Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2006 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

jban99
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

The picture was taken with the camera sitting on the ground under a mobile file cart…

Edited by jban99 on Feb 27, 2006 at 07:14 PM GMT (Reason: Name change)

Feb 27, 2006 at 03:38 PM
ironabike
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

Or a kiss?? Could be? Good shot, John.
Jane

Feb 27, 2006 at 06:34 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

Wonderful shot, John! Very evocative. I agree with Jane that the title ought to be something about a kiss. It tells more of a story that way. I don't think women tend to do that much gossiping with men, anyhow. (I know - someone will immediately label me a sexist pig, but I'll take my chances ) Anyhow, Bravo! I'll betcha this makes it to the finals!
Best,
Endre

Feb 27, 2006 at 07:00 PM
jban99
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

ironabike wrote:
Or a kiss?? Could be? Good shot, John.
Jane

Thank you Jane!
Can’t believe I didn’t think about that.
I will check with you from now on before posting

Feb 27, 2006 at 07:17 PM
jban99
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

Strad wrote:
Wonderful shot, John! Very evocative. I agree with Jane that the title ought to be something about a kiss. It tells more of a story that way. I don't think women tend to do that much gossiping with men, anyhow. (I know - someone will immediately label me a sexist pig, but I'll take my chances ) Anyhow, Bravo! I'll betcha this makes it to the finals!
Best,javascript:void(0);
javascript:void(0);
Endre

Thanks for the comments and also for the good advise Endre!
I just saw Jane’s and your comments when I got home and immediately changed the name, so it was definitely worth it the chance you took to open my eyes.
I’m disappointed that my creativity didn’t let me see what my own picture was saying!
Oh well that’s when my friends came to the rescue…

Feb 27, 2006 at 07:28 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

John - I didn't see your title and immediately thought it looked like a kiss -- good suggestion for the name Jane.

This is a very clever shot and does a great job telling a story through implication -- excellent entry!

Ed

Feb 27, 2006 at 09:17 PM
jban99
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

ESC in KC wrote:
John - I didn't see your title and immediately thought it looked like a kiss -- good suggestion for the name Jane.

This is a very clever shot and does a great job telling a story through implication -- excellent entry!

Ed

Thanks Ed!
After all the ‘ground level’ elements were in the picture I tried a couple shots with only myself standing by the car to improve the composition that eventually evolved into ‘gossip’ (the original idea) and finally into ‘kiss’…

Feb 28, 2006 at 06:53 AM
relms
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

John,

If this is a "Goodbye Kiss", they must be cousins; they have waaaaaay too much space between them otherwise. This is a great idea for ground level. I tried a couple of shots under automobiles, but finally rejected them in favor of the ball in the grass.

Robert

Feb 28, 2006 at 08:30 AM
jban99
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

relms wrote:
John,

If this is a "Goodbye Kiss", they must be cousins; they have waaaaaay too much space between them otherwise. This is a great idea for ground level. I tried a couple of shots under automobiles, but finally rejected them in favor of the ball in the grass.

Robert

Robert, you’re bringing up another good point, somebody else here made the same observation but I just told them that it’s all about ground level…

Feb 28, 2006 at 09:17 AM
tricatrica
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

This one is amazing... definitely my favorite so far. It kind of reminds me of that famous picture of the soldier kissing the girl he doesn't know when he gets home.

Feb 28, 2006 at 09:57 AM
jjvphotos
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

Great take on the assignment, one of the best in my opinion.

Feb 28, 2006 at 10:22 AM
jban99
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

tricatrica wrote:
This one is amazing... definitely my favorite so far. It kind of reminds me of that famous picture of the soldier kissing the girl he doesn't know when he gets home.

Tricatrica, thank you and welcome to the Forum!
I’m glad it evoked those nice memories but unfortunately I wasn’t returning from or going on a trip, just taking a photo lunch break…

Feb 28, 2006 at 01:34 PM
jban99
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

jjvphotos wrote:
Great take on the assignment, one of the best in my opinion.

Hi Jonathan, thanks for the nice remarks!

Feb 28, 2006 at 01:36 PM
hopes2
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

While thinking about the assignment I imagined a similar situation, you surely brought it to life. U R 2 good.

Feb 28, 2006 at 02:03 PM
jban99
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

hopes2 wrote:
While thinking about the assignment I imagined a similar situation, you surely brought it to life. U R 2 good.

Thanks for the comments Dan, it’s funny how so many of us so often think of the same general idea for the assignments, so it’s better to enter early and save yourself from having to start the thinking process all over, it happened to me a few times already…

Feb 28, 2006 at 05:56 PM
suse
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

Really like this shot. It really does invite the viewer to tell the story.

Personally, (in response to Strad's comment!) I prefer to see it as some beleagured worker asking his female boss for a payrise....

Feb 28, 2006 at 06:26 PM
jban99
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

suse wrote:
Really like this shot. It really does invite the viewer to tell the story.

Personally, (in response to Strad's comment!) I prefer to see it as some beleagured worker asking his female boss for a payrise....

Thank you Suse, you’re right it’s open to several interpretations and I kind of like yours, so I will ask for more money next time…

Feb 28, 2006 at 06:40 PM
Forrest Egan
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

I really like this one a lot! Excellent composition and I agree with the name change.

Feb 28, 2006 at 07:22 PM
artemesia66

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

Nice shot. Great story-telling and a great composition. I don't know what the name was before, but the title seems right on to me.

Feb 28, 2006 at 10:04 PM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · #194: The Goodbye Kiss...

It was interesting reading the comments about the name choices. No matter what it's titled, it's a very, very fine shot - beautifully done!

Feb 28, 2006 at 11:22 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.