FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              41      
       end

Archive 2007 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

elader
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.42 #1 · p.42 #1 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Well I went and did this. Ritz has it in stock with the lens kit. No use fo rthe lens, but I figure I can get $300 for it. Interestingly I am in MD and they are in MD, but they discount by mail order so essentially they do not charge sales tax. Shippingis free as well. Any problems and I can just bring it back to Rittz down the street from me.

I am excited for this update. Now I just have to figure out if I should hold on to my 20D. My little girl uses a D30, but I dont think I can give her the 20D - too upsetting if she drops it.

Aug 31, 2007 at 09:12 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.42 #2 · p.42 #2 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Brian, this is easy. You just say "Honey, good news, I was going to buy a $4500 camera, but decided to go with a $1300 camera instead. Oh, by the way, it will be here in a day or 2"
Ron

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:31 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.42 #3 · p.42 #3 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

I had an email from Amazon this morning when I got up at 6AM. It sez delivery will be delayed until 10/1 - 10/15 instead of today. I wonder if this is payback by Canon to Amazon for the early posting?
Ron

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:34 AM
GeorgeK-NJ
• • •
p.42 #4 · p.42 #4 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

I thought about the 40D with the lens also. It seems for $200, the 28-135 IS is not bad lens to pick up, either to sell, or to have as a "Beater Lens" when you don't want to take an "L" with you. As for holding on to the 20D, I would. It's still a good camera. Take your grip off of the 20D, use it on the 40D, and keep the 28-135 on your 20D as your take anywhere camera. My take anywhere don't give a "____" camera combo is my 20D w/o grip and Sigma 18-200 OS. Have fun and let us know how you like it!

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:41 AM
pcutter

p.42 #5 · p.42 #5 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Has anyone in the UK bought a 40D from Hong Kong on ebay? If so, I would be interested to hear how it went, and what you got.

I just bought a new lens from B&H in NYC, and got clobbered for VAT. If you have had a good experience, perhaps you could share who you bought the camera from.

Also, did you receive a UK version, with UK manual?

Thanks

Aug 31, 2007 at 01:11 PM
Alek Komarnits
• • •
p.42 #6 · p.42 #6 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Got same Email that surfron got about delayed order. So I called Amazon and had a nice discussion ... but didn't learn anything new - they were just out of stock. However, he fiddled with the order on his end and BAMM, estimated delivery date is now September 4th - wish me luck.

More info and screenshots on my page that compares the Canon 40D versus the XTi - hopefully I'll have actual images up next week.

Aug 31, 2007 at 02:19 PM
thehawkins
• • •
p.42 #7 · p.42 #7 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

I'm one of the other Amazon orderers and I got the email this morning and was like "Crap!!" So I might just buy it from Ritz in order for me to have it by my birthday on the 15th.

And Alek - thanks for the Hulk and camera lights shows from years past.

Aug 31, 2007 at 03:56 PM
Alek Komarnits
• • •
p.42 #8 · p.42 #8 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

thehawkins wrote:
And Alek - thanks for the Hulk and camera lights shows from years past.

Glad you have enjoyed 'em - almost time to start setting out the halloween decorations which is just a warmup for the christmas lights - HO, HO, HO! ;-)

As i noted above, you might try calling Amazon. I was mostly curious just what happened and wasn't pushy at all (I'm sure they get enough of that) ... and at least right now (!), the order shows it will be shipped on September 5th.

Aug 31, 2007 at 05:50 PM
Stunnaz
• • •
p.42 #9 · p.42 #9 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

I ordered from Ritz yesterday and it shipped today. I got it with the 28-135mm and plan on selling the lens. Ritz is actually $10 cheaper than Amazon for me as I used Google checkout. No tax/shipping either. $1489.99 out the door. Paying $190 more for a brand new 28-135mm seems like a good way to make the 40D a better bargain.

I usually go with Amazon for 80% of my camera equipments, but this time it looks like Amazon's got more orders than they can handle.

Aug 31, 2007 at 05:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

brad_s
• • •
p.42 #10 · p.42 #10 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Stunnaz wrote:
I ordered from Ritz yesterday and it shipped today. I got it with the 28-135mm and plan on selling the lens. Ritz is actually $10 cheaper than Amazon for me as I used Google checkout. No tax/shipping either. $1489.99 out the door. Paying $190 more for a brand new 28-135mm seems like a good way to make the 40D a better bargain.

I usually go with Amazon for 80% of my camera equipments, but this time it looks like Amazon's got more orders than they can handle.

did you get confirmation? I'm dying to find one in the stores. I'm also on pre-order with Amazon, but who knows when that is going to happen. appearently they are shipping mine today.

Aug 31, 2007 at 06:09 PM
Stunnaz
• • •
p.42 #11 · p.42 #11 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

With Ritz you can go on their website and use your order number to check on that order. Mine went from "order processing" to "order sent to warehouse" to "shipped" all in a matter of hours.

Aug 31, 2007 at 06:27 PM
holmespun
• • •
p.42 #12 · p.42 #12 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Same here. I got the email from Amazon this morning delaying my order that was supposed to arrive today. I ordered from Ritz today, and it's already shipped. Sorry Amazon.

Aug 31, 2007 at 07:07 PM
Hersch
• • • •
p.42 #13 · p.42 #13 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Received mine this morning from Berger Bros. First thing I noticed when taking it out of the box was the hot shoe. No longer painted black Feels and looks slightly larger and heavier but not by much.

Off to read the manual.

Grant

Aug 31, 2007 at 07:17 PM
elader
• • • •
p.42 #14 · p.42 #14 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

I got the email from RItz saying it shipped same day as ordered.

Sep 01, 2007 at 04:07 AM
brad_s
• • •
p.42 #15 · p.42 #15 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

elader wrote:
I got the email from RItz saying it shipped same day as ordered.

Ordered the body only from Ritz earlier today that said "now shipping" then my confirmation comes back as back ordered. ...spoke to customer service and they said the kit is available and the body only is sold out.

Sep 01, 2007 at 05:39 AM
Stunnaz
• • •
p.42 #16 · p.42 #16 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

wow I guess Ritz ran out on the body as well. If you don't mind wasting a little time selling lenses the kit is actually a better deal anyways.

My kit that I ordered from them yesterday shipped and I got Fedex tracking already.

Sep 01, 2007 at 05:44 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.42 #17 · p.42 #17 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

I received 2 emails from Amazon today.
First one sez that it will be shipped late September or early October. I had emailed them asking why estimated delivery date went from late Sep. to 8/31, and then to late Sept. to early Oct. They did not really answer my question.

Second one sez shipped with a tracking number, and delivery 9/4....

First one sent @ 12:29PM and second one sent @ 4:59PM

Stand by........
Ron

Sep 01, 2007 at 11:58 PM
JohnnyGCanon
• •
p.42 #18 · p.42 #18 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

surfnron wrote:
I received 2 emails from Amazon today.
First one sez that it will be shipped late September or early October. I had emailed them asking why estimated delivery date went from late Sep. to 8/31, and then to late Sept. to early Oct. They did not really answer my question.

Second one sez shipped with a tracking number, and delivery 9/4....

First one sent @ 12:29PM and second one sent @ 4:59PM

Stand by........
Ron

I have exactly the same thing! It came right out of the blue as I didn't expect it.

Originally I was told I would receive it August 31st. That happened on the 30th and they said it would come overnight but of course it didn't. That order never got a tracking number and was still open to change. This one I have now has the tracking number with the date of September 4th like yours! Although I can't imagine them moving it on the holiday but I guess anything is possible but I wouldn't be upset if I didn't get it until the 5th!

Sep 02, 2007 at 05:15 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password