WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2006 · #230 Papa

Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · #230 Papa

Thank you so much, Jess! The warm welcome back by all the WAers is really overwhelming and I so appreciate your good wishes. I'm so glad you like the photo and that you see so much of us both in it.

Fond regards,

Endre

Photon wrote:
Welcome back, welcome, welcome. Some things never completely heal, yet we must go on, and I knew that you would.

You've captured a lot of your Dad's strength here, and I feel as if I can see why he has been here so long, and will likely be here a good while yet. I also feel that I can see some of your character in the portrait, as well as his. A very successful effort.

Nov 28, 2006 at 03:29 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · #230 Papa

I so appreciate your kind words, Christian! Your thoughts and prayers are so meaningful and comforting.

I'm so glad you like the photo. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted to capture and from the comments I read, I'm delighted that I was able to accomplish my goal.

Fond regards,

Endre

cennerfelt wrote:
Hi Endre, really glad to see you back. But you never really left us, always in our hearts, praying for you and your family. Now, to you dad, wow, does this photo show love or what. His expression is absolutely wonderful. Very nice lighting. Ineresting composition, I like it.
Christian

Nov 28, 2006 at 03:40 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · #230 Papa

Thanks, Ed for the kind words and for suggesting the topic. It certainly inspired me to get back to the WA and brought out a lot of wonderful photos of everyone's family. I'm so glad you like the photo.

Fond regards,

Endre

ESC in KC wrote:
Hi Endre - so good to see you post. I had suggested this theme for this week's topic with you in mind. I know that at a time of such tragic loss, it is the loved ones that lift you up and help you find your way towards healing.

This is a wonderful image of a man whose character is bursting through the frame.

Ed

Nov 28, 2006 at 03:50 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · #230 Papa

Thanks, Tom. I'm delighted that you like it so much. I really appreciate your kind comments.

All the best,

Endre

Tom Basore wrote:
Glad to see you Endre. This is a fabulous image. I love old folks. You can usually find me at family gatherings sitting with the old timers.

Everything about this photo breathes love of life, pride in accomplishment in life and dignity with age. I love it.

Nov 28, 2006 at 03:52 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · #230 Papa

Thanks, Tom. I'm so touched by your kind words. I'm glad to be back. I only missed one WA but it feels like a century ago. I'm also really pleased that you like the photo. It means a lot.

Fond regards,

Endre

bouchto wrote:
Endre,
You are truly a man of strength as you continue to move forward on the path of recovery from your incredible loss. You are utilizing the strength from the communities that are supporting you in a positive way, and instead of shutting down you are moving forward, such an example that you set for us all. The portrait of you father is amazing and I commend you. Some of the words that come to mind as I view his portrait are: Distinguished, clear/sharp, demands a second look, alert and full of energy and strength.
Endre, it is great to have you
...Show more

Nov 28, 2006 at 03:58 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · #230 Papa

You're so kind, Art! Thank you for the lovely words. You lost your father just a few days ago? I'm so sorry. As one grieving person to another I can honestly reach across the net to feel your pain and express my deep condolences. I return your prayers for peace, love, and inner strength.

Fond regards,

Endre

Artisador wrote:
Hello Endre,
I am moved by your portrait of your father. It is so filled with love and life. I lost my father in 2006, the day before Thanksgiving, when he was 89. I can tell how close you are to your father through this portrait. I worked with my father on and off for over 35 years, as artists, and his loss was a crushing blow to me. These things happen in life and it is beyond words to express the emotions. Ultimately our photos become what we have left, to document our memories, and they then become iconographs of
...Show more

Nov 28, 2006 at 04:05 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · #230 Papa

Thanks, Michael. I'm so glad you like the photo and I appreciate the warm welcome back.

All the best,

Endre

Michael B wrote:
Hi Endre, wonderful to see your dad, and beautifully presented. It's wonderful to hear from you and great to have you on line, so to speak. Cheers.

Michael

Nov 28, 2006 at 04:06 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · #230 Papa

Thank you so much, Jim. I'm so glad the photo touches you and I really appreciate your prayers. They help a lot.

Fond regards,

Endre

1_of_9 wrote:
Endre,
Wow, that is a great photo. Your fathers eyes say so much...you are lucky to have him. Take care of yourself and all your loved ones...I'm still thinking about you often - praying for the mending of your families hearts.
Jim

Nov 28, 2006 at 04:09 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · #230 Papa

Thank you, Carl. Your words are so kind. I really appreciate them.

All best wishes,

Endre

Photonic wrote:
Endre,

This image is stunning in every way. Your father's eyes reveal the spirit of a young man and I have little doubt they shine for you.

Carl

Nov 28, 2006 at 04:11 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · #230 Papa

Dear friend, Sue. I really appreciate your comforting words. I wish I could be as eloquent in my responses as you (and all the other wonderful WAers) are with your wise and gentle words. It doesn't surprise me, though, that so many of the people here - who are real painters with light - would also have a gift for poetic expression with words. You have no reason to envy my photographic talent - your photos always inspire awe and delight.

Lots of love back to you,

Endre

suse wrote:
Endre

However hard it might seem at the moment, my dear friend, you are indeed blessed. You're so lucky to have an amazing talent that your subjects appear with so much life and personality in your photographic work.

Your father's incredible personality utterly shines through this photograph. I envy you the love you have in your family and the talent you have.

lots of love
Sue

Nov 28, 2006 at 04:22 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · #230 Papa

So glad you like it, Doug.

All the best,

Endre

shakes wrote:
It makes me smile just looking at your fathers portrait. Very nicely done.

Nov 28, 2006 at 04:23 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · #230 Papa

So good to hear from you, Julien, my friend! Life does sometimes throw us for a loop - but the only option is to put one foot in front of the other and plow forward as best as we can. Fortunately, from my perspective the world is filled with beauty and if I can catch some of it in a photo to share with others, then I've done something good to justify my existence on this plane. I thank you for your kind words and good wishes. So glad you like the photo. My Dad is, indeed, a great guy.

Fond regards,

Ende

markoner wrote:
Endre,

Away from the forum for a while, I've been terribly upset to hear the bad news.
Life can be so hard sometimes we might forget it's beauty in the other extremity.
May the rest of your life be filled only with things coming from this part.

Your photo is just superb. I like everything in it.
Old and wise but still the impishness (not sure for the term excuse me) of a child in the look and smile.
He must be someone you really love for sure.

Julien

Nov 28, 2006 at 04:27 AM
Artisador
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · #230 Papa

Strad wrote:
You're so kind, Art! Thank you for the lovely words. You lost your father just a few days ago? I'm so sorry. As one grieving person to another I can honestly reach across the net to feel your pain and express my deep condolences. I return your prayers for peace, love, and inner strength.

Fond regards,

Endre

Endre, thank you, no I made a typo - I lost my father the day before Thanksgiving in 2000. It is six years ago now. The pain is much less, it does diminish with time.
Take care sir- Best to you-
/\rt

Nov 28, 2006 at 09:31 AM
zcaley
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · #230 Papa

Sweet! It is a wonderful portrait!

Nov 28, 2006 at 12:13 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · #230 Papa

Artisador wrote:
Endre, thank you, no I made a typo - I lost my father the day before Thanksgiving in 2000. It is six years ago now. The pain is much less, it does diminish with time.
Take care sir- Best to you-
/\rt

Thanks for the clarification but my deep sympathies remain for your loss. Time and our dear friends have already provided us much healing.

Fond regards, again.

Endre

Nov 28, 2006 at 12:33 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · #230 Papa

zcaley wrote:
Sweet! It is a wonderful portrait!

Thanks so much, Caley. I'm so glad you like it!

All the best,

Endre

Nov 28, 2006 at 12:34 PM
gvarma
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · #230 Papa

Endre,

Now I have to admire you for one more thing, for your strength to come back and post a photo of your family. Your photos manage to bring out the character of your subjects so well. They must be so proud of you. Nice to know you were from Hungary. I had childhood friends from Hungary. Have fond memories of visiting Budapest.

Nov 28, 2006 at 07:59 PM
nlamendo
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · #230 Papa

Endre,
A beautiful portrait, what a great smile. The lighting is perfect, very sharp focus. Well done.
-Nick

Nov 28, 2006 at 09:52 PM
canandaigua ph
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · #230 Papa

just a perfect image for this WA......and a beautiful portrait. You've captured the soul
Peter

Nov 29, 2006 at 01:37 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · #230 Papa

Thanks, Gotsy. Strength is really just a matter of putting one foot in front of the other and not stopping or going backwards. I'm so glad you like this photo. I was born in Los Angeles, although I speak Hungarian as it was my first language. Budapest is a beautiful city. Someday, I'll go back there to take photos.

Fond regards,

Endre

gvarma wrote:
Endre,

Now I have to admire you for one more thing, for your strength to come back and post a photo of your family. Your photos manage to bring out the character of your subjects so well. They must be so proud of you. Nice to know you were from Hungary. I had childhood friends from Hungary. Have fond memories of visiting Budapest.

Nov 29, 2006 at 03:00 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.