1       2      
       4              983       984       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

carrg1954
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Steve
even the pencils for the anson's navigator were vintage...
regards

Mar 20, 2017 at 07:13 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A nice air to anything platform....................

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:05 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, looks like someone has the Starship Enterprise on their back

Edit to add a TOPP before Anwar catches me!

Mar 21, 2017 at 07:56 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good Morning Laura,

I could have used your expertise on Sunday afternoon. Seems a combination of life, genetics, age, whatever has caused my BP to creep up over the last couple of years. My Doc asked me to get a wrist BP monitor a while back and keep a month long record for him so he could determine the proper course of action. Well, schedules being what they are I haven't stopped long enough to do that. Sunday, on the way to catch my helicopter, I dropped into a CVS to get a teether for my glasses and remembered, so I got one of those OMRON wrist cuff monitors. I had a little time prior to my flight so I set it up, paired it with my iPhone and did a quick check. Um, then I took a couple of deep breaths, attempted to go to a mental "happy place" and took a half dozen more readings, not much change. I emailed the results to my Doc/brother in law and called him to see what his thoughts were. He asked me where I was and I told him, at which point he said, "go to the nearest ER, do not get on a helicopter, don't do anything but what I'm telling you to do!"

Well, under the heading of our "Do you want the shot, or not................?!", with a helicopter enroute and a couple hour window to get the footage needed, I did a little amateur analysis of my situation. I know, I know, "silent killer" and all, but cancelling this mission mid stream would have been really bad form and would have left some very significant friends and clients in the lurch. So, I took stock of what was happening, no symptoms, felt great, went to a pharmacy and double checked the readings with their machine, not much change. By this time Sheila had talked with my Doc and she was calling me, Doc Tom was calling to reiterate the urgency of his instructions, and none of this was helping my BP situation. The helicopter arrived a little early, I spent a quiet moment asking The Lord to protect me in spite of my stupidity, and promised everyone I would head to the nearest ER after my assignment was completed. The flight was perfection, and I always slip into that cathartic, post assignment state so I figured that would help. Once on the ground I kept my promise, returned the dozen texts from Sheila and my Doc, as I drove to meet Sheila at the ER.

I'm not advocating this line of behavior, am fully aware that at 221/something equally horrible, I was rolling the dice with an awful lot at stake, but I think, stupidity not withstanding, I have answered the "Do you want the shot or not........" question once and for all. And yes, I spent four hours in the ER Sunday night/Monday morning, no damage to my heart/kidneys, perfect EKG, then saw my internal medicine guy first thing yesterday and we're in the process of getting my numbers in the reasonable range.

Mar 21, 2017 at 08:26 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey, did you see that my hair is kind of mimicking Glenn's spike? That might just be the secret to excellent results........

Mar 21, 2017 at 08:28 AM
Zane Adams
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dang, Jim!

BP is nothing to mess around with...and I'm glad turned out well....but...don't want to sound preachy and I don't have much room to talk health wise...but...

Your story has all the ear marks of the Get-Homeitus stories that get people killed in aviation. I know you weren't the one operating the aircraft and all...but the perspective is the same...how bad do we want the shot, to get home, etc is a dangerous thing that we must evaluate all the time. We all seem to know our limits better than anyone else...until it's too late.

I suspect you have posted this as a cautionary tale....I take it as such and thank you for that...but..

Take care of yourself! Love ya man!

Mar 21, 2017 at 08:50 AM
Ttown Aubie
• •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Take care of yourself Jim and get that blood pressure under control.

Mar 21, 2017 at 09:12 AM
ELinder
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, it almost looks like you were wearing a Softie?

What Zane said! If you were flying with an A&P and he told you he sees something he doesn't like and that you should land ASAP would you have continued to your destination?? Your doc is your A&P, he probably knows what he's talking about more than you do!

Erich

Mar 21, 2017 at 09:14 AM
alawadhi
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Good Morning Laura,

I could have used your expertise on Sunday afternoon. Seems a combination of life, genetics, age, whatever has caused my BP to creep up over the last couple of years. My Doc asked me to get a wrist BP monitor a while back and keep a month long record for him so he could determine the proper course of action. Well, schedules being what they are I haven't stopped long enough to do that. Sunday, on the way to catch my helicopter, I dropped into a CVS to get a teether for my glasses and remembered, so I
...Show more

A totally unacceptable behaviour, punishable by my law, it seems that you would like to be grounded for a couple of months

Mar 21, 2017 at 09:47 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

carrg1954 wrote:
Steve
even the pencils for the anson's navigator were vintage...
regards

I knew that!

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, I'm happy you're still with us to write your mea maxima culpa note but, darn it, don't do that again!

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:43 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Pffft Jim don't do that again "Bad Boy" I know been there done that and spend 42 weeks at home and I didn't get the shot no pun intended

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM
kwbarnes
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim,

Happy to hear that you are OK.

Don't take that kind of chance. In that situation, asking yourself "Do you want the shot, or not................?!", is the wrong question to ask. You should have asked, "Do I want tomorrows shot,............ or not?"

Take care of yourself, postpone a couple of assignments if you have to. Do what the doctor tells you to do, relax, kick back and watch the grand children play.

Take care of yourself,
Ken

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:25 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey, did you see that my hair is kind of mimicking Glenn's spike? That might just be the secret to excellent results........

Just add a hangover and you're there!

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:57 PM
bobl
• • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glad you're still with us, Jim ... don't do that!!!!!!!

Mar 21, 2017 at 01:18 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks everyone, sorry, and I am in the process of getting it taken care of. Already down in the mid 160's and it hasn't been 24 hours. Won't repeat this scenario .

Mar 21, 2017 at 02:01 PM
JamesG
• •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, glad to hear you're ok and on the mend!

Last Jaguar shot I promise.....(well until the next shoot)

Mar 21, 2017 at 04:36 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Then again, as sick as I am right now, I may have yanked you off that chopper, hauled you up over my shoulders, and driven you to the ER myself. Luckily all appears to have turned out well and your pilot didn't have to divert to an emergency room's helipad for you. We're getting to the age where our bodies aren't what we want them to be, no matter how much of a superhero workerbee we want to be.

(My sickness is a nasal infection the doc discovered Friday after hearing the change in my voice. High dosage of antibiotics for me. Now my voice is about five octaves lower than normal, my shift for tonight was cancelled for low census, and I'm going to do the sensible thing for once, and get more rest between now and my next scheduled day on Saturday. I'm not normally a whiny sick person, but last night at work about did me in and I asked for the cancellation if it was going to be done.)

Hopefully Sheila and your brother in law have recovered from the anxiety as well.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Good Morning Laura,

I could have used your expertise on Sunday afternoon. Seems a combination of life, genetics, age, whatever has caused my BP to creep up over the last couple of years. My Doc asked me to get a wrist BP monitor a while back and keep a month long record for him so he could determine the proper course of action. Well, schedules being what they are I haven't stopped long enough to do that. Sunday, on the way to catch my helicopter, I dropped into a CVS to get a teether for my glasses and remembered, so I
...Show more

Mar 21, 2017 at 04:49 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Feel better Laura!

Man, I've never been chewed out in Arabic before........ Anwar put me on the straight and narrow. We had a great conversation this afternoon (his late night).

I appreciate all of you, as you know, and I fully realize that my judgement call had far less judgement than call. As I said, if I had been experiencing the slightest symptom, there would have been no hesitation. Turns out The Good Lord had my back, as always. I found out this morning that my helicopter is equipped with the same triage equipment the special forces use. Every medical tool available including visual monitoring and real time stats going straight to one of the finest emergency medical facilities in the world, located in Phoenix. Both my pilot and my safety pilot are uber trained EMS folks. They had no idea what my situation was, but if I took a turn south, they would have. Oh well, another chapter for the book.

Mar 21, 2017 at 06:34 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/

http://www.secondscount.org/treatments/treatments-detail-2/high-blood-pressure--your-health-managing-silent-k-2

Read up on all the side effects of the BP meds you are taking now. Some of them (ACE inhibitors) cause a cough as one of the side effects, and if you get that cough, go see the doc so they can change it.

Others will make you tire more easily. It's a delicate balance and will take a while to get your dosages in the right balance for you.

Nice on the equipment, but I"m sure the pilot and safety pilot would much rather not be using their fancy stuff on you.

© NightOwl Cat 2017

Mar 21, 2017 at 07:50 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.