Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              4135       4136       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

How about that landing shot of hnilsson's? I'd be sitting there at pre-dawn and at sunset until security hand cuffed me. What a great vantage point!

JW

Jan 01, 2008 at 04:24 AM
Roger Gulledge
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Taken this Oct. at Kaneohe Marine Corps Base Hawaii, they had to do a low show that day. Could someone explain to me how to get a 30 MG file small enough to upload here and still have it look halfway decent?

Thanks

Roger

Jan 01, 2008 at 04:48 AM
Roger Gulledge
• •
p.3 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan 01, 2008 at 04:51 AM
Roger Gulledge
• •
p.3 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan 01, 2008 at 04:51 AM
Bryan Martin
• •
p.3 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Roger,
I never get tired of the "Boy's in Blue" Nice shot with the wall of fire. Btw, I got to take a ride in a Fat Albert JATO take off during an airshow at Miramar. It's kinda nausiating with the rocket fumes sucking in the cargo bay, but the 3 second Zero gravity was a blast

Jan 01, 2008 at 05:03 AM
LarsOJohannes
• • •
p.3 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

great to see this thread revived.. I was missing it . Happy New Year to all. --Lars

Jan 01, 2008 at 05:08 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ah, yes. All is well when my daughter sleeps happily next to me, her biggest problem is that she let go of her balloon and it "flew away to heaven", and this thread is back on track. I've got no new airplane shots to share with you, but a "happy new year" and a hug to all of you anyway!

Jan 01, 2008 at 12:19 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Right back at you Rodolfo!

JW

Jan 01, 2008 at 04:45 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Lars,

Great to have you back! Happy New Year to you and yours as well!

JW

Jan 01, 2008 at 04:46 PM
Rusty1
• • •
p.3 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A little night show action from NAS Pensacola 07.

Jan 01, 2008 at 04:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Roger,

Nice work! I could have been talked into coming to Hawaii with you for a little one on one photo seminar. On your sizing question, what photo editing program are you using? If it's Photoshop, go to image, then image size, in the pixel size windows put 800 in as your largest parameter and save the image as a jpeg, Make sure you rename it somehow so you don't save the smaller image in place of your original. I usually put "em" at the end to denote e-mail size. Let me know if this helps you.

JW

Jan 01, 2008 at 04:52 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy New Year Rusty!

Nice captures, as usual. Those are some tough conditions to judge and shoot and you did well.

JW

Edited on Jan 01, 2008 at 04:54 PM

Jan 01, 2008 at 04:54 PM
jbaccon
• •
p.3 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy New Year to all. Keep the photos coming.

Just to start off the new year.

Jim

Jan 01, 2008 at 07:26 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

GML

Jan 01, 2008 at 07:51 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Strong as usual Tim! Happy New Year!

Jim

Jan 02, 2008 at 12:16 AM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.3 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, and all,

I don't know much about planes, and they are not my passion as they are yours, but this thread is fantastic, as are the planes and the photographers of them. I can see how they really get you going..,...

Jan 02, 2008 at 04:57 PM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.3 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A few shots from last year, Santa Rosa Air Show in August

Cheers,

Dan

Jan 02, 2008 at 05:18 PM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.3 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
This shot is an interesting result. Shutter is 200, shot with the MKIII. At first blush it appears it's not sharp, but if you really look at it, it's razor sharp from the spinner, across the top and on through the vertical stabilizer. The motion is from the rolling action on the aircraft's centerline axis. The MkIII did exactly what it was asked. And, this guy was rolling at about 720 a second!

JW

First off - Happy New Year! or... Hau'oli Makahiki Hou

Second - I assume that's with a pre-fixed body - have you sent your's in yet and do you see any difference?

Third - on another thread there is a lot of talk about how post fix Mark III images are randomly in focus in some areas and not in others - even when they are on the same focal plane distances. Lots of talk of weird results - even after the fix. Razor thin depth of field, random spot focus, ghosting, perfect low light focus and horrible bright light focus... the list goes on. Mine is soft across the board since the firmware update and there is talk that the firmware is only good for post-fixed cameras. Word has it the 1DSMIII also suffers from the same problems. On mine - it seems the Micro-adjustments have no effect other than to set it to front focus or back focus - and none of it actually IN FOCUS!

Did I say Hau'oli Makahiki Hou?

Its been dismal here in Hawaii - with rain every day (the golf clubs have stayed in the travel bag and won't come out again until we're back in Georgia!) Got a few shots of some surfing but even the waves are nearly summer like on the North Shore. New Years eve was something else though!

If you've ever spent New Years on Oahu - you know what I'm talkin' about! We spent the evening with new friends in Ewa Beach - but I was told its the same everywhere here. The fireworks started around last Thursday with sporadic shots here and there - they got serious all day New Years Eve and it was one after another all day. We got to the party around 6:15 and they were in full swing - and by full swing - not just the party where we were - but EVERY HOUSE IN EWA BEACH! - In the first hour from 6:15 to 7:15 I saw more fireworks than I had seen in every 4th of July and New Years in my entire life all put together! - No lie! And on the hour every hour until 1:00 - it did not stop - it grew and grew and grew - from every house and in every direction. I bet the regular folks who live on Oahu must have spent multiple millions of dollars on fireworks! I've never seen or heard anything like it! There was so much smoke in the air - you'ld think the city was on fire!

Anyway - my Mark III got this surf shot - its the closest thing to flying so far this week...

did I say Hau'oli Makahiki Hou yet?

Edited by jbear2000 on Jan 04, 2008 at 09:32 AM GMT

Edited on Jan 04, 2008 at 02:32 PM

Jan 02, 2008 at 07:16 PM
dg303guy
• •
p.3 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here are a couple for the new thread.

This is a bird of a different feather. I was able to take some time over the holiday break, while visiting family in Tucson, to tour the Titan Museum. It's the only Titan Silo remaining, and is as original as arms agreements allow it to be. I apologize for the quality. I used my P&S Canon while shooting through a dirty observation window. If you have not seen this, go out and take a visit. Very cool, yet very scary at the same time.

Jim

Jan 03, 2008 at 12:38 AM
dg303guy
• •
p.3 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Flown by Apollo 8 Astronaut Bill Anders.

Jan 03, 2008 at 12:42 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password