Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2006 · #222: Seascape

suse
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #222: Seascape

Dragged my tripod along the beach looking for a single post. This was the nearest I could find.

Sep 26, 2006 at 10:40 PM
gvarma
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #222: Seascape

Beautiful shot. Nice processing. Like the starkness of the pipe against the nearly white sea and sand. Is it a picture of a pipe dumping waste water. Glad you found time to submit, as I thought this assignment suited you. Hope your probate stuff has cleared up.

Sep 26, 2006 at 10:54 PM
simonm

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #222: Seascape

Great entry. A very stark contrast there. Do you mind if I ask what time of the day the photo was shot?

Cheers,
Simon.

Sep 26, 2006 at 11:16 PM
suse
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #222: Seascape

Hi Gotsy!

Thanks v. much for the comment. I think it's an old, disused pipe. Glad I was able to find something to submit! I've been working with my toy cameras of late, which is probably not the ideal medium for FM-sters. Also meant I was back in the darkroom, which is more time-consuming. I didn't do much processing on this - it was deliberately slightly over-exposed (see exif below), because of the water effect and in order to reduce the detail and enhance the geometry, and then just converted to b&w.

Hope all's well with you

Sep 26, 2006 at 11:26 PM
suse
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #222: Seascape

simonm wrote:
Great entry. A very stark contrast there. Do you mind if I ask what time of the day the photo was shot?

Cheers,
Simon.

Hi Simon

Thanks for the comment. It was an evening shot. I wanted to do a longer exposure but only managed 6 secs. Here's grab of the exif:

Sep 26, 2006 at 11:56 PM
rcarboni
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #222: Seascape

Very cool, dream-like image.

Sep 27, 2006 at 12:51 AM
Strad
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #222: Seascape

Another great shot, Suse! I knew this one was yours from the thumbnail. Where 'ya been?We've missed you around these parts lately. I hope all's well at your end. Anyway, I really love the simple beauty of this. Great shot!

All the best,

Endre

Sep 27, 2006 at 06:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ken Tanaka
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #222: Seascape

Quite good! (This also reminds me of a Harry Callahan image.) Well done.

Sep 27, 2006 at 06:38 AM
suse
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #222: Seascape

Hi Strad

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your words.

My mother has been in hospital after an accident/breaking her arm. And been busy with the vintage toy cameras of late, and smelling darkroom chemicals...forgotten how much time that takes...

Speaking of breathing in darkroom chemicals...where is the Flibble...

Sep 27, 2006 at 09:55 PM
Flibble
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #222: Seascape

suse wrote:
Hi Strad

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your words.

My mother has been in hospital after an accident/breaking her arm. And been busy with the vintage toy cameras of late, and smelling darkroom chemicals...forgotten how much time that takes...

Speaking of breathing in darkroom chemicals...where is the Flibble...

They let me out. I got to wear my favourite blonde wig. I had a most excellent adventure. They made a video. I'm famous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqY04cFT6LU (Best with sound)

Should be back to my normal routine next week...

Sep 27, 2006 at 10:04 PM
gvarma
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #222: Seascape

It took Flibble all of 9 minutes to reply . Flibble and his banana are back with a vengeance . "The great gorilla run 2006", where does he find these things. Come back Flibble, I need my weekly dose.

Sep 27, 2006 at 10:39 PM
ironabike
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #222: Seascape

Suse, this is perfect for the theme. I love your processing. One can lose one's self int he abstractness of your shot. Very peaceful, yet somehow seductive.
Jane

Sep 27, 2006 at 11:55 PM
cennerfelt
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #222: Seascape

When I first saw this on the thumbnail I was wondering who had snow already. Now I know better. Neat shot and processing. Very dreamlike. I like it a lot.
Christian

Sep 28, 2006 at 01:01 AM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password