New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2007 · 40D may be available in july

Fred Relaix
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 40D may be available in july

The Canon retailer in Paris where I bought a lot of stuff just told me that Canon has annonced them the 40D will the there in July. They did not get any details (except it will be an EF-S compatible camera), but they say that the 5D replacement will not ship this year.
For what it is worth...

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:28 AM
racoll
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 40D may be available in july

Uh-oh...my bank account isn't ready yet!

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:30 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 40D may be available in july

No, it will never be available in time when I need one.

EB

Apr 28, 2007 at 01:32 PM
Tad Killian
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 40D may be available in july

Can anyone verify if it will be Digic II or III?

Apr 28, 2007 at 02:27 PM
floris
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 40D may be available in july

Fred Relaix wrote:
but they say that the 5D replacement will not ship this year.

makes sense, as from a marketing perspective they'd want to have the 1DsMkIII shipping before people know how cool the new 5D is.. just like they got the 1DmkIII shipping before the 40D.

Apr 28, 2007 at 02:55 PM
Steve Torelli
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 40D may be available in july

More pointless rumors, destined to be as true as the last series of pointless rumours before PMA. When are ya'll gonna learn ?
These people have no more idea what Canon is going to do than I do. Why would they be privy to info nobody else has ?
Good luck.

Apr 28, 2007 at 03:12 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 40D may be available in july

I am afraid I have to agree with Steve.... . The word "available" is kind of misleading as well. Available as in "ready for shipment", since the guy that told you is in the retail business or available as "will be announced" or "introduced"? As we all know, it will take approximately 3 months for Canon to ship a new body after the announcement. We are still waiting for the 1D Mark III, which was announced at the PMA....

Apr 28, 2007 at 03:52 PM
ward1066
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 40D may be available in july

I thought they were going to discontinue EF-S

Apr 28, 2007 at 04:10 PM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 40D may be available in july

I love it how some retailer somewhere has the scoop when even the canon reps have not been told yet. Canon is very tight lipped about this stuff. Half the time, people behind the counter just make stuff up just to screw with people.

Apr 28, 2007 at 04:51 PM
prof_fate
• • • • •
[X]
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 40D may be available in july

3 months?
I had my 30D 3 weeks after it was announced.
Announcements are the week before PMA or Photokina, so I would not expect any announcement until mis August, and late Sept availabiity.

As to rumours - good luck. I haven't seen anyone guess the Canon announcement correctly yet.

Show me the guess on the 580EXII, or 16-35II. Lots of 'New 1Ds!' guesses...all wrong.

Apr 28, 2007 at 05:29 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 40D may be available in july

prof_fate wrote:
3 months?
I had my 30D 3 weeks after it was announced.

I don't know exactly how long but you are correct. However, the improvement from 20D to 30D is what I would call "minor". It would not take Canon that long or any major retooling was not necessary to install a larger LCD screen on a 20D to roll out the 30D..... . I believe the upgrade from 1D MarkII to the "N" was also in a similar fashion. A major upgrade typically takes longer.... well, you get the drift.

Apr 28, 2007 at 05:39 PM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 40D may be available in july

And my name is Tom Cruise.

Apr 28, 2007 at 10:34 PM
Bernie_King
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 40D may be available in july

AGeoJO wrote:
I am afraid I have to agree with Steve.... . The word "available" is kind of misleading as well. Available as in "ready for shipment", since the guy that told you is in the retail business or available as "will be announced" or "introduced"? As we all know, it will take approximately 3 months for Canon to ship a new body after the announcement. We are still waiting for the 1D Mark III, which was announced at the PMA....

I don't know if you can use the 1D Mark III as an example. It was announced at PMA, but a June/July release would not coincide with a major event so they might be ready to ship. Remember, they didn't take but three weeks to have the XTi shipping. It is also very possible that there was some trouble with 1DIII production after the announcement as rumors have suggested. The 40D is a consumer line camera and there is less room for this type of foolishness. I'll bet they ship within a month of the announcement.

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:22 PM
John Black
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 40D may be available in july

Photokina is every 2 years, so if you're waiting for a Photokina '07 announcement - it's going to be a long year for ya...

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:47 PM
prof_fate
• • • • •
[X]
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 40D may be available in july

John Black wrote:
Photokina is every 2 years, so if you're waiting for a Photokina '07 announcement - it's going to be a long year for ya...

true, but they still have a fall announcement, for the xmas season if nothing else.

Apr 29, 2007 at 12:55 AM
EltonTeng
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 40D may be available in july

I heard from my retailer that the 40D will be released with a special limited edition 43/1.4 pancake lens with black titanium casing and ultra-USM AF.

Apr 29, 2007 at 01:29 AM
Hammerli
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 40D may be available in july

EltonTeng wrote:
ultra-USM AF.

Just how high of a frequency does ultra-ultrasonic use? Is the 40D going to be a special model for photographing bats, dolphins, etc.?

Apr 29, 2007 at 09:58 AM
darknite
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 40D may be available in july

Ultra-USM... phffft Whatever. EVERYBODY knows the biggest improvement will be the Digic V with Transwarp-Drive® Ye, its true, it will have time/space continuum bracketing

Apr 29, 2007 at 12:44 PM
darknite
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 40D may be available in july

darknite wrote:
Ultra-USM... phffft Whatever. EVERYBODY knows the biggest improvement will be the Digic V with Transwarp-Drive® Ye, its true, it will have time/space continuum bracketing

Dang, hit the send button too fast. Face recognition is only the beginning. DigicV with TransWarp Drive® allows you to enter the facial expression you want to capture, (happy, sad, angry, pensive, sultry, seductive an etc) and it will scan the entire space time continuum including parallel universes and anomoly pocket dimensions to find the best possible facial expression according to the parameters you have entered.

Wait, thats not all....... 3 Direct Print Buttons!!! Who could ask for anything more.

Disclaimer, DigicV with Transwarp-Drive® time space spaning abilities severly limits high ISO performance. For best results, use with the new line of Canon EFD lenses, a line of f/ 0.9 lenses that use a flourite and dilithium matrix to acheive maximum light gathering
capability

Elton was partially correct, the 5-5000 EFDL f/0.9 lens hides most of its weight and bulk in a small pocket universe so it appears to be a pancake lens in our plane of existance

Apr 29, 2007 at 12:54 PM
Aidan Dunbar

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 40D may be available in july

For some reason I don't believe you darknite. Not sure why not, it's just a feeling I'm getting...

Apr 29, 2007 at 02:19 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.