Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3399      
       3401              4274       4275       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Shaggy Wolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3400 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Flare shots are pretty awesome...

oops..top of page, forgive the stopped prop!

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:59 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3400 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear Jim,

and the key phrase is "among those who want to work." I look at the signs around here near FIlthadelphia announcing "want to hire." I'm sure that the wages are not what many of the folks think is a "fair wage," (whatever in the world that is), but, ya know, back in my day, any wage you could work for was "fair." Hell, when I was at Kent State and I fired myself out of a university paid residence hall director job (along with its free apartment, meals, etc - the Dean of Men was an asshole, and I wouldn't countenance his bullshit-), my children's Mom took a job near Akron, and I grabbed one up at a gas station across from Kent Hall. We cold-war vets got recognized somewhere along the way, and I qualified for a GI Bill university assistance check, $180 month as I recall, and, though I never saw combat, I still believe it was a subsistence honorably earned. Rant off.

Nov 15, 2012 at 07:36 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3400 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

J Mosher wrote:
I finally have something to share. From Nellis on Sunday.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8059/8187695177_f414734878_b.jpg

DAM...I mean, WOW again !!!

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:11 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3400 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear Tony,

It's merely matter of perspective. Some, even in the darkest of circumstances, put their heads down and go to work, it's the only way they know. Others see the circumstances as someone else's fault (and they may well be in some cases, but so what?!), don't want to expend the energy to find a way out, other than getting that "somebody else" to pick up the tab. Certainly there is a great deal of gray in between those two mindsets, and sorting it out is a thorny job, but we have ample examples of societies that go down the cradle to grave government dole route, and it's never resulted in anything but a populous lulled into mediocrity and dependence. Why some seem to think it will be different here is a head scratcher for sure.

I say this not from a privileged viewpoint, never having been in need, but from a viewpoint of a guy who has been flat broke, and scared to death. You know, you get on your knees, ask for the guidance and help that only faith can bring you, and you go to work.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that might be the best one I've ever read..........."Redistribute My Work Ethic!" I'm sure my Landcruiser would get keyed in the first 24 hours if I stuck that on my bumper.

We are a vanishing breed Tony, and it saddens me to say it, but it's time to come to grips with the facts.

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:11 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3400 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear JMosher,

Well when you do share, it's a jaw dropper! Well done!

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:14 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3400 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Brake Check

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:15 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3400 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wow, those babies are literally "smokin' "

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:31 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3400 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jay is that Good or Bad??

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:34 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3400 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I think it's "normal" since the wheel rotation gets "snubbed" before the gear retracts. Can't say I've seen it that pronounced before though.

Might be time for a brake job on that baby.

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:36 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3400 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Express Yourself...

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3400 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear Jo and Glenn,

as I whipped around Austin on 130,( which incidentally is my new favorite road in Texas!! 80/85 legally, with about six other cars in sight!!!) I caught a glimpse of an incredible view right down Bergstrom's runway. Because it was pitch black, and I was doing the legal limit, I didn't have time to quickly assess what kind of access there might be to that runway view, and if you could get even closer in some field or on a road. At first blush, it looked like a spot where the dynamic quartet could get a pizza (half sausage/half veggie) and hang out shooting airplanes at the golden hour. What do you think?

BTW Lady Jo, very nice aerials of the Grand Prix facilities!! If they had an inkling of the talent at their fingertips we'd have gotten unlimited credentials mailed to us months ago!

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:39 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3400 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Jay is that Good or Bad??

I guess that depends upon who is buying the brakes! I remember when we were kids seeing someone smoke tires for a half a block, turning and saying, "His parents must buy his tires!"

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:41 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3400 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jay, you have some great spots staked out Buddy! I'm headed your way!!

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:42 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3400 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well Come On Then!

Good Morning Tucson!

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:54 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3400 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:

Express Yourself...
http://crosswindimages.com/img/s2/v53/p1269864906.jpg

Nice: bold, colorful...another winner.

Where's the Moiré pattern on the tail fin coming from, Jay? Did they paint tiny stripes on that baby?

Nov 15, 2012 at 09:02 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3400 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yeah. I think I've found my resolution limit...

Nov 15, 2012 at 09:04 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3400 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Dear Jo and Glenn,

as I whipped around Austin on 130,( which incidentally is my new favorite road in Texas!! 80/85 legally, with about six other cars in sight!!!) I caught a glimpse of an incredible view right down Bergstrom's runway. Because it was pitch black, and I was doing the legal limit, I didn't have time to quickly assess what kind of access there might be to that runway view, and if you could get even closer in some field or on a road. At first blush, it looked like a spot where the dynamic quartet could get a pizza
...Show more

I know exactly where you mean, Jim, and I have wondered the same thing myself! Looks like a good spot to pitch camp if they're landing to the north. Might have to have a nosey. here is a link to the Google map of the area; top left is Bergstrom, bottom right is COTA. A little left of where Burleson/Elroy road crosses 130 is where we would want to be, I think. There's a few dead-end roads and driveways about there which we might be able to hang out in.

Many years ago I did try to see what I could see from the 35L runway; there is a public park just south of that one but it's sunk down from the level of the runway. That nice hill on 130 gives a much better view of 35R but there's not as much jet traffic on that shorter runway, more GA stuff. Take yer pick...

Edited on Nov 15, 2012 at 09:07 PM · View previous versions

Nov 15, 2012 at 09:05 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3400 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Still can't get over the view from the cockpit of the Bell 47...this is a 24mm, wide-angle view on approach to KEIK.

Nov 15, 2012 at 09:06 PM
david russell
• • •
p.3400 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

humming the M.A.S.H theme song as I look at that last one Steve

Nov 15, 2012 at 09:39 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3400 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Earth Mover