Archive 2007 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

brad_s
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #1 · p.41 #1 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

BarnDog wrote:
Well, gave mine a try too:

Amazon, ordered a few hours after:

Was set to deliver the week of September 24th w/ standard shipping.
1 day shipping and it said August 31.
I won't be here so I changed it back.
Then it said Sept 27-Oct 1
Then I changed it back to 1 day and it said Sept. 7th.
Then I changed it to 2 day and it said Sept. 4th.

I like the number 4 so I left it alone.

So the big question is:

If I get it on September 4th and I have a big wedding to shoot on September 8th, do I use it?

Yes!!! Just bring your existing body as a back-up.

Aug 30, 2007 at 03:22 PM
BrianSkibinski
• •
p.41 #2 · p.41 #2 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

I didn't read the whole thread but I would personally like to thank whoever found out the updated shipping date on Amazon. My order was set for Sept 20 (with arrival on the 21). Switched to 2 day and it went to Sept 4, Switched to one day and it went to tomorrow. You made my day. Woot!

I suspect the camera would ship today anyway. Amazon routinely sends out pre-orders without updating the estimated arrival, so I suspect they got the shipment from Canon and didn't update the billing system with the new date. Plus, it always looks good to get orders out 3 weeks prior to the estimate!

Aug 30, 2007 at 03:29 PM
Pat Simons

p.41 #3 · p.41 #3 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Wanting a 40D too! But me not that in a hurry for I, I'll wait a month or so!

Aug 30, 2007 at 04:27 PM
stanj
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #4 · p.41 #4 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Allen_Maestas wrote:
B&H seems to always get their stuff last.

Hmm, I got my D60 and 1Ds2 from them the day it started shipping. And if anyone remembers the D60, that was no easy trick!

Aug 30, 2007 at 04:45 PM
Alek Komarnits
• • •
p.41 #5 · p.41 #5 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

For those who haven't waded through the 100+ page thread about the 40D, there's comments starting on page 99 where some folks talk about updating there Amazon Shipping (but not changing anything) and BAMMM ... estimated delivery moves up a month.

I figured it might be worthwhile to start a new thread for those that haven't heard, and you can see some screenshots of my Canon 40D order - scheduled to shop today - SWEET!

alek

P.S. Mods/Jeff: apologies if not appropriate to start a new thread, but thought this was worth getting the word out about - please merge into the Master thread if not.

Edited by Alek Komarnits on Aug 30, 2007 at 11:12 AM GMT

Aug 30, 2007 at 04:49 PM
Jonesy
• • • •
p.41 #6 · p.41 #6 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Just got an email from Cord camera saying it's now in stock.....

Aug 30, 2007 at 05:12 PM
harleygsb
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #7 · p.41 #7 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Canon moved up the ship dates on a lot of its cameras on Amazon. The G9 ship date jumped from 10/15 to tomorrow.

Aug 30, 2007 at 05:16 PM
Mike Maliden

p.41 #8 · p.41 #8 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Well at 1:00pm CDT on 8/30/07 it is on Amazon. I just left there

Aug 30, 2007 at 06:02 PM
jwurian

p.41 #9 · p.41 #9 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Don't do it twice. My original delivery date was 28 Sep-1 Oct which was fine with me. Being the curious type I did what you suggested and my date was moved forward to Sep 10. I'll be away from home then so I went back it to see if I could leave info about my schedule. I hit confirm again and my new delivery date is Oct 8-12. That's OK with me but it might not be for others.

Aug 30, 2007 at 07:57 PM
bbudman
• • •
p.41 #10 · p.41 #10 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

I am not sure how many here ordered a camera from Ritz but here is a little information I thought I would share. Just received information that the 40D I ordered from Ritz in the late afternoon on the 22nd has shipped. I really wasn't expecting it until late next month so that is pretty impressive service. On the other hand I still haven't told my wife that I ordered it so I guess I need to break the news to her!

Aug 30, 2007 at 08:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Allen Maestas
• • • • • •
p.41 #11 · p.41 #11 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

bbudman wrote:
I am not sure how many here ordered a camera from Ritz but here is a little information I thought I would share. Just received information that the 40D I ordered from Ritz in the late afternoon on the 22nd has shipped. I really wasn't expecting it until late next month so that is pretty impressive service. On the other hand I still haven't told my wife that I ordered it so I guess I need to break the news to her!

I ordered one from 3 different companies, Ritz shipped it 1st, seems they were on the ball this time Cancelled my other two orders with no problem Should have it in my hands possibly Saturday, but more than likely Tuesday.

Al

Aug 30, 2007 at 08:50 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.41 #12 · p.41 #12 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

trenchmonkey wrote:
Find it hard to believe their lil LI stores will get any quantity of 40D's before the big boys
of Adorama and B&H. Anyone can pre-sell something not in hand. Time will tell.

many people have received tracking numbers from their first set of 25. they expect 25 more in tomorrow. i think someone even said they went in and picked it up in person, unless i misread while zipping over 10,000 posts too quickly. i got in on the second batch of 25. there might still be some left from that. as of 7pm there were still a few. not sure about now.

Aug 31, 2007 at 01:03 AM
Jason Anderson
• • • •
p.41 #13 · p.41 #13 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Seeing as how I just canceled my MBP after a miserable 5 hours of poor technical and customer support from Apple - I should be able to swing this and a nice lens to boot!

Aug 31, 2007 at 01:08 AM
srene
• • •
p.41 #14 · p.41 #14 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

it is funny how the 40d was available on amazon for 1299 from photoworld earlier today. Now is has gone up to 1349? Seriously!

Rene

Aug 31, 2007 at 01:55 AM
bbudman
• • •
p.41 #15 · p.41 #15 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

srene wrote:
it is funny how the 40d was available on amazon for 1299 from photoworld earlier today. Now is has gone up to 1349? Seriously!

Rene

Even worse, some place called The Imaging World is asking $1499 for the body only! I realize companies do this due to supply and demand and they know people will pay it but it really upsets me to know that a business would stoop so low! In the end I think it hurts them a little because people like me would never do business with them after seeing them rip off others. Just like the MkIII. B&H might be out of stock but they didn't jack the price up to $5k like alot of dealers trying to make the extra profit.

Aug 31, 2007 at 04:14 AM
BrianHamilton
• •
p.41 #16 · p.41 #16 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

I never used Ritz before, but my order shipped today. I mainly used them because I can return it to a store if there are any problems. Someone earlier posted they haven't told their wife they ordered it. I am in the same boat. So how should I break the news to her? Any suggestions? I thought I had another couple of weeks to save up. Oh well. Its easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

Aug 31, 2007 at 05:19 AM
brad_s
• • •
p.41 #17 · p.41 #17 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

BrianHamilton wrote:
I never used Ritz before, but my order shipped today. I mainly used them because I can return it to a store if there are any problems. Someone earlier posted they haven't told their wife they ordered it. I am in the same boat. So how should I break the news to her? Any suggestions? I thought I had another couple of weeks to save up. Oh well. Its easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

Sorry, I can't help you there. I told my wife in January that I'm going to upgrade this fall. I just had to explain to her that the camera is here a month early.

Aug 31, 2007 at 06:41 AM
brad_s
• • •
p.41 #18 · p.41 #18 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

BrianHamilton wrote:

Sorry, I can't help you there. I told my wife in January that I'm going to upgrade this fall. I just had to explain to her that the camera is here a month early.

Aug 31, 2007 at 06:41 AM
mynessa

p.41 #19 · p.41 #19 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

My original date of shipping actually added time.

Order Placed: August 21, 2007
Delivery estimate: September 21, 2007

I did the confirm shipping speed, and I paid one day shipping in the original order. Now it says

Shipping estimate: September 28, 2007 - October 12, 2007
Delivery estimate: October 1, 2007 - October 15, 200

Aug 31, 2007 at 07:01 AM
Stunnaz
• • •
p.41 #20 · p.41 #20 · •Eos 40D Master Thread•

Yes it happened to me too. Do not update the shipping in Amazon anymore, it will only add time.

Aug 31, 2007 at 07:14 AM
1       2       3              40      
       42       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              40      
       42       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password