Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2007 · #255 - Home

Patricia March
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · #255 - Home

Dear Mike...This is a powerful image. It has special meaning to our family. My husband's son is leaving for the Middle East today in what will be his 3rd deployment in six years. We will be praying for his safe return just before Christmas.

All the Best
Patty

ps.....It was great to see your set-up and how you were able to accomplish this!!

Jul 09, 2007 at 04:37 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.2 #2 · #255 - Home

Even, Chuck, Lee, Thanks for posting. It means a lot and is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Patty, I thank you so much. Your step son and family will be in my prayers.

God bless.

Jul 10, 2007 at 07:26 AM
Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.2 #3 · #255 - Home

Thanks for posting the setup, its nice to see someone else using desk lamps!!

Jul 10, 2007 at 09:59 AM
James Markus
• • • •
p.2 #4 · #255 - Home

Very Dramatic image Mike! I don't see the tie-in to the assignment - though I do understand what your image says to me. The dream was born of shed blood...which is hardly sweet, but the dream is sweet...know what I'm saying? It's not the first thing that comes to my mind. The image is great...assignment or no.

Jul 10, 2007 at 05:11 PM
Strad
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · #255 - Home

Bravo on the powerful image, Mike! Perfectly done! I suspect people will read into it whatever they want from whatever end of the political spectrum they emanate from. It has that kind of universal appeal. It's hard to know what Fred will deem fits to the topic but if it makes it to the finals I'm sure it will do well.

All best wishes,

Endre

Jul 11, 2007 at 04:11 PM
Flibble
• • •
p.2 #6 · #255 - Home

I guess I'll add my name to the not sure about how well it fits the assignment without the title thingy, but it's a great shot, nicely set up.

Splendid stuff indeed.

Jul 11, 2007 at 06:45 PM
gvarma
• • •
p.2 #7 · #255 - Home

Nicely done, love the execution of the shot, bringing your story together. For me this a bitter sweet dream, specially so after a hard day as the posture seems to indicate. Like the lighting to bring out the dream and the dodging of the back to bring out strength.

Jul 12, 2007 at 08:29 PM
Philly Rains
• • • •
p.2 #8 · #255 - Home

Mike! Congratulations on making the finals with this wonderful image! I knew it the minute I saw it!! Good Luck!!

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:33 AM
JD Anderson
• • •
p.2 #9 · #255 - Home

Not a lot of eye candy, like you said, but it doesn't need it. WOW! Everyone knows someone who is deployed. For me, it is my brother and my neighbor. Thanks for creating this image. I believe it honors our troops, and we need to do that since Congress and the media won't...

JD

Jul 13, 2007 at 04:45 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Etadam
• • •
p.2 #10 · #255 - Home

Vipermike wrote:
... just a simple message.

I'm not an American and may not understand the message behind this picture properly: has it something to do with Irak?

Jul 13, 2007 at 05:02 AM
Speedshotz
• •
p.2 #11 · #255 - Home

Mike...

As a Vietnam vet, May I say that this is the type of thing I dreamed of when I was wet, muddy and on the run from Charlie. I see my nephew who didn't get to come home from Iraq to enjoy the freedom he fought so valiantly for... instead, giving his life that 5 others could return home to their loved ones.. For him and the rest of our brothers who never got the chance to come home, I say thanks...

Speedshotz...

Jul 13, 2007 at 06:57 AM
Vipermike
• • •
p.2 #12 · #255 - Home

Etadam wrote:
I'm not an American and may not understand the message behind this picture properly: has it something to do with Irak?

Hi Etadam, My intention was to create the feeling of an American soldier returnig home safely from Iraq or wherever they may be deployed. It is a dream, especially felt by their families every day. I relied on the American flag in the background to help convey this message along with the title of the image "Home" I tend not to take the WA subjects to literally but use them as a guide to shoot something new that I may not have thought of on my own. It is great practice and helps me focus. <-- Sorry about the pun

Jul 13, 2007 at 07:49 AM
Vipermike
• • •
p.2 #13 · #255 - Home

Speedshotz wrote:
Mike...

As a Vietnam vet, May I say that this is the type of thing I dreamed of when I was wet, muddy and on the run from Charlie. I see my nephew who didn't get to come home from Iraq to enjoy the freedom he fought so valiantly for... instead, giving his life that 5 others could return home to their loved ones.. For him and the rest of our brothers who never got the chance to come home, I say thanks...

Speedshotz...

Hi Speed, It is the guardians such as yourself and your nephew that allow us to sleep at night in freedom and have "sweet dreams" for this I THANK YOU!

Jul 13, 2007 at 07:56 AM
Vipermike
• • •
p.2 #14 · #255 - Home

I'm not big on words but I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind posts. I read every one of them and they are all taken to heart

Thank You,
Mike

Jul 13, 2007 at 08:03 AM
relms
• • • •
p.2 #15 · #255 - Home

Mike,

Congratulations to you for what appears to be a runaway winner this week. The honor is well deserved.

Best regards,
Robert

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:24 PM
Philly Rains
• • • •
p.2 #16 · #255 - Home

Well, Robert beat me to it, but I want to add my Congrats on a sure win!
It's well deserved, my friend.

Jul 18, 2007 at 11:25 AM
Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.2 #17 · #255 - Home

Philly Rains wrote:
Well, Robert beat me to it, but I want to add my Congrats on a sure win!
It's well deserved, my friend.

I'll second that.

Well done.

Jul 18, 2007 at 04:22 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.2 #18 · #255 - Home

They were all winning shots in my eyes. I think during these hard times for many of our service men and women, and their families, the image just hit closer to home.

Thanks guys!!! It sure is nice to be shooting again.

Jul 18, 2007 at 05:07 PM
       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password