WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2007 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Flibble
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Thought I'd have a go at a sensible entry. Taken in a cafe earlier today against a strong backlight. A cup of the hot black stuff on their black (synthetic I'm certain) leather table tops. It's the sort of establishment that matron would have liked to have come along to, had I not locked her up in my cell this week.

She'd never approve. Coffee is for the weak. Those who need to rely on stimulents that aren't derived from pills are clearly one coconut shy of a llama.

Splendid.

May 28, 2007 at 03:07 PM
mofnet
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Splendid indeed. I love the composition and the lighting.

I thought you only drank tea over there. What gives?

May 28, 2007 at 04:42 PM
Tom Basore
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Well done Mr. Flibble..Were you able to drink it without incident?

This is your second reference to the llama in as many weeks. The Oxnard Dictionary defines the llama thusly:

Llama: (n) The llama is a quadruped which lives in large rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, a forehead, and a beak for eating honey. But, it is provided with fins for swimming. Also, llamas are larger than frogs

The question: Does this accurately describe your llama? If not how does yours differ?

May 28, 2007 at 05:33 PM
suse
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #251: Fuel for the masses

mofnet wrote:

I've heard that sometimes when Flibble escapes his confinement, he likes to wear full Cowboy regalia. & Sometimes he wears a moustache and feigns a weird French accent. On those occasions he likes to drink coffee.

He gets tea in his cell, served by Matron. Strong, British tea from a teapot. They tell Flib that it's Darjeeling, but actually the taste comes from the added sedatives.

May 28, 2007 at 10:28 PM
canandaigua ph
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Very nice soft image Mr Flibble.....which is difficult to do in a black photo.
kudos
Peter

May 28, 2007 at 11:35 PM
runner10
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #251: Fuel for the masses

I like the way this one was composed. I also love the way the light hits the cup handle, the rim of the cup and the coffee. Top notch photograph!!!

May 29, 2007 at 12:46 AM
Steven Roberts
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Wow, this is very nice and refreshing to see this side of things. Shows you talents in many ways. You are a joy to talk to, read, listen to and see what you bring to the table and this one is definitely no exception to what you masterfully do.

Steve

May 29, 2007 at 12:58 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #251: Fuel for the masses

So, Mr. Fibbs - you drugged Matron and left her in your closet with a stack of old "Farmer's Almanacs" for entertainment should she come to. Naughty! Naughty! What would George and Mildred think? I do hope you got back to Matron before the effects of the little pink and blue spotted pills wore off or you would have had a lot of explaining to do. I am glad to see, though, that the medication regime i proposed last week seems to be having a positive effect - as indicated by the much more (mentally) focused entry. Good! Keep up the meds, my friend, and keep up the good work. The photographic therapy is beginning to have an effect. The black liquid in the black cup looks very enticing. First class work!

Fond egards,

Endre

May 29, 2007 at 02:12 AM
MarcR
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Flibble, are you mad? Such a normal image. My brain is
not fully convinced that cup and saucer are black, but it's a
great photo! Nice use of rule-of-thirds, diagonal, and round
shapes. Wonderful, silky reflections. An intimate and sensual
close-up; not too close, but enough to be promising. I love
this little twist of reflection on the coffee. Well done!

May 29, 2007 at 07:22 AM
Medowlark
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Shoot, I was expecting to see a person swimming in that cup No matter, I like it the soft tones and comp. well done!

Al

May 29, 2007 at 09:49 AM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Brett Weston, how did you escape, and what ever impelled you to impersonate Flibble?
You had to know we'd see through your ruse, considering that he sees the world in purple, pink, and blue.
Well, nothing lost, we can comment on this entry. But how does one offer a constructive critique
when there's nothing to criticize? Aha, you failed to level the camera! What's the point of gorgeous curves and
beautiful dark and light shapes if we have to worry that our dose of "Slendid" (TM) artificial sweetener
may miss the mark when we pour it from a point that seems to be directly above the cup?
Are you out of your cups? When you're two coconuts shy of a llama, are you doing a
Carmen Miranda impersonation?

May 29, 2007 at 11:48 AM
_evt_
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Very stimulating photo! Love the composition.

Now, is someone going to let Mr. Flibble know that someone has lifted his user name and password

Really nice shot!

May 29, 2007 at 12:11 PM
Philly Rains
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Yep. the 'Pod People' have got our Flibble!

Or, could it be that he's hiding deep within the depths of whatever is really in that cup.........(insert JAWS theme here).......... waiting to burst forth the moment an unsuspecting passer-by reaches for the handle? I shudder at the thought!

May 29, 2007 at 01:19 PM
Flibble
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #251: Fuel for the masses

mofnet wrote:

Ask any of my fellow inmates and they'll happily attest to the fact that tea runs through my veins. I've drunk so much tea over the years that my body can now sythesize it itself, so I no longer have a need for this "old fashioned" means of ingestion. In fact, so successful have I been at this that I now have to sit at the front of the canteen in place of the urn offering my excess. So much for progress - I didn't think revolutionary new body functionality would be met with such a dull application.

Oh well.

May 29, 2007 at 04:08 PM
Flibble
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Tom Basore wrote:
Well done Mr. Flibble..Were you able to drink it without incident?

This is your second reference to the llama in as many weeks. The Oxnard Dictionary defines the llama thusly:

Llama: (n) The llama is a quadruped which lives in large rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, a forehead, and a beak for eating honey. But, it is provided with fins for swimming. Also, llamas are larger than frogs

The question: Does this accurately describe your llama? If not how does yours differ?

That's so yesterday. My llama evolves on a daily basis. Today he's grown a Michael Jackson head and is now deafening me with his Reggae version of Thriller. It was impressive the first time he performed it, but he's been at it for five hours solid now and it's beginning to rile somewhat.

*sigh*

I'm just hoping it's not like when he learnt aggadoo. He didn't evolve that song for 3 months and I about went mad.

May 29, 2007 at 04:15 PM
Flibble
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · #251: Fuel for the masses

suse wrote:
I've heard that sometimes when Flibble escapes his confinement, he likes to wear full Cowboy regalia. & Sometimes he wears a moustache and feigns a weird French accent. On those occasions he likes to drink coffee.

He gets tea in his cell, served by Matron. Strong, British tea from a teapot. They tell Flib that it's Darjeeling, but actually the taste comes from the added sedatives.

Ahh yes, I'm quite the dashing gent around town when I'm in my full cowboy suit. You can tell from the faces of the people that I pass that they admire my style - most wholeheartedly. Some have been known to weep, but you can't blame the young ones, they have probably never had to gaze upon such splendour.

I've long been aware that Matron's tea isn't tea, but it's still quite delicious. How she makes it so warm and yellow I have no idea. And how she seems to be able to make it without going to the kitchen is a real mystery. Most odd.

May 29, 2007 at 04:24 PM
Flibble
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · #251: Fuel for the masses

canandaigua ph wrote:
Very nice soft image Mr Flibble.....which is difficult to do in a black photo.
kudos
Peter

Call it my shaky hands. I learnt all there is to know from the great Shakin' Stevens, no less. I never did find out what was behind that green door of his...

May 29, 2007 at 04:26 PM
Flibble
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · #251: Fuel for the masses

runner10 wrote:
I like the way this one was composed. I also love the way the light hits the cup handle, the rim of the cup and the coffee. Top notch photograph!!!

Whythankyouverymuch. Splendid, splendid.

May 29, 2007 at 04:28 PM
Flibble
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Steven Roberts wrote:
Wow, this is very nice and refreshing to see this side of things. Shows you talents in many ways. You are a joy to talk to, read, listen to and see what you bring to the table and this one is definitely no exception to what you masterfully do.

Steve

It's the pills. With Matron locked away, I've been able to get hold of some of the more obscure pills that smell of lemons (and look a little bit like a pudgy version of Joan Collins). They definitely make me feel different. Kinda woozy in a non-woozy kinda way.

May 29, 2007 at 04:35 PM
Flibble
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · #251: Fuel for the masses

Strad wrote:
So, Mr. Fibbs - you drugged Matron and left her in your closet with a stack of old "Farmer's Almanacs" for entertainment should she come to. Naughty! Naughty! What would George and Mildred think? I do hope you got back to Matron before the effects of the little pink and blue spotted pills wore off or you would have had a lot of explaining to do. I am glad to see, though, that the medication regime i proposed last week seems to be having a positive effect - as indicated by the much more (mentally) focused entry. Good!
...Show more

George and Mildred are unsure of what to think - that's because I'm currently putting them through their lobotomy training. There are no others in the group so they have to do the practical sessions on each other. Needs must I guess.

George's dribbling is looking pretty good. Millie must be doing somethig right. Good kitties... good kitties. Soon you'll be ready to take on Philly's MI Minky.

Mwuhahhahahahah [The original and best evil laugh your money can get TM]

May 29, 2007 at 04:40 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.