Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2007 · #254 - Almost perfect

Adam Woodyatt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · #254 - Almost perfect

Tried this in colour and BW, with a BlackJack, with an Ace of Diamonds, with Chips, with Cash, with a 50mm, with a 100mm, lights on, lights off, you could say I tried most permutations and all in my lunch break.

C&C wanted and always needed.

Edited by Adam Woodyatt on Jun 22, 2007 at 11:08 PM GMT (Reason: Adjusted contrast.)

Jun 22, 2007 at 10:46 PM
Photon
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · #254 - Almost perfect

Check out Bren ODonohue's entry. It's inevitable that we periodically come up with similar ideas for these assignments. I think it's fascinating how different your two entries are, in spite of an obvious similarity in the concept.

I very much like the details of your composition. The array of out of focus chips, the cards, and the hand are all very carefully placed in relation to each other and the frame edges. It works very well. I would like to see a bit more contrast, without brightening the image.

Jun 22, 2007 at 10:57 PM
Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.1 #3 · #254 - Almost perfect

Photon wrote:
Check out Bren ODonohue's entry. It's inevitable that we periodically come up with similar ideas for these assignments. I think it's fascinating how different your two entries are, in spite of an obvious similarity in the concept.
:

Once I've seen the WA I don't look at the other Post's until after I have posted, I thought I was being original, obviously not. If this is against the rules or not in keeping with the ethics of the contest I will happily try and come up with something else.

I guess Poker must be more EU than US!!

Jun 22, 2007 at 11:16 PM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · #254 - Almost perfect

Adam Woodyatt wrote:
Once I've seen the WA I don't look at the other Post's until after I have posted, I thought I was being original, obviously not. If this is against the rules or not in keeping with the ethics of the contest I will happily try and come up with something else.

I guess Poker must be more EU than US!!

No, I don't see any conflict at all. I was just pointing out a coincidence that happens here every so often.

Jun 22, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Bren ODonohue
• •
p.1 #5 · #254 - Almost perfect

Good shot - may the best hand win!
Good luck
Bren

Jun 23, 2007 at 07:48 AM
Philly Rains
• • • •
p.1 #6 · #254 - Almost perfect

Adam, please do NOT think there's any problem at all!! That's the fun of the WA.....seeing how many ways our members interpret the assignment, and as often happens, the same concept. Your image is imaginative, and fun! Definitely says 'almost perfect,' although your capture IS perfection! Great job!

Jun 23, 2007 at 10:48 PM
keithchan
• • •
p.1 #7 · #254 - Almost perfect

I love this shot, and the set up with the background just right! Good job!

Jun 23, 2007 at 11:15 PM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · #254 - Almost perfect

This is a perfectly done shot, Adam, and I'm certain will make it to the finals - if not win outright. Bravo!

All the best,

Endre

Jun 24, 2007 at 03:51 PM
Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.1 #9 · #254 - Almost perfect

Philly Rains wrote:
Adam, please do NOT think there's any problem at all!! That's the fun of the WA.....seeing how many ways our members interpret the assignment, and as often happens, the same concept. Your image is imaginative, and fun! Definitely says 'almost perfect,' although your capture IS perfection! Great job!

Cheers Philly, always appreciate your kind words. I'd had a few ideas for this WA, Golf and Darts were the other ones, daft thing is I don't play either of those or Poker!!

Jun 24, 2007 at 07:05 PM
Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.1 #10 · #254 - Almost perfect

Bren ODonohue wrote:
Good shot - may the best hand win!
Good luck
Bren

Cheers Bren, great minds think alike. Hope we both do well.

Jun 24, 2007 at 07:13 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.1 #11 · #254 - Almost perfect

keithchan wrote:
I love this shot, and the set up with the background just right! Good job!

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it. Glad you like it.

Adam

Jun 24, 2007 at 07:14 PM
Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.1 #12 · #254 - Almost perfect

Strad wrote:
This is a perfectly done shot, Adam, and I'm certain will make it to the finals - if not win outright. Bravo!

All the best,

Endre

Thanks Endre, I really appreciate your kind words as I have great respect for your work especially the Egg Shot you are using to promote your exhibition. I enjoy just submitting, I'm not even thinking about making the finals, although that would be great, but to have you giving me the thumbs up gives me the confidence that I am improving and heading in the right direction.

Adam

Jun 24, 2007 at 07:35 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #13 · #254 - Almost perfect

Nice Adam!

Jun 26, 2007 at 12:57 AM
cennerfelt
• • • •
p.1 #14 · #254 - Almost perfect

Well done. Like iot a lot in B&W. DOF is wonderful.
Christian

Jun 27, 2007 at 12:15 AM
Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.1 #15 · #254 - Almost perfect

Vipermike wrote:
Nice Adam!

Glad you like it, but I think yours is the winning hand!!

Jun 27, 2007 at 10:25 PM
Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.1 #16 · #254 - Almost perfect

cennerfelt wrote:
Well done. Like iot a lot in B&W. DOF is wonderful.
Christian

Thanks Christian, I really appreciate your comments and I am glad you like it. I love my 100mm Macro and the Bokeh / DOF it gives me, (£ for £ (or $ for $) it is great value) I also tried this with my 50mm 1.4 but I could not get the framing right.

Jun 27, 2007 at 10:32 PM
jban99
• • • •
p.1 #17 · #254 - Almost perfect

Nice picture Adam and with a very good hand!
The composition is excellent and the chips on the background complement the concept beautifully…

Jun 28, 2007 at 01:04 AM
Medowlark
• • •
p.1 #18 · #254 - Almost perfect

You and Bren beat me to the punch on this one. The comp is great and I especially like the fact that I have to look carefully to discover the defect.
al

Jun 28, 2007 at 02:58 AM
Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.1 #19 · #254 - Almost perfect

jban99 wrote:
Nice picture Adam and with a very good hand!
The composition is excellent and the chips on the background complement the concept beautifully…

Thanks for taking the time to comment jban, I only wish it had been a real game...

...don't know why I said that as I have never played Poker!!

Glad you liked it.

Jun 28, 2007 at 09:44 AM
Adam Woodyatt
• • •
p.1 #20 · #254 - Almost perfect

Medowlark wrote:
You and Bren beat me to the punch on this one. The comp is great and I especially like the fact that I have to look carefully to discover the defect.
al

I tried several ways to hide the imperfection including a blackjack with the rest of the cards hearts, all in colour but it looked obvious. Taking the colour out so you have to look for the shape seemed to work best. Glad you like it.

Jun 28, 2007 at 09:53 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password