FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2447      
       2449              4533       4534       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2448 #1 · p.2448 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I can't think of a much better image to say goodbye with....

Mark

Mar 09, 2012 at 09:21 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.2448 #2 · p.2448 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Except with a sharp image from someone in MA2A..............

Mar 09, 2012 at 09:54 PM
LLondon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2448 #3 · p.2448 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

richhrly wrote:

Italian Tonka Time

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10113434/JPGS/MA2A/Generic/_D3_7067.jpg

Must be related to Sophia Loren

Mar 09, 2012 at 09:54 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.2448 #4 · p.2448 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Hey JW: If memory serves me correctly you spent some time with the Hasselblad folks in the recent past. How was that experience? I had an opportunity to play with a friends H4D-40 yesterday and feel in love. I'm already planning a series of bank heists to fund the switch from Canon

While they don't have the long glass like Canon, for everything else they would be a hoot. This guy uses their HC 3.5/35 mm lens with the HTS 1.5 tilt/shift adapter - a very slick setup for architectural work. I wondered what your impressions were?

Hi Jeff,

I love Blads and have captured over a million images on them. I have been in discussions with them for about a year. My concern is viability and reliability. There's some pretty stout evidence that their sensors are good for 100,000 exposures at best, and after warranty service is, as you might imagine, really steep. I had at least two back up duplicates for every piece of Blad equipment,. Not because Blad was unreliable, but if you're shooting professionally, you need the redundancy. Um, at $49K for a body/back/lens, when I ran the numbers a reasonable system was going to be close to 200K. The imagery is incredible, but, try as I might, I just don't see how you can make those numbers work. I'll keep you posted.

Mar 09, 2012 at 10:02 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.2448 #5 · p.2448 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

On the Mac v PC subject, Rodolfo has a very reasoned opinion. Never thought I'd be on this side of the fence, but I hope I never have to touch a windows machine again....ever. Last night I had a presentation to give to a few hundred folks. The venue didn't speak Apple, as a result the visuals were considerable less interesting than they could have been. On top of that the Windows tech guy stumbled all over himself trying to get the PC to do anything. I realize that this is only one scenario, but all my days with Windows came rushing back to me. When I got in my car to head home I gave amy MBP a pat of appreciation for what it doesn't put me through.

Yes, occasionally they do hiccup, but I'm trying to remember if my PC manufacturers looked over the counter at me and said, "We're sorry, we don't want you to have any additional frustration so here's a latest and greatest unit to replace your 7 month old computer". That alone goes a long way in my book, but the fact that 99% of the time they work flawlessly and they're fun, is pretty cool too.

Mar 09, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.2448 #6 · p.2448 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Very Cool photo Rich

Mar 09, 2012 at 10:24 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2448 #7 · p.2448 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I was thinking thunderbird (not the USAF variety, the Native American variety).

futurshox wrote:
And then Rich posts that splendid Tonka shot :-) The wing roots at that angle look so much like bird feathers, don't you think?

Mar 09, 2012 at 10:29 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.2448 #8 · p.2448 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rich, that is a very, very, nice Tonka. Speaking of which one of the unforeseen aspects of our relocation is that Belford is on one of the low level routes into and out of area 20T and Otterburn ranges!
Traffic is light two or three movements most weekdays since Christmas. Mostly Tonka, some Hawk and Tucano. No Tiffy as yet.
Question any ideas on a reasonable price scanning receiver so I can get some warning of incoming?

Mar 09, 2012 at 10:44 PM
LLondon
• • •
p.2448 #9 · p.2448 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

C400 gassed and ready to go. With a 45PC

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:39 AM
cbrandt
• • •
p.2448 #10 · p.2448 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nickjohnson wrote:
Rich, that is a very, very, nice Tonka. Speaking of which one of the unforeseen aspects of our relocation is that Belford is on one of the low level routes into and out of area 20T and Otterburn ranges!
Traffic is light two or three movements most weekdays since Christmas. Mostly Tonka, some Hawk and Tucano. No Tiffy as yet.
Question any ideas on a reasonable price scanning receiver so I can get some warning of incoming?

I got the Uniden BC72SLT scanner ...... at least 6 months ago ..... programin' it isn't one of my strong points ...... it has air, marine, fire, police, weather and Ham radio --

25-54, 108-174, 406-512 MHz freqs 100 channels, 10 banks

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

msalvetti
• • • •
p.2448 #11 · p.2448 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Except with a sharp image from someone in MA2A..............

Well, OK, there's that.......

Mark

Mar 10, 2012 at 01:19 AM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.2448 #12 · p.2448 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Spent the day at Scott Kelby's Light It Shoot It Retouch it show. Even though it was model shots, some of the Lightroom and Photoshop techniques might be adapted for big nasty oily greasy rusty dusty things liken we shoot! Lots to think about though - some of the masking stuff was mind blowing -and all done inside photoshop too! No masking software.

Mar 10, 2012 at 02:58 AM
pfnskyshots
• • •
p.2448 #13 · p.2448 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jon - forgot to ask earlier: do they give you a workbook to take with you (and to take *notes* in)? Do you need to bring anything with you other than a pen or pencil (or iPad) to take *notes* with? Just trying to get ready for my stint in the class Tuesday.

Mar 10, 2012 at 03:16 AM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.2448 #14 · p.2448 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

jbear2000 wrote:
Spent the day at Scott Kelby's Light It Shoot It Retouch it show. Even though it was model shots, some of the Lightroom and Photoshop techniques might be adapted for big nasty oily greasy rusty dusty things liken we shoot! Lots to think about though - some of the masking stuff was mind blowing -and all done inside photoshop too! No masking software.

I'm told that Kelby is headed my way for the same seminar. I'm more serious about attending after your comments than I was before - thanks.

Mar 10, 2012 at 04:04 AM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.2448 #15 · p.2448 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Willie (KIWA) is having its annual Aviation Day tomorrow. I paid a visit this afternoon to catch some of the aircraft arriving. Tomorrow its me and my grandson's having a ball pretending we are pilots

P4Y-2 Privateer - Love the wing span on this plane.

F-5E Tiger II

Kerosine Queen

Mar 10, 2012 at 04:05 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.2448 #16 · p.2448 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Scott is a presenter at the ISAP symposium in a few months.

Mar 10, 2012 at 04:13 AM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.2448 #17 · p.2448 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Buffalo Airways (Ice Pilots) had an Electra land the other day with right hand main gear stuck up.
More details here:

http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=80005

Mar 10, 2012 at 04:48 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.2448 #18 · p.2448 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thought I would show you guys what I am working on. Here is a little before and after. The before shot of the Entry in our farm house:

The after of the Entry in our farm house:

Mar 10, 2012 at 05:07 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.2448 #19 · p.2448 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Willie (KIWA) is having its annual Aviation Day tomorrow. I paid a visit this afternoon to catch some of the aircraft arriving. Tomorrow its me and my grandson's having a ball pretending we are pilots

That looks like an ex- Hawkins & Powers Privateer. I used to stop at H&P's main facility at the airfield outside Greybull, Wyoming, and wander around the open-air boneyard among the mounds of discarded jugs from old radials, stacks of junked wings, R-3350's on their stands, and pickled R-4360's still in their shipping cans. They always had some interesting hybrid aircraft on the flight line: for instance, old Flying Boxcars with a single turbojet installed upside down on a pylon behind the cockpit.

About ten years ago I sat out on our back deck and watched as another of H&P's Privateers, loaded with fire retardant, passed low over my house in Colorado on what turned out to be its final mission: ten minutes later its main spar failed on a drop run in the foothills a few miles behind my house and two good men were lost with the airplane. It was the company's death knell: H&P did not survive the loss of two aircraft in separate accidents that fire season.

I'll root around for some photos, tomorrow.

Mar 10, 2012 at 05:19 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.2448 #20 · p.2448 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Very nice, Eddie.

Mar 10, 2012 at 05:20 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell