Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2446      
       2448              4381       4382       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

jbear2000
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2447 #1 · p.2447 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I've been digging through a rescued HD that had crashed. I just put all the resqued files onto another one and said to myself "I'll get back to it some day." Well today is that day. Found some old shots from Oklahoma with my dad and i playing golf, and a nice old shot of a friend of mine... then there it was, mislabeled and alone... the lost Vidalia Onion Festival Airshow pics from April of 2008. Here are three - 2 Fat Alberts and a Panchito.

"thin may be in... but fat's where it's at!"

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    420mm    f/16.0    1/80s    125 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    420mm    f/16.0    1/80s    125 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    420mm    f/18.0    1/80s    125 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 20, 2011 at 09:47 PM
Macc
• •
p.2447 #2 · p.2447 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

jbear2000: That 2nd Fat Albert shot is tremendous!

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM
futurshox
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2447 #3 · p.2447 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yes it is!

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:34 PM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.2447 #4 · p.2447 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you both!

But I'm running as fast as I can to keep up with y'all! ... and it ain't workin'.

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.2447 #5 · p.2447 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jon: As much as I am a Fat Albert fan, your b&w conversion of Panchito is absolutely dynamite!

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:38 PM
david russell
• • •
p.2447 #6 · p.2447 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wonderful photos over the last few pages. I really like that Fat Al shot

Here's a stat: suitcase: 17 lbs, camera case: 37 lbs.

Alliance, here I come!

Looking forward to putting faces to the names.

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:41 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.2447 #7 · p.2447 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Should have asked earlier, now that I think about it, but does any one of us have significant experience with home theater, or projectors and screens and that kind of thing?

I've been stuck buying stuff for my new office all day today, and I'm having to learn about projection screens: matte white, high-contrast grey, gain, lateral angular offset losses, drop, mount, traps, trims, and whatever else. My head is swimming, but hopefully I've finally picked out a projector (Epson 8350), screen (Draper HC Grey 65" Tab-Tensioned Ceiling Mount), and the requisite cables to string everything together. Still have to finish up the screen selection tomorrow, but at least I've made some progress.

Oct 21, 2011 at 01:35 AM
mikegeng
• •
p.2447 #8 · p.2447 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Arrived at Alliance. I started adding up all the camera gear in my luggage and almost fainted when I thought about what I was toting. Definitely a new high water mark for $$$ shuttling around in airplane baggage.

Skys are severe clear here. Place is already well setup, hopped on over to the Commercial terminal and grabbed a few statics with my u4/3rds. flickr upload below, noisy high ISO, but figured somebody needs to kick it off.

Oct 21, 2011 at 01:43 AM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.2447 #9 · p.2447 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Macc wrote:
jbear2000: That 2nd Fat Albert shot is tremendous!

BEAUTIFUL Jon

Oct 21, 2011 at 01:59 AM
skyhawkpilot
• • •
p.2447 #10 · p.2447 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just got to Keystone, FL for an aerobatic contest that my aero club hosts! Lots of cool airplanes and unusual attitudes. Will be sure to post pictures!

Excellent Fat Albert Shot Jon!

@Rodolfo - I work as an event technician at school and have experience with theater systems, projectors and screens and the sort. What kind of help are you looking for?

Oct 21, 2011 at 02:10 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.2447 #11 · p.2447 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Jim for your hospitality at MA2A HQ this afternoon.

We're gonna have an awesome weekend y'all...

Oct 21, 2011 at 02:55 AM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.2447 #12 · p.2447 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You guys and gal handing out such nice compliments is quite humbling. Thanks - Thanks a ton!
Knee deep in "engagement" pics tonight - sweet couple... they deserve a better photog than I for such a momentous occasion! Since they're getting married in Montana, they wanted better engagement pics than wedding pics and had them shot in color season in Tennessee... she doesn't look like a B-25 so i'm in over my head!

Those of you at Alliance, enjoy the show, have fun, shoot lots and bring back some trophies! Wish I coulda been there again this year - but it wasn't to be.

I WILL however be at Pensacola after all and the "usual suspects" that I get to hang out with down here in the southland will have to put up with me for one more show.
I plan to be down for the Thursday practice if i can find where everybody is hanging out - PM me if you know.

Oct 21, 2011 at 02:58 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.2447 #13 · p.2447 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Should have asked earlier, now that I think about it, but does any one of us have significant experience with home theater, or projectors and screens and that kind of thing?

I've been stuck buying stuff for my new office all day today, and I'm having to learn about projection screens: matte white, high-contrast grey, gain, lateral angular offset losses, drop, mount, traps, trims, and whatever else. My head is swimming, but hopefully I've finally picked out a projector (Epson 8350), screen (Draper HC Grey 65" Tab-Tensioned Ceiling Mount), and the requisite cables to string everything together. Still have to
...Show more

I did some research on home theater earlier this year, and I agree with you the the Epson 8350 is at the top of a short list at its price point...and I'm not willing to go enough higher to make a discernible difference. Screens I never did figure out.

Oct 21, 2011 at 03:17 AM
skyhawkpilot
• • •
p.2447 #14 · p.2447 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
I did some research on home theater earlier this year, and I agree with you the the Epson 8350 is at the top of a short list at its price point...and I'm not willing to go enough higher to make a discernible difference. Screens I never did figure out.

You know you are tired when....you totally miss the scenario after the first question...will look into it. Though on first glance, I agree with Steve.

Oct 21, 2011 at 03:19 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.2447 #15 · p.2447 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Thanks Jim for your hospitality at MA2A HQ this afternoon.

We're gonna have an awesome weekend y'all...

Jim, I'd like to add my note of thanks: hanging out at HQ with all y'all was a great way to kick off the weekend. Let the pixel torrent begin!

Oct 21, 2011 at 03:20 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.2447 #16 · p.2447 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We're filed for 9:00 arrival into Alliance. N172DL - see ya'll tomorrow!

Oct 21, 2011 at 03:51 AM
Shaggy Wolf
• • •
p.2447 #17 · p.2447 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jbear - Fat Albert with JATOs, awesome. It's a shame that they don't run those, anymore. I have vague memories of them from when I was a kid, but I hadn't seen the Blues in forever, up until last year, after they stopped using them. Ah well...

Oct 21, 2011 at 03:53 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.2447 #18 · p.2447 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Shaggy Wolf wrote:
Jbear - Fat Albert with JATOs, awesome. It's a shame that they don't run those, anymore. I have vague memories of them from when I was a kid, but I hadn't seen the Blues in forever, up until last year, after they stopped using them. Ah well...

AFAIK, the DoD flat ran out of JATO bottles...

In other news, I went way out on a limb and entered some images in Aviation Week's photo contest. I just got an email informing me I landed 3rd Place in the Defense category with this image:

It will be published in their annual contest issue at the end of the year along with a mug shot and a short bio. I get $100 as well...

Knock me over with a feather!

Oct 21, 2011 at 04:00 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.2447 #19 · p.2447 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

bags are packed, alarm is set, I'm flying out at 6:55am (with going through customs that means I'll have to be at the airport before 5:00am).

Look forward to meeting all of you.

Oct 21, 2011 at 04:01 AM
david russell
• • •
p.2447 #20 · p.2447 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
AFAIK, the DoD flat ran out of JATO bottles...

In other news, I went way out on a limb and entered some images in Aviation Week's photo contest. I just got an email informing me I landed 3rd Place in the Defense category with this image:
<Snip>

It will be published in their annual contest issue at the end of the year along with a mug shot and a short bio. I get $100 as well...

Knock me over with a feather!

Very cool and unique photo. Big Congrats!

Oct 21, 2011 at 04:04 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password