Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3431      
3432
       3433              4532       4533       end
  

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
  
 
jj_glos
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3432 #1 · p.3432 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


yes indeed, the new 617 squadron tail art:


RIAT 2013 by jj_glos, on Flickr


RIAT 2013 by jj_glos, on Flickr



Jul 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM
jj_glos
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3432 #2 · p.3432 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


The Lancaster landing at Fairford Saturday, this is after after the first touchdown. Just a bit of a bounce!


RIAT 2013 by jj_glos, on Flickr


RIAT 2013 by jj_glos, on Flickr



Jul 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM
david russell
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3432 #3 · p.3432 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


stevez wrote:
I'd like to welcome a budding talent to the list by publishing her first air-to-air, this shot of papa Rodolfo flying with fellow-MA2Aer David Russell in the 2-32 over the foothills west of Boulder, at 12,500'.

Anya and I chased Rodolfo and David in the Remos (with the doors off, of course!) and tucked into a thermal outside and above them, at 12,500'. I handed Anya my D-800 and with two sentences of instruction, this is what she squeezed off.

Everyone, please welcome Anya Paiz.



Nice work Anya and Steve.. That is the best that 58 zulu has ever looked.

Never a dull day here....flying with the Paiz clan this afternoon, dinner with an Olympic gold medal winning gymnast (1956) tonight and I might have a photo or two of Rodolfo from inside the plane to post a bit later too. What a fun day!



Jul 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Kingfishphoto
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3432 #4 · p.3432 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


My niece, in PA. has a 1967 AM, color green. Her husband purchased it some years ago , while working in London.
Harry Palmer



Jul 22, 2013 at 10:54 PM
nrferguson
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3432 #5 · p.3432 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


jj_glos wrote:
The Lancaster landing at Fairford Saturday, this is after after the first touchdown. Just a bit of a bounce!

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5521/9336838411_0304ca8ce1_o.jpg
RIAT 2013 by jj_glos, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7448/9339627366_76f5deb2fa_o.jpg
RIAT 2013 by jj_glos, on Flickr


You were obviously at the western end of the runway, we were to the east, in the Pimm's enclosure.
Niall



Jul 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3432 #6 · p.3432 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Welcome Anya! What fun! The things that would never have happened had it not been for the kind and generous people that make up this family.

Zim! Thanks for the technical advice. I'm headed out the door, but will digest it all this evening.



Jul 22, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Angry
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3432 #7 · p.3432 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


stevez wrote:
Sharp!
What's wrong with LHD?
Do you get to keep the California plates? They just look right on a car like that...


Nothing wrong with LHD, in Aussie all cars are RHD, LHD just presents a few interesting things, no drive through wthout a passenger for one...
The main one is overtaking trucks on secondary roads,....you definately need a passenger for lookout duties,....
As for the Californian plates, its not allowed,...it will get either full rego with a set of my personal AA plates or historic club roeg , with "Club plates" they are maroon with 6 numbers ,,..no choices...
Lots of little things to get right before its the way I want it.

@ Tim, yep its a clone. I just dont like the look of the overriders on the bumpers.

Al



Jul 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Angry
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3432 #8 · p.3432 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JWilsonphoto wrote:
Steve's advice is best Al. JUst use your phone. It's a straight shot out of the north DFW gate to HQ. I'll send you a GoogleE map of it, but you won't have any trouble at all.

Beautiful car Buddy, enjoy! That's back when men were men and cars were really cars. Only a couple of car manufacturers have noticed that if they bring something to market with todays technology and yesterday's nostalgia, they sell all they can make.

I might have my (non-working) ride in October when you come. Think "Bond.....James Bond"


DBS5 Jim ??

Al



Jul 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3432 #9 · p.3432 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Gero, amazing.

gerov wrote:
We had a bit of weather coming through, so I set my 5DmkII and 24-105 on a tripod and set the camera at 15" @ f/8 on an intervalometer set at 17 seconds. This was the prize for my efforts




Jul 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3432 #10 · p.3432 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


was this the one I heard dropped a whole inch of rain there, which is a good portion of the yearly rainfall? love this shot!

Jeff W. wrote:
We had a regulation monsoon storm hit the metro-Phoenix area this afternoon/evening. Here is what was facing commercial pilots departing KPHX.




Jul 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Angry
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3432 #11 · p.3432 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JWilsonphoto wrote:
Steve's advice is best Al. JUst use your phone. It's a straight shot out of the north DFW gate to HQ. I'll send you a GoogleE map of it, but you won't have any trouble at all.

Beautiful car Buddy, enjoy! That's back when men were men and cars were really cars. Only a couple of car manufacturers have noticed that if they bring something to market with todays technology and yesterday's nostalgia, they sell all they can make.

I might have my (non-working) ride in October when you come. Think "Bond.....James Bond"


I never even thought of the tablet/Smart Phone,...m trying to think of so many things at the moment plus the car,...Im struggling.
I'll be bringing my Samsung tablet so I can use that...holding & driving might be fun...

I love muscle cars, in Aussie in 73/74/75 we had a two door Ford Falcon, it was basically based on a Mustang/Ford floor pan,
It looked similar to a Torino,..but much slimmer n nicer,...came with 351 Clevo, 4 wheel discs,..etc...a real rocket,...way expensive now for one..I'll see if I can find an image of one, they're just beautiful.

I cant believe the amount of parts available for 67/68/69 camaros,...even a complete new shell....

a DB5 Jim ??..or a DBS ??

Al


Edited on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM · View previous versions



Jul 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Angry
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3432 #12 · p.3432 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


double post

Edited on Jul 23, 2013 at 05:16 AM · View previous versions



Jul 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Tim Adams
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3432 #13 · p.3432 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Angry wrote:
Nothing wrong with LHD, in Aussie all cars are RHD, LHD just presents a few interesting things, no drive through wthout a passenger for one...
The main one is overtaking trucks on secondary roads,....you definately need a passenger for lookout duties,....
As for the Californian plates, its not allowed,...it will get either full rego with a set of my personal AA plates or historic club roeg , with "Club plates" they are maroon with 6 numbers ,,..no choices...
Lots of little things to get right before its the way I want it.

@ Tim, yep its a clone. I just dont like the look
...Show more

I actually like the bigger engine. All the Z/28's came with from 67-69 was the 302. You had to wind the crap out of that thing to get it to go. It would fly, but very hard on the valve train. If I ever had the spare money I'd find one and drop the 572 Chevy crate motor in it. I think I'll just keep playing with my 2010 for now though.



Jul 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Angry
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3432 #14 · p.3432 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


pburke wrote:
Bond did drive a Toyota in one movie...

http://www.orange.co.uk/images/editorial/toyotaGT_22aug08_450.jpg



Yep & these are even rarer than DB5's....lol

Al



Jul 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Angry
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3432 #15 · p.3432 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JWilsonphoto wrote:
"Quite" jj, "Quite"

I'm going with the Quantum of Solace" version. But the roadster is pretty beautiful, just too dang hot in Texas.



DBS is the P51 of the road....
Women want them,
men fear them..
Fotogs love them...
My good friend David Brabham had the pleasure of developing the sportcar version..racing one a few years ago, ran a few races in it including LeMans I believe..

Georgous....

Al



Jul 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3432 #16 · p.3432 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Al, the hotel I stayed at last year is:

Hampton Inn & Suites
N. Ft. Worth-Alliance Airport

13600 North Freeway
Fort Worth, TX
United States, 76177
Tel: 1 817-439-0400
Fax: 1 817-439-1158

Rental car from Budget, and they had a GPS unit for rent. I also had an iPhone, but the GPS worked better, for me and my adventures through Dallas

You'll probably want to make the reservation now, there was also an antique car show of some sort in town that weekend, too.


Angry wrote:
Luv the Willys Tim....

On m,y trip to the States guys I need a pointer as to which airlines to avaoid travelling on.

I wil be flying from Dallas to Charlotte the days after Alliance then form charlotte across to LA, then down to Vegas for SEMA.

Do you guys favour any particular chain of Hotels or just find a good one when you arrive ??

Any tips

Al





Jul 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3432 #17 · p.3432 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


next time get the red shirts

astrobrian wrote:
That is a "Bryan" you captured, and not a Brian He can out sell me too in that shirt department.




Jul 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Angry
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3432 #18 · p.3432 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Tim Adams wrote:
I actually like the bigger engine. All the Z/28's came with from 67-69 was the 302. You had to wind the crap out of that thing to get it to go. It would fly, but very hard on the valve train. If I ever had the spare money I'd find one and drop the 572 Chevy crate motor in it. I think I'll just keep playing with my 2010 for now though.



Mine got a 330hp 350Ci Crate motor,...im looking at stroking it to 383 with Alloy heads n a little bit bigger cam,....that'll be around 400/430hp....and heaps of torque...

Hope you going to make MA2A reunion Tim,...cars, planes, n Cameras......cant wait...

Al



Jul 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Angry
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3432 #19 · p.3432 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


NightOwl Cat wrote:
Al, the hotel I stayed at last year is:

Hampton Inn & Suites
N. Ft. Worth-Alliance Airport

13600 North Freeway
Fort Worth, TX
United States, 76177
Tel: 1 817-439-0400
Fax: 1 817-439-1158

Rental car from Budget, and they had a GPS unit for rent. I also had an iPhone, but the GPS worked better, for me and my adventures through Dallas

You'll probably want to make the reservation now, there was also an antique car show of some sort in town that weekend, too.


I just found out that the Goodguys Texas meet is at FW the weekend before Alliance...
Booking now.



Jul 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3432 #20 · p.3432 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Congratulations, Anya. This is my dad's gear that I took my first aircraft photo with, and got me hooked on photography. Sadly, he can't find the photo I took, but he probably still has it somewhere. I now have that camera, flash, and lens here.



stevez wrote:
I'd like to welcome a budding talent to the list by publishing her first air-to-air, this shot of papa Rodolfo flying with fellow-MA2Aer David Russell in the 2-32 over the foothills west of Boulder, at 12,500'.

Anya and I chased Rodolfo and David in the Remos (with the doors off, of course!) and tucked into a thermal outside and above them, at 12,500'. I handed Anya my D-800 and with two sentences of instruction, this is what she squeezed off.

Everyone, please welcome Anya Paiz.




Jul 23, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1       2       3              3431      
3432
       3433              4532       4533       end






FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3431      
3432
       3433              4532       4533       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password