FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2007 · #275: let her go

Vipermike
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · #275: let her go

jban99 wrote:
Only a bleeding heart can be responsible for such an inspiration, Mike!
Congratulations on another exquisite work of art.
Did you intentionally overexpose the top of the hand? It helps conveying the feeling of pain…

Hey John!! Does the scar show that much

We both know overexposure is taboo but yes John I also felt it added to the tension. I'm glad it works for you as well. I was slightly concerned about it.

Thanks John, I always value your opinion.

Dec 09, 2007 at 01:26 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · #275: let her go

ruuskan wrote:
I can't help thinking this presents something you're going through right now...
An excellent image for sure

Jouko! Great to see you. You can rest easy my friend. It's all in the past This and my last entry were just inspired by the memories.

Dec 09, 2007 at 01:33 PM
hhski
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · #275: let her go

I am in awe week after week. The dirty look on the arm and hands. The polished look of the chain. Its not the images alone that impress but the variety of technique and theme that you present each week.

Dec 09, 2007 at 02:04 PM
Jazno
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · #275: let her go

Beautiful, in a sad sort of way; like sunshine during funeral, or the joyful times just hours before leaving a friend for a long time...

Very nice, Mike.

Jason

Dec 09, 2007 at 05:29 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · #275: let her go

Wow. What a powerful image. Great quality. Great composition. Great title. Great linkage with the theme. A1 work VM.

Dec 09, 2007 at 08:07 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · #275: let her go

hhski wrote:
I am in awe week after week. The dirty look on the arm and hands. The polished look of the chain. Its not the images alone that impress but the variety of technique and theme that you present each week.

Howard my friend, thank you so much. I really do have a lot of fun banging my head for ideas. I know most of my shots are far from traditional and I appreciate that everyone here accepts them for what they are.

Dec 09, 2007 at 09:30 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · #275: let her go

TRENTPULL wrote:
Mike, this picture has your signature style all over it! I knew even before opening it who it was taken by. You have a real ability to capture close personal emotion invoking drama in all your posts. Another excellent post by you.
Trent

Hi Trent, Thanks buddy!! You know what's funny? I actually do try to shoot for whole scenes a lot of times. It never fails, I always find myself moving in closer and isolating my subjects. Not sure why that is.

Dec 09, 2007 at 09:46 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · #275: let her go

Jazno wrote:
Beautiful, in a sad sort of way; like sunshine during funeral, or the joyful times just hours before leaving a friend for a long time...

Very nice, Mike.

Jason

Beautifully put Jason. Thank you for that.

Edited by Vipermike on Dec 09, 2007 at 06:57 PM GMT

Dec 09, 2007 at 09:48 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · #275: let her go

Eyeball wrote:
Wow. What a powerful image. Great quality. Great composition. Great title. Great linkage with the theme. A1 work VM.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am glad it had some effect on you. I appreciate knowing that very much!

Dec 09, 2007 at 09:57 PM
Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · #275: let her go

Stunning.

Dec 10, 2007 at 06:40 AM
MichAg92
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · #275: let her go

I continue to be amazed by the genius of your ideas and your execution. Perfectly conveyence of strong emotion. -amy

Dec 10, 2007 at 09:33 AM
Karen Gilligan
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · #275: let her go

Mike,

This is painful to view. You have communicated so much using just colored dots. It will never cease to amaze me what can be conveyed by just an image. Thank you for sharing. You know what I would say but I have to say it anyway…. WOW - Great Shot! Good Luck as always.

Karen

Dec 10, 2007 at 10:47 AM
Marc Hebert

p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · #275: let her go

This picture speaks volume, another great one from you. I truly enjoy seeing your entries each week.

Dec 10, 2007 at 12:24 PM
markoner
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · #275: let her go

Superb shot ! Very creative, aesthetic and it tells a story.
Without getting exactly what it was I guessed the scarf was the representation of a woman. The motion blur made me think she was moving away. So much tension in that arm. So much contradiction (would work well for the MA too)...
So, appart from the blown highlights that I personally don't like (they disturb me and I think every detail is important in this arm), it's a very successful shot to me Mike.

Congrats !

Julien

Dec 10, 2007 at 07:03 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · #275: let her go

Thanks for the support and encouragement guys! It means a lot and it will be carried over into my next shot. Thank you.

Julien, thank you for sharing your feeling about the blown out area on the hand. I appreciate it very much. I too am usually very strict about my technical. In a side by side, I felt it more compelling and appropriate for this comp. Perhaps it was the mood I was in while creating the piece,. bitter, angry, sad, and forgiving all at the same time. Perhaps I just didn't care. Thank you for letting me know it matters to you. It can only help me in my work. Not that it is going to change in this piece one bit! Thanks again Julien

Dec 11, 2007 at 12:51 PM
strawman
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · #275: let her go

Awesome. Was just browsing to see about possibly entering the WA in the coming weeks...but with work like this I wouldn't stand a chance.

Dec 11, 2007 at 03:57 PM
Beverly Guhl
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · #275: let her go

Beyond amazing. Excellent as always. Great concept and perfectly executed.

Dec 11, 2007 at 06:35 PM
contre-jour
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · #275: let her go

As it already says here, it is your thought processes, technique and vision of the theme that stands out each week...and then there is your superb quality. The arm and hand details are just amazing!

Jamie

Dec 11, 2007 at 06:55 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · #275: let her go

Everything you do is extraordinary, Mike, my friend. What's the point of trying to compete with you Yet another fabulous shot (Sigh) Bravo!

All best wishes,

Endre

Dec 12, 2007 at 02:44 AM
Vipermike
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · #275: let her go

Hey Bev, and Jamie! Thank you guys for stopping by and your kindness. It's always appreciated!

strawman wrote:
Awesome. Was just browsing to see about possibly entering the WA in the coming weeks...but with work like this I wouldn't stand a chance.

Hi Doug, I'm glad you like my piece. If it were not for the WA, that image would not exist and you would not have been able to enjoy it. I didn't shoot it to compete either. I shot it to share with you and to learn from my shot. Doug, If someone asked me....Mike, What can I do to get the most enjoyment out of photography and better my skills, no matter if they were a beginner or a pro, I would say "Fred Miranda's WA and MA. The folks here are the nicest you could ever meet. You may receive constructive criticism but you will never be judged. The talent ranges from the new to the advanced but we all share an appreciation for photography. We all learn and benefit from each other’s work. Striving to make the finals just forces us to try our best. In doing so we all get better with every shot we submit. I hope to see you around the WA! -Mike

Dec 12, 2007 at 03:12 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.