:28 AM
david russell
• • •
p.3494 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The last time I was at Sun and Fun, it was for just a couple of hours.....during that time, a tornado hit and destroyed or damaged over a dozen planes and wrecked most of the vendor display tents and awnings.......I don't they can afford to take a chance on having me come back.

Jan 10, 2013 at 01:40 AM
skyhawkpilot
• • •
p.3494 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I was there the day after that storm. You shouldn't let one stupid storm prevent you from coming back.

A few people I know had planes flipped in that disaster, they went back!

Jan 10, 2013 at 01:44 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3494 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
He's a "progressive", I think it's about time to talk to him about "redistribution"

Oh that is epic

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:17 AM
david russell
• • •
p.3494 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

skyhawkpilot wrote:
I was there the day after that storm. You shouldn't let one stupid storm prevent you from coming back.

A few people I know had planes flipped in that disaster, they went back!

....I also expect to be in the dark and musty basements of various tall shiny buildings in lower Manhattan helping the phone company with phone service restoration strategies....like I have been for doing for the last few weeks. Lots of nice consulting work to do here for the next good while.

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:26 AM
ELinder
• •
p.3494 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

skyhawkpilot wrote:
I will be there the last few days. Let me know if you make it down to KLAL

I'll make sure to do that. I drove by the area where the storm wrecked planes were, it was heartbreaking to look at.

Erich

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3494 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Not a bad rule at all - how about you and I take it out then while your friend watches from the TBM?

Now there you go Glenn.......

Jan 10, 2013 at 03:59 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3494 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Working on the final touches for KTKI's trade show booth. Should be an outstanding presentation for the airport. This will go on the podium that adds dimension to the display.............

Well done Jim, have you had the chance to shoot Crossmark's 601 Challenger?

Lynn

Jan 10, 2013 at 04:05 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3494 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Channeling my inner AA this evening with an image that has been tasking me.

PROWLER BREAK

Jan 10, 2013 at 04:47 AM
ifxbonz
• • •
p.3494 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Channeling my inner AA this evening with an image that has been tasking me.

Really nice capture Jeff and processing as well!

Andy

Jan 10, 2013 at 05:11 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3494 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ifxbonz wrote:
Really nice capture Jeff and processing as well!

Andy

Thank you Andy.

Jan 10, 2013 at 05:27 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3494 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just read the email announcing the January 2013 issue of ISnAP. I can hardly wait to read one of the featured articles: "Tilt/Shit Blur tool" by Jay Beckman. I didn't realize that tilting s__t had any particularly salutary effects, and certainly not in the blur area.

http://www.issuu.com/isaporg

Jim gets credit for the cover (beautiful, Jim!) and I got the title page, but no photo credit. As a matter of fact, even though the letter sent to the ISAP membership soliciting contributions for the "2012 Images In Review" piece said that our names would appear next to our images, in fact no one's images are properly credited: there's just a list of contributing photographers at the top of the piece. Disappointing that an organization of photographers, for photographers, couldn't do better.

I'd better stop now or Larry will have me editing the newsletter next time.

Jan 10, 2013 at 07:40 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3494 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I didn't mention where we are, specifically: the Kona coast of the Island of Hawaii. This is Hapuna Beach and our hotel, the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel. I recommend it, the beach is one of the finest on the big island and the hotel ain't too shabby, either.

Jan 10, 2013 at 08:06 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3494 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Just read the email announcing the January 2013 issue of ISnAP. I can hardly wait to read one of the featured articles: "Tilt/Shit Blur tool" by Jay Beckman. I didn't realize that tilting s__t had any particularly salutary effects, and certainly not in the blur area. quote]

So thats Jays special PP process.....ROFL
mmmm maybe ignorance is bliss......

Jan 10, 2013 at 09:56 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3494 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Just read the email announcing the January 2013 issue of ISnAP. I can hardly wait to read one of the featured articles: "Tilt/Shit Blur tool" by Jay Beckman. I didn't realize that tilting s__t had any particularly salutary effects, and certainly not in the blur area.

http://www.issuu.com/isaporg

Jim gets credit for the cover (beautiful, Jim!) and I got the title page, but no photo credit. As a matter of fact, even though the letter sent to the ISAP membership soliciting contributions for the "2012 Images In Review" piece said that our names would appear next to our images, in
...Show more

I thought Jay's article was excellent - well done Messrs. Beckman. Don't feel bad Steve, you're not the only one that is bothered by the lack of direct photo credits. Several folks inadvertently contacted me for an explanation because I'm still listed as the Social Media Coordinator - a position I've not held for a couple of months. That being said, I would absolutely vote to have you help Larry and Kevin with ISnAP

Jan 10, 2013 at 01:19 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3494 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

bobl wrote:
Hi Group,

The wx around these here parts has been/is rather uncooperative, read rain/wind/sleet/hail/sun/rain/wind/rain/wind/li'l sun/rain, etc etc ad nauseum. However, I thought I'd show you what it looks like SOMETIMES.

Here is Moonshine Over Alsea...

http://imageshack.us/a/img441/5475/p20696841049h2omarkweb.jpg

Hi bobl, Sorry I missed this a few days ago – been doing “other things”.
Anyway – nice tranquil image, and a really good balance between being light enough to show shadow detail and dark enough to look like moonlight. Not easy to do as I've discovered!

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:31 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password