Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries
  

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2006 · #216: Post-its
  
 
gvarma
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · #216: Post-its


C&C Welcome









Aug 16, 2006 at 01:47 AM
canandaigua ph
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · #216: Post-its


Gotsy...............magic work with paper! The tones and texture are both beautiful.
care to share your PP technique?
Great entry!
Peter



Aug 16, 2006 at 02:32 AM
ironabike
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · #216: Post-its


Super shot, Gotsy. A finalist once again.
Jane



Aug 16, 2006 at 02:33 AM
suse
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · #216: Post-its


Nice abstract. Very sensual movement of the light and shade, if you follow the shapes around.


Aug 16, 2006 at 02:34 AM
gvarma
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · #216: Post-its


canandaigua ph wrote:
Gotsy...............magic work with paper! The tones and texture are both beautiful.
care to share your PP technique?
Great entry!
Peter


Peter,
Thanks for stopping by. As for the PP, changed to B&W using
http://www.designbyfire.com/?p=17
Then added a bit of tone using
http://www.retouchpro.com/tutorials/lum-mask-sepia.html
Used a slightly red color.
Then a bit of USM
If you would like more details or an action for the B&W conversion let me know.





Aug 16, 2006 at 02:50 AM
gvarma
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · #216: Post-its


ironabike wrote:
Super shot, Gotsy. A finalist once again.
Jane

Thanks, good luck with your image too



Aug 16, 2006 at 02:50 AM
gvarma
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · #216: Post-its


suse wrote:
Nice abstract. Very sensual movement of the light and shade, if you follow the shapes around.

Appreciate your comment very much. What about an image from you



Aug 16, 2006 at 02:52 AM
suse
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · #216: Post-its


Gotsy - Flibble sent me some of his rubbish pills last week. Only I think he told me the wrong dose, & I took way too much; I've been sat here ever since in a darkened room staring at the void.

Actually, it might be something to helping my family deal with probate (do you call it probate in the States), my creative Zen has disappeared. Get that camera battery going, and I'll be in there with you all soon.



Aug 16, 2006 at 03:08 AM
ToeTag
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · #216: Post-its


1the official proving of a will.
2a verified copy of a will with a certificate as handed to the executors

Generally the time where ownership of an estate is decided in a court of law; everything is in limbo until they are finished and assets are distributed. In the States.

Zen often requires a strong boot to the 'fisteris.'

/..



Aug 16, 2006 at 04:12 AM
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · #216: Post-its


The "Post-It Processing"* is well done, but it's the basic composition and lighting that makes it effective. I like it!

* That's what they use at PIP Printing, I'm told.



Aug 16, 2006 at 04:32 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · #216: Post-its


Another beautiful shot, Gotsy! You have such a distinctive style. I can almost always pick out your work from the thumbnails. Great work!!

All the best,

Endre



Aug 16, 2006 at 07:27 AM
ESC in KC
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · #216: Post-its


Beautiful shot Gotsy. Like Endre, I just knew this would be yours. I think this topic was perfectly suited to your talents, and you certainly rose to the occasion.

Ed



Aug 16, 2006 at 12:31 PM
gvarma
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · #216: Post-its


suse wrote:
Gotsy - Flibble sent me some of his rubbish pills last week. Only I think he told me the wrong dose, & I took way too much; I've been sat here ever since in a darkened room staring at the void.

Actually, it might be something to helping my family deal with probate (do you call it probate in the States), my creative Zen has disappeared. Get that camera battery going, and I'll be in there with you all soon.


Suse,
Going through probate, is kind of like having your teeth pulled. Hope you go through it without too many issues. Good luck and hope to see your photos soon.



Aug 16, 2006 at 09:38 PM
gvarma
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · #216: Post-its


Photon wrote:
The "Post-It Processing"* is well done, but it's the basic composition and lighting that makes it effective. I like it!

* That's what they use at PIP Printing, I'm told.


Thanks for stopping by, dont quite know what PIP printing is though




Aug 16, 2006 at 09:40 PM
gvarma
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · #216: Post-its


Strad wrote:
Another beautiful shot, Gotsy! You have such a distinctive style. I can almost always pick out your work from the thumbnails. Great work!!

All the best,

Endre

Endre,
Thanks for your kind words. As for the style its still in the discovery phase . This board is where one can learn so much.



Aug 16, 2006 at 09:47 PM
gvarma
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · #216: Post-its


ESC in KC wrote:
Beautiful shot Gotsy. Like Endre, I just knew this would be yours. I think this topic was perfectly suited to your talents, and you certainly rose to the occasion.

Ed

Appreciate your words. You are right this kind of topic makes me want to take photos. Love your photo, quite distintictive too. Though have a feeling that you missed my comment on it.



Aug 16, 2006 at 09:53 PM
teglis
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · #216: Post-its


Excellent idea, flawlessly executed.


Aug 16, 2006 at 09:57 PM
ESC in KC
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · #216: Post-its


gvarma wrote:
Appreciate your words. You are right this kind of topic makes me want to take photos. Love your photo, quite distintictive too. Though have a feeling that you missed my comment on it.


Hey Gotsy -- I just went back and looked and you are right - I did miss your comment! I always enjoy and appreciate seeing your comments on my entries, so I'm glad you pointed that out.

Ed



Aug 16, 2006 at 10:21 PM
bouchto
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · #216: Post-its


Wonderful shot and to the point of the WA
Good luck
Tom



Aug 17, 2006 at 12:52 AM
twoshadows
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · #216: Post-its


Beautiful entry, Gotsy. I love how you have taken a simple object and imparted wonderful lines and textures .

Ian



Aug 17, 2006 at 03:30 AM





FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password