Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              565      
       567       568       end

Alternative Image Thread 3

zephoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.566 #1 · Alternative Image Thread 3

A77 / CZ24-70

Jan 03, 2014 at 01:38 AM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.566 #2 · Alternative Image Thread 3

6D + Sigma 50/1.4

jess. by patricklikeslight, on Flickr

Jan 03, 2014 at 03:06 AM
Tarocco
• •
p.566 #3 · Alternative Image Thread 3

Just picked up a Zuiko 50 f2 macro and I'm still figuring it out. So far it seems to be a pretty remarkable lens - great sharpness, nice rendering and 1:2 macro. It's big for a Zuiko but still small compared to most comparable lenses. Only downside is that the rear protrusion doesn't clear a Nex EF Speedbooster. Some shots on a 6D although Flickr doesn't do them justice:

Jan 14, 2014 at 02:33 AM
helimat
• • • •
p.566 #4 · Alternative Image Thread 3

Sadly, this great thread is getting less and less traffic these days, and I'm just as much to blame as anyone.

Here are three different shots all from the standard focal length range:

6D + Rokkor 58/1.2 by helimat, on Flickr

6D + Zeiss 50/2 by helimat, on Flickr

Sigma DP2 Merrill - HD by helimat, on Flickr

Cheers

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Grenache
• • •
p.566 #5 · Alternative Image Thread 3

Nikon 35mm f/1.4 AiS:

Decco by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

Minolta 58mm f/1.2 PG:

Last Stand by Only_to_be_kind, on Flickr

Happy New Year,
Jim

Jan 16, 2014 at 06:08 AM
cherubino
• •
p.566 #6 · Alternative Image Thread 3

The one of the couple on the beach is Sublime!!!!

Jan 16, 2014 at 01:28 PM
helimat
• • • •
p.566 #7 · Alternative Image Thread 3

cherubino wrote:
The one of the couple on the beach is Sublime!!!!

Thanks.

Jan 16, 2014 at 09:45 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • •
p.566 #8 · Alternative Image Thread 3

Here are a few with the Nikon 105 Ai from a portrait session

Jan 21, 2014 at 05:22 AM
Steve Spencer
• • • • •
p.566 #9 · Alternative Image Thread 3

Here's another one with the Nikon 105 f/2.5 Ai. This one a very different type of shot from Yosemite Falls last spring during the run off.

Jan 22, 2014 at 06:17 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.566 #10 · Alternative Image Thread 3

randomly going through my archives processing old images.

olympus e520 with nikkor 80-400mm VR:

and with the zuiko 70-300mm:

Jan 24, 2014 at 09:15 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

MI_Phil

p.566 #11 · Alternative Image Thread 3

Here's my first image to the Alternative Gear and Lenses forum. Decided to get an adapter to mate Minolta Rokkor lenses to a Canon EOS 20D. This was one of the first attempts at using the 58/1.2 PG on the Canon. Not the best subject perhaps but being caught up in the "polar vortex" here and desperate to break the monotony of being somewhat snowbound some winter frost on a window caught my eye.

phil

Jan 26, 2014 at 03:03 AM
KrankyKraut

p.566 #12 · Alternative Image Thread 3

6D and Yashica ML 50mm 1.9

Purple Rose by FilmFlamMan, on Flickr

Feb 04, 2014 at 04:03 AM
denoir
• • • •
p.566 #13 · Alternative Image Thread 3

Trying out a new "tripod".. with a Gopro Hero3+ Black camera:

Almost forgot - here's the "tripod" in question:

It's a DJI Phantom 2 with a Zemuse H3-2D gimbal. Unbelievable little thing. My conclusion is that the Gopro 3+ is not good enough for photography, but fantastic for video. Here's an example that I shot with the setup above:
https://vimeo.com/85660151

Feb 06, 2014 at 02:13 PM
mortyb
• • •
p.566 #14 · Alternative Image Thread 3

^ Cool!

Feb 06, 2014 at 02:56 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.566 #15 · Alternative Image Thread 3

Nice to see you here, Luka! Are you allowed to fly over gamla stan?

Feb 06, 2014 at 08:35 PM
Toothwalker
• • •
p.566 #16 · Alternative Image Thread 3

denoir wrote:
Trying out a new "tripod".. with a Gopro Hero3+ Black camera:

. How do you compose, or do you just shoot around and pick the good ones later?

Feb 06, 2014 at 10:20 PM
sflxn
• • •
p.566 #17 · Alternative Image Thread 3

Denoir, what other cameras have you tried attaching to it? This looks really fun.

Feb 06, 2014 at 10:39 PM
denoir
• • • •
p.566 #18 · Alternative Image Thread 3

carstenw wrote:
Nice to see you here, Luka! Are you allowed to fly over gamla stan?

Hi Carsten As things are now it's completely unregulated. However IMO one should be a bit careful. The thing weighs about 4 kg and crashing it onto a busy street probably wouldn't be good. I'm also not sure how happy they would be if I flew it over the royal palace (next to gamla stan).

Toothwalker wrote:
. How do you compose, or do you just shoot around and pick the good ones later?

I have a live video downlink with a range of about a km (more if you are flying outside the city where there is less radio interference). For the most part I fly FPV (first person view) through a monitor - the drone is usually too high up and far away to be seen or even heard.

There's a catch though - I can control the tilt of the gimbal and the aircraft itself, but I can't trigger the Gopro shutter remotely. So I put it in a time lapse mode so that it takes a shot every 5 seconds. So I frame, wait for it to take a shot and fly on.

The ultimate problem is however that for still photos the Gopro Hero3+ Black just sucks - worse than a modern mobile phone camera. (For video on the other hand it's actually very good in terms of quality)

sflxn wrote:
Denoir, what other cameras have you tried attaching to it? This looks really fun.

I haven't, but others have. The RX100 is a popular choice although not really suitable for video as you can't attach it to a stabilized gimbal. The quad's carrying capacity is about 1.4 kg. You also have to figure out how to trigger the shutter. Wi-Fi is not a good idea as the main controller uses 2.4 GHz as well and there have been cases of flyaway drones (earlier versions, supposedly they have it fixed now, but still).

There's also a version with a built in camera: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/ that actually has RAW support. It seems to be a bit better for photography than the gopro, but much worse for video (no gimbal stabilization) and a much more limited range (about 300 meters instead of 1+ km)

And yes, it's really fun

Feb 07, 2014 at 05:33 AM
sflxn
• • •
p.566 #19 · Alternative Image Thread 3

denoir wrote:
I haven't, but others have. The RX100 is a popular choice although not really suitable for video as you can't attach it to a stabilized gimbal. The quad's carrying capacity is about 1.4 kg. You also have to figure out how to trigger the shutter. Wi-Fi is not a good idea as the main controller uses 2.4 GHz as well and there have been cases of flyaway drones (earlier versions, supposedly they have it fixed now, but still).

There's also a version with a built in camera: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/ that actually has RAW support. It seems to be a bit better for
...Show more

Are you able to see the video live on your phone over wifi? I can't believe the range would be that good if you could.

Feb 07, 2014 at 05:37 AM
denoir
• • • •
p.566 #20 · Alternative Image Thread 3

sflxn wrote:
Are you able to see the video live on your phone over wifi? I can't believe the range would be that good if you could.

I have a 5.8 GHz analog video downlink that has a range of 1+ km. I have not flown further than about 400m up and 1 km away but others have pushed it much furhter. On the ground side I have a reciever hooked up to a monitor. I can see what the camera sees plus an overlay of information that shows me the battery status, drone position, speed, number of GPS satellites locked etc

That other version with a built in camera uses Wi-Fi to give a live feed, and yes, the range is much shorter compared to the analog 5.8 GHz system.

Feb 07, 2014 at 05:52 AM
       567       568       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

567       568       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password